New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zeb
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  12:17:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following on from reading a few historic threads about Pixies bootlegs from back in the day, I wondered, now that the band have released a whole heap of live shows, from the reunion tour as well as from before, what people's favourite live recordings of the Pixies are now.

Do you think any of the reunion shows match the original band bootlegs and live releases? If so, what are your favourite reunion/post-reunion live recordings?

Lastly, it would be interesting to hear what your favourite Pixies live recordings of all time are, including all bootlegs/officialy released shows.

Thanks folks.

Arm Arm Arm
* Dog in the Sand *

1034 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  16:22:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two of my favorite reunion shows are Vancouver 4/22/04 and Detroit 11/22/04. Both shows have good setlists and high energy. Into The White is the last song from Vancouver and it's great. In Detroit, Frank pretty much ditched the setlist, making for a very lively show. It also has a long (7 minutes or so) version of Vamos.

I actually prefer the reunion shows to most of the ones I heard from their first go-round. I like that they stretch some of the songs out a bit more during the reunion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000