Coincidences
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2012 :  14:25:21  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you ever experience strange coincidences in your life? They happen all the time, but sometimes they are quite something to wonder about.

Like this one that just happened to me today. I went to Blackford HIll today, a hill/park/old quarry near the centre of Edinburgh, also where the royal observatory is.

I've been two times this year so far, last time was for a full moon. I used to go there years ago and hadn't been to this place for a long time up until this year. (about 9 years)

Anyway get this! Both times I went there I ended up losing my grey winter bonnet, both times I realised this at the same spot and both times I went looking for it retracing my steps and ended up finding it again in the same place. That's not all. This time someone appears to have found it and conveniently left it hanging off the end of the branch of a small tree at the side of the track, so it was easy to spot!

That's got to be more than a coincidence.

A photo I took from the summit looking towards Craiglockhart hill.

Edited by - pot on 03/24/2012 04:31:11

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  08:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In November 2009 my brother-in-law and I both contracted appendicitis on the same day. Who can top that?
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  09:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oddly enough, in the supermarket yesterday Harry Nilsson's Without You popped into my head and then it suddenly came on over the tannoy...

Edited by - Carl on 03/27/2012 09:24:07
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  13:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Oddly enough, in the supermarket yesterday Harry Nilsson's Without You popped into my head and then it suddenly came on over the tannoy...

Oddly enough, I was listening to this as I read your post! OMG!!!

Okay I lied, I was listening to it a couple of hours ago though. And singing. Badly.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  00:52:10  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd be in the bathroom singing a song as badly as stu and would hear my brother coming up the stairs singing the same tune.

Maybe a twin thing.
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  11:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

I'd be in the bathroom singing a song as badly as stu and would hear my brother coming up the stairs singing the same tune.

Maybe a twin thing.

That reminds me of a game I play with members of my family, sort of. The object being to get the other person to sing a particular song.

So I'll walk upstairs just not so quite subtly singing to myself "I can't live, if living is without you..." just loud enough for someone to hear.

If I then hear my dad or whoever singing it a few minutes later, I've won! It's amazing how easy it is to get drawn in to singing something if somebody else is. And how hard to resisit the urge when I realise I'm being reeled in by a catchy song!

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  12:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are all fine and dandy, but they hardly top my appendix coincidence.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  03:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, you win BLT. That is pretty strange!

quote:
Originally posted by pixiestu

Okay I lied, I was listening to it a couple of hours ago though. And singing. Badly.

It could have been that my subconscious recognized the very first femtosecond of the song... but we'll just say that I'm psychic! :)
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  07:55:31  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Guess what happened today, I only went and lost my hat again! Not at the same place though, but while I was telling my mate that story.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  08:03:36  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My hat is somewhere in this photo, can you find it?

http://djer.roe.ac.uk/vsa/vvv/iipmooviewer-2.0-beta/vvvgps5.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000