(Gouge Away)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT6NfiP8gMI

(Hermaphroditos)

from Reading 2001

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  13:39:47  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you know I fucking went to the Reading festival in 2001. I was living there that year and got a ticket for the last day, or maybe the saturday I can't remember so I only went for one day. It was amazing but not a patch on Womad that year also in the same site in Reading that I went to! I only remember going to see The Wannadies in one of the tents and they were awesome. I wasn't really tuned into the whole Frank Black thing in those days so I missed an opportunity to be there for this. Almost tempted to say that the old FB&C do a better version of Gouge Away, still misses Kim coming in with the la la la la's though. Maybe they should reform and get Kin Gordon to play with them.

This was filmed just less than two weeks before 9/11 as well, in just a few days after that the world changed.

+edit I'm pished and 200 was the year I went to the Reading Festival for one day. (Womad still 2001)

Edited by - pot on 04/08/2012 13:52:05
Go to Top of Page

Jose Jones
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1758 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  15:03:25  Show Profile  Visit Jose Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
really, pot? you went to reading in the year 200? bullshit, you lying asshole. i'm 99% sure you didn't!

------------------------------
they were the heroes of old, men of renown.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  20:21:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Almost tempted?? They took it to the next level.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  02:44:25  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah... *aherm* well I guess I let the cat out of the bag there- I'm a vampire.

They had a spate of festivals back in those days actually, they were much smaller and lots cheaper and the drugs were better + it always ended up in a huge orgy at the end. They were cancelled in the year 222 when the Romans invaded and introduced the plague. (health and safety)

And sorry Dean but I'm afraid taking out the Kim la la la's kind of drops it down a level, a small level... ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Arm Arm Arm
* Dog in the Sand *

1035 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  11:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a great version of Gouge Away. I really think the Catholics improved on the song, particularly on the 2001 tour. By extending the intro, letting it build and build, they made the song feel even more powerful, more epic.
Go to Top of Page

onyone
- FB Fan -

Yugoslavia
96 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  17:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Arm Arm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT6NfiP8gMI

(Hermaphroditos)

from Reading 2001

I like Catholics as much as any fan, more even. But there no way that crowd was that big for Catholics at festival middle of day. Video maker think they fool onyone but not.
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  17:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmmmbilly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page