30 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2015 :  15:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wasn't Joey on My Name is Gary, from some sci fi movie'
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2015 :  16:26:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was My name is Gary from??? Who played on that shit?
Go to Top of Page

pmjk
- FB Fan -

Ireland
92 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2015 :  23:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My name is Gary is from a movie called;
"Space Babes Vs The Monster"
The movie was Formerly known as;
"The Low Budget Time Machine"

Check out the Podcast Episode #38 - FB At The Movies.
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  03:53:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a high quality version of the original I'll Be Blue?

-Marcus
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2015 :  04:17:04  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are there any playlist formats that can be shared easily?

What I've looked at seem to require files of the same name and in the same subdirectories.

Edited by - hammerhands on 05/19/2015 04:19:27
Go to Top of Page

Scalzo
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  16:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcusb

Does anyone have a high quality version of the original I'll Be Blue?

-Marcus

I have the 'electric' version. Is that the same one?
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2015 :  01:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, thats the one.. from Good noise/emusic. But all I know of is a crappy mp3 from that time. Was really hoping that version would be on the set.

-Marcus
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2015 :  12:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/05/catching-up-with-frank-black-1.html
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2015 :  12:14:59  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure if you guys are aware, but I just noticed the entire Complete Recordings box set is available to stream for free on Spotify. I know what I'll be streaming for the next month.
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2015 :  12:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah got the box plus the t shirt!
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2015 :  13:22:31  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For those who have this as files on your computer,
what did you use to transfer it or rip it to your computer
and what does your directory structure look like?

For mine, I rip them using EAC with my own version
of a script that uses ITunes to convert the files to Apple Lossless.
The directory structure and filenames look like this:
The Complete Recodings
--Disc One
--Disc Two
--True Blue
----01-Black Letter Days.m4a

Edited by - hammerhands on 05/23/2015 13:24:14
Go to Top of Page

Scalzo
- FB Fan -

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  06:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, thats the one.. from Good noise/emusic. But all I know of is a crappy mp3 from that time. Was really hoping that version would be on the set.

-Marcus

Mine's an mp3 as well. I hope the quality is better for you.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/muqja0
Go to Top of Page

Aerohead
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  16:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are a few tracks in FLAC format that weren't included in the box set:

- "Changing Of The Guard" from the "All My Ghosts" single
- Acoustic versions of "Stupid Me", "If It Takes All Night", "Robert Onion", and "Blast Off" from the 2003 DITS re-release

https://mega.co.nz/#!89FCETrJ!BShgkyFCA1NQlkcJw8JZF-Vh-H1m2c40FSNxmjsElXc

I'd appreciate if anyone could upload a FLAC version of the acoustic "Le Cigar Volante" bonus track from the Japanese release of DITS.

Enjoy!

- Aerohead
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  03:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aerohead

- Acoustic versions of "Stupid Me", "If It Takes All Night", "Robert Onion", and "Blast Off" from the 2003 DITS re-release

I'd appreciate if anyone could upload a FLAC version of the acoustic "Le Cigar Volante" bonus track from the Japanese release of DITS.

Enjoy!

- Aerohead

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A88874ADF76938FD!6526&authkey=!AG33D0RWGjftGCY&ithint=folder%2c

These are all the tracks I own that aren't on the box set. All DITS bonus tracks, the nadine live songs, and SSMVGD Kingly Cave.

-Marcus
Go to Top of Page

Aerohead
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  04:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Enjoy!

- Aerohead

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A88874ADF76938FD!6526&authkey=!AG33D0RWGjftGCY&ithint=folder%2c

These are all the tracks I own that aren't on the box set. All DITS bonus tracks, the nadine live songs, and SSMVGD Kingly Cave.

-Marcus

Thanks!! I believe the only other songs I have that I didn't see in your directory are:

- SSMVGD Sister Isabelle

and the PledgeMusic exclusive MP3s:

- Angst [demo]
- Dog In The Sand [live]
- 21 Reasons [live]
- All My Ghosts [live]
- If It Takes All Night [live]
- Steak 'n' Sabre [live]
- I'll Be Blue [live]
- Jumping_Beans [live]
- How You Went So Far [take 1]

If you're interested I can get these ready for you later today.
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  09:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Enjoy!

