Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  22:14:13  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Damn... He didn't answer my question about Roxy Music.

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

joe FITZ of molly BANG
= Cult of Ray =

USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  05:31:53  Show Profile  Visit joe FITZ of molly BANG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when i lived in colorado i heard 2 tracks back to back from there on the radio (i never listen to the radio) and it was the first time i had ever heard a frank black or pixies song on the radio. I almost shat myself!

Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  21:59:19  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blckfrncs

thanks for the interesting thread

DITS was the 3rd live to two track record we did. I think it came out so clean cuz we were really starting to get how to do the live to 2 track thing, and it was the 3rd time (and last album) we did at Sound City Studios (great studio). After that me and Matt Yelton and then Ben Mumphrey built our own recording rig which was meant to be both old school analog and mobile; it was, but it also was a new challenge to find the right space to record in; I think that you can hear us working that out for the next 2 records and then we got "clean" again with SMYT, as we moved into an unoccupied studio space which was perfect for our rig. It is not as clean as DITS, but if you could see the difference in gear you would understand. I think I like all the live to 2 track records for different reasons on each. But DITS was for sure a real accomplishment for myself and the Catholics and we really put a lot of effort into it.

bf

Brilliant album, thanks for the comments on it :)

----------
I joined the Cult of the Catholics, Oh when will they return ?
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  17:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joe FITZ of molly BANG

when i lived in colorado i heard 2 tracks back to back from there on the radio (i never listen to the radio) and it was the first time i had ever heard a frank black or pixies song on the radio. I almost shat myself!

Where'd you live? And what station?

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000