Frank Black Making Noise
 Frank's Favorite Albums (New Interview)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  03:01:50  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://thequietus.com/articles/08613-frank-black-favourite-albums-the-pixies

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  04:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really great interview. Promising sounds about a new record too...
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  10:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Black’s been writing songs for his next project after the second Grand Duchy album, Let The People Speak, which he’s promoting today: “I have to decide to write a song and it takes me a while to get going. I’m writing a lot of songs right now. My family finds it a little difficult to communicate with me at these points. The next recording session is going to very important. I haven’t made demos like this in years! I’m trying to wow people right now. I’m trying right now to make a good record. I’m overdue.”
Sounds great!
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  16:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time to book that Mariachi Band.
Go to Top of Page

windupbird
- FB Fan -

127 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  17:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reading that he's writing "a lot of songs right now" and everything that follows in the article, was the most promising news I've heard in a while, on the black francis front. I mean, it just really makes it something to look forward to. Demos? Trying to wow people? Yes!
Go to Top of Page

Jose Jones
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1758 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  14:04:12  Show Profile  Visit Jose Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

"Black’s been writing songs for his next project after the second Grand Duchy album, Let The People Speak, which he’s promoting today: “I have to decide to write a song and it takes me a while to get going. I’m writing a lot of songs right now. My family finds it a little difficult to communicate with me at these points. The next recording session is going to very important. I haven’t made demos like this in years! I’m trying to wow people right now. I’m trying right now to make a good record. I’m overdue.”
Sounds great!

i'd like to hear him expound on that statement a little. what does he mean by "good record?" does he not think his latest albums are good? "overdue?" overdue in the fb sense, meaning the album-a-year pace has slowed, or it's been too long since he's made a truly good album?

------------------------------
they were the heroes of old, men of renown.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  04:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he probably means that while his records have been good as of late, he wants to make another great one, like Teenager or Dog, and to do it he is spending time writing and planning out the album instead of going into the studio and writing songs there.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  07:23:55  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This sounds promising, we'll see what happens!

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000