- Aerohead

-Marcus

Thanks!! I believe the only other songs I have that I didn't see in your directory are:

- SSMVGD Sister Isabelle

and the PledgeMusic exclusive MP3s:

- Angst [demo]
- Dog In The Sand [live]
- 21 Reasons [live]
- All My Ghosts [live]
- If It Takes All Night [live]
- Steak 'n' Sabre [live]
- I'll Be Blue [live]
- Jumping_Beans [live]
- How You Went So Far [take 1]

If you're interested I can get these ready for you later today.

I didn't realize Isabel was different, so I added that as well. I only recently got a copy. There is a pop or two in my copy.. not sure if it's in the original recording an error of the rip (not my rip). I've got the angst demo, but not the others.. would love to have those.

I really love this box set but I'm disappointed so many officially released things were missing.. especially since the true blue disc is fairly short.. plenty of space for some of these things.

-Marcus
Go to Top of Page

Aerohead
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  15:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didn't realize Isabel was different, so I added that as well. I only recently got a copy. There is a pop or two in my copy.. not sure if it's in the original recording an error of the rip (not my rip). I've got the angst demo, but not the others.. would love to have those.

I really love this box set but I'm disappointed so many officially released things were missing.. especially since the true blue disc is fairly short.. plenty of space for some of these things.

-Marcus

Here you go ...
https://mega.co.nz/#!t0F3UAYJ!XdI_4z1R5sOhEmSv-QwleZXdl_AH8x3PjEtzCG-cuu0
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  22:10:16  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Geez, I didn't realise I missed so many tracks on pledge's site, and thanks for all the extras.

Only thing I can think which might be of interest is a rough mix of Pistolero which has slightly extended intros/outros than some included on the anthology.
Also, Billy Radclife is a different take to that released.
I have shared this before here several times, but in case you didn't pick up then here it is:
https://mega.co.nz/#!okgSWJDD!Q0t7RhGmqSewz863l_oJZGqeC7x2YyU02b6iaPgvpsw

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2015 :  03:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by realmeanmotorscutor

Thanks, marcusb! I love that version of Gouge Away so much.

Le Cigar Volant skips a bit at the end. Is that just my download?

I checked my copy of Cigar.. and it didn't skip. Not sure if the upload somehow got messed up though.

-Marcus
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2015 :  05:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It skipped each time I DLed it, but I just tried it again from a different computer and it's fine. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Aerohead
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2015 :  11:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI, I received an email this afternoon stating that the print has shipped.
Go to Top of Page

Aerohead
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2015 :  16:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

Geez, I didn't realise I missed so many tracks on pledge's site, and thanks for all the extras.

Only thing I can think which might be of interest is a rough mix of Pistolero which has slightly extended intros/outros than some included on the anthology.
I have shared this before here several times, but in case you didn't pick up then here it is:

I actually hadn't heard this before. Thanks for the link!
Go to Top of Page

McDutchie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
267 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2015 :  10:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I hadn't noticed this before. Thank you, what a treat!
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  00:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow.. any idea where this came from? Also, it seems Frank's voice is more out front on these.. but I thought everything was mixed straight to the 2 track.

-Marcus
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  10:55:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok.. so I was listening to the set again and Le Cigar Volante came on.. and I found a mastering error I think. At approximately 1:41 in there is a weird phasing that makes Frank's voice seems to go left to right rapidly. If you listen to the same section on SSMVGD, it's not there. Can someone else confirm?

I've made an MP3 of the relevant section. The first version is the box set version, second is from SSMVGD.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=a88874adf76938fd!6540&authkey=!ADZwYrUFJtgKceY&ithint=file%2cmp3

-Marcus
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  14:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish they'd make HD versions of the box available for download--to those who bought the box..
Go to Top of Page

Aerohead
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2015 :  07:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ok.. so I was listening to the set again and Le Cigar Volante came on.. and I found a mastering error I think. At approximately 1:41 in there is a weird phasing that makes Frank's voice seems to go left to right rapidly. If you listen to the same section on SSMVGD, it's not there. Can someone else confirm?

