A fifth Pixie?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2011 :  16:36:01  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who's the guy standing next to Joey in this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILAi0gMPuI

Just saw this tonight at a mates, we were having a YouTube party and he stuck this one on. I've never known the Pixies to recruit extra musicians, ever. It's not like they need one!

So what's the story behind this then, anyone know?

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2011 :  16:54:16  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw something about another Santiago.
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

961 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2011 :  16:57:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah it's his brother who was brought in to help fill the sound since Trompe is pretty guitar heavy. Sure Eric Drew Feldman featured a lot back then too.
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2011 :  21:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  02:15:16  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I knew you guys would know. I thought he looked a bit hispanic and suspected he may be related to Joey.
Go to Top of Page

BunsenH
= Cult of Ray =

296 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  06:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joey is Philipino!
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  12:44:07  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bah, close enough. There are lots of hispanic people from the Philipines. I said I thought he looked 'a bit' hispanic, which I would imagine lots of people from there do, owing to the fact it was colonised by the Spanish from the 16th century onwards.

Anyway thanks for informing me, now that you mention it they both do look kind of more south-east Asian than Spanish.

When I was in India everyone thought I was Israeli. Was i offended? Not in the slightest. Sadly though this wasn't enough to get into some of the Israeli girls pants.

When I was in Rajastan and I'd had a bit of sun and grew a beard one guy thought I was Afghani, that was quite amusing. He chased me up the stairs of my hotel, must have thought I was a terrorist or something.

Edited by - pot on 10/18/2011 12:45:03
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  08:43:40  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh. Or something. Once a drunk slapped my on the bum because he thought I was a girl. I must look feminine from behind, maybe. I'm not sure. I've never seen the back of me.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  10:41:19  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The guy is called BOB SANTIAGO. Can you imagine? "Hello, I'm Bob Santiago". That's the second best name ever (just behind R.J. MacReady)

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  12:47:50  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My stepdad is called Bob Brown.
Go to Top of Page

kurtblack
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  10:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot
Just saw this tonight at a mates, we were having a YouTube party...

You lost me at "we were having a YouTube party".
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  11:35:25  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok. Sorry I only speak a de english.
Go to Top of Page

Jose Jones
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1758 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  08:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Jose Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, i mean... do you say "ok, tuesday night we're having a youtube party at my place. come at 8pm. i'll have lots of my favorite youtube videos queued up, but everyone can dd their own faves to the queue. bring your own beer/weed."

or is it just "hey, let's watch some youtube videos." (3 hours later...)"that was fun."

------------------------------
they were the heroes of old, men of renown.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  11:47:33  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We're gonna have a YouTube party tonight - ALRIGHT!
Yeah we're gonna have a YouTube party all right - TONIGHT!

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

danwalding
- FB Fan -

Australia
33 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  02:20:53  Show Profile  Visit danwalding's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an old interview with Kim Deal in 1991 from Beat Magazine from Melbourne somewhere. In it she refers to Gil Norton as the '5th pixie' and even said "we might get him to play on our final album" which no doubt foreshadowed that they were going to break up (when pressed she said something like "oh we're only contracted for one more album").

She also mentioned that they had recorded a "9-minute surf epic" which obviously became the b-side of the same name on either the first or seecond FB album.

Grew up to be a Debaser
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000