I've made an MP3 of the relevant section. The first version is the box set version, second is from SSMVGD.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=a88874adf76938fd!6540&authkey=!ADZwYrUFJtgKceY&ithint=file%2cmp3

-Marcus

Marcus, I just confirmed this with my copy. Can anyone with a Google Play version check as well?
Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2015 :  11:02:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-Marcus

Marcus, I just confirmed this with my copy. Can anyone with a Google Play version check as well?

I pulled the track into audacity to identify the problem. On the left channel there is a drop out. I made an MP3 of the left channel only to demonstrate the issue. I contacted Cooking Vinyl about it..

-Marcus
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2015 :  17:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sister Isabelle - many attempts over the years, at least 4 x different versions that I know of. Where does this latest effort fit in the FBC timeline? Doesn't sound like a SSMVGD take, more recent I would guess, interesting to know which session it's from, it's a great version imo.

By the way, Ludwigshafen is spelled two different ways in the box-set, both wrong:
Ludwidshafen digitally (like it was on the CD-single) and Ludwigshaffen on the CD sleeve and also in the booklet. Great song though!! :)

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

mrbuff
- FB Fan -

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2015 :  12:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received my poster yesterday. I didn't realize it would be signed "Frank Black". It looks great.
Go to Top of Page

BunsenH
= Cult of Ray =

296 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2015 :  13:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrbuff

I received my poster yesterday. I didn't realize it would be signed "Frank Black". It looks great.

I went to see him speak about "The Good Inn" and when I went to have my copy signed, I also asked him to sign the orange LP. To my surprise, he signed the book as "Black Francis" and orange as "Frank Black".
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2015 :  03:39:32  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

Anyone know when the unreleased Changing of the Guards was recorded? I read it was redone Pistolero era but the piano and polished vocals make me think it could have been a later effort? Love this verion!

I second this. The piano version is lovely. Fantastic vocals.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2015 :  12:58:45  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who wants to play a boxset disc Survivor, or a Eurovision song contest.

Maybe play Survivor for each disc, then a grand final.

Edited by - hammerhands on 06/01/2015 13:04:49
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  02:55:28  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pan American Highway / Pray For The Girls / Preacher's Daughter - Fantastic segue.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

grandmacaesar
- FB Fan -

29 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2015 :  16:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys. I'm a long time fan, I saw the Pixies in '89 and '92 in Seattle, then saw FB and the Cs in Olympia in '03 (WHAT A SHOW, THERE WAS NO STAGE, DAVID LOVERING OPENED, AND MY WIFE AND I SAT WITH HIM AND HAD A BEER BETWEEN SHOWS...THE BAND SET UP ON THE FLOOR WITH THE AUDIENCE, SO CLOSE AND IN-YOUR-FACE THAT I LITERALLY COULD'VE REACHED OUT AND TURNED THE VOLUME KNOB ON RICH'S GUITAR) then saw the Pixies again in Eugene in '04. Frank Black is the wings beneath my fur.

I purchased the box set and spent an additional $49 for the print from PledgeMusic. However the print is not at all what I expected.

This is what I was promised (from the PledgeMusic site http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/frankblackboxset ): "Frank Black & The Catholics – 7CD Complete Recordings Box Set + Limited edition signed “Charlotte" print. The box set contains 7 disks of music from Frank Black and the Catholics, with the tracks arranged in alphabetical order. The print is a limited edition from the original Charles Thompson painting used on the artwork of this Box Set. There will only be 200 of this item, each will be 12inches by 16 inches or 30.5 cm by 40.6 cm, numbered and signed by the artist."

The box set is awesome. I can't spin it enough. I go to bed with Catholics songs in my head, and wake up with Catholics songs in my head. What an amazing band!

But the print...

So I was expecting a limited edition signed and numbered print. Here are pics of what I was expecting vs what I received. http://imgur.com/a/RSdeu

It appears to be a photocopy of a signed picture of the print, like someone took a picture of the print, had Frank sign the picture, then ran it through a photocopier. It is not individually signed, nor is it numbered. The colors are not vibrant at all. I'm certain Frank didn't approve this.

I've emailed PledgeMusic asking for information, but it's been five days and they have not responded.

Did anyone else here get the print? Did you actually receive a signed, numbered, limited edition print? I feel like I paid $49 bucks to get reamed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000