Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  22:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From blackfrancis.net

ERIC DREW FELDMAN is a rock and roll producer, baby! But when is THE GOLEM coming to us? We have heard the documentation will be together in a great grimoise with over 50 pages, 4 silver discs of musical dreams from the studio and the film festival performance, and a shiny disc of the UFA film with the new BLACK FRANCIS musical dreams. It shall be numbered only to that limit called 500, but will have the signature of BLACK FRANCIS upon it!

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  00:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, from the "Join Mailing List" page:

"THE FLOWER SONG
produced by ERIC DREW FELDMAN
from the upcoming boxed set release of BLACK FRANCIS / THE GOLEM, a silent movie soundtrack
for the 1920 German expressionist film DER GOLEM: WIE ER IN WELT KAM by Paul Wegener.
The set will include a DVD of the film with the BLACK FRANCIS score, 2 CD's of the score,
and 2 CD's of a live recording of the performance at the 2007 San Francisco Film Festival
at The Castro Theatre. The boxed set will be a limited numbered edition and available only through
blackfrancis.net."

"Les Blackolero, y sont forts en sacramant" - Czar | 06/26/2007 | 20:10:34

free music | Blackolero | Frank Black & Pixies Tributes
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  10:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm really excited about this - it's been over two years since the last black francis LP considering bluefinger was leaked in the winter, and Svn Fngrs as great as it is, is really more of an EP.
I think i'm going to go for the boxset as long as its not too expensive - i wonder what the price will be. I hope its less that 80 dollars, or else i'll probably have to stick to the standard release. Any word on what the standard release will entail?
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  12:50:59  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
someone say boxset?

I've just downloaded The Flower Song after playing Bad News over at YouTube. Black Francis does Frank Black. There's something comforting about the sound. Reminds me of Fastman Raiderman/the Catholics.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  13:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talking of Boxsets; Red Letter Days will set things straight.

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  13:19:28  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Remind me of that one again, would you, tro? Google's keeping quiet.
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  13:20:47  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rld = bld versions, right?

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  14:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah acoustic demos I think. It's been so long I can't remember what other tasty snacks.

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  00:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Der Golem boxset is gonna be so damn great. It's gotta be close now surely. A studio album, a live performance of the album, a movie to hear the songs against. EDF, Ralph Carney. Forget Whineataur. This is the ONLY boxset.

Musical dreams.

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  11:25:35  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about a little wager on the price, tro? Closest to the actual figure (without being over) wins two of the losers' bees.
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  13:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Price, hmmm... Good question? Hopefully less than US$450

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

blckfrncs
- FB Fan -

Luxembourg
158 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  18:24:58  Show Profile  Visit blckfrncs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is NOT a promise...we are shooting for a price less than 50.00...but I DO NOT KNOW YET. The art work looks great. It will be 500 copies limited edition. All signed and numbered. Lyrics. Sheet music collage. Photos. Original writing notes. Sorry it's taking so long. It's just been that kind of thing. But the only thing left to do is finishing touches on the DVD. Thanks for your patience. An edited "album: version will be available sometime after the limited release.
bf
Go to Top of Page

Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo
* Dog in the Sand *

1056 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  20:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blckfrncs

This is NOT a promise...we are shooting for a price less than 50.00...but I DO NOT KNOW YET. The art work looks great. It will be 500 copies limited edition. All signed and numbered. Lyrics. Sheet music collage. Photos. Original writing notes. Sorry it's taking so long. It's just been that kind of thing. But the only thing left to do is finishing touches on the DVD. Thanks for your patience. An edited "album: version will be available sometime after the limited release.
bf

Thanks for the news! We (at leat I) are patient. Just keep on doing what you did the last 16 years: For us the same feeliing that something new comes out of you every year. It s truly precious. THNKS for being so present through our lives! You are our best musical Friend and a major source of inspiration.

Sincerely yours

++++
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  23:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I'll 2nd that.

Thanks for the info Frank! Around the $50+ mark is very reasonable in my view.
It is one year today since Der Golem premiered at SFIFF if my maths is correct.
While trying to be patient... Are we still looking at a May release?

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  00:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

How about a little wager on the price, tro? Closest to the actual figure (without being over) wins two of the losers' bees.

Brother, can you spare a bee? I'd probably have lost that wager. But great news from Mr Francis. I'm having one, you're having one. That's still 498 left over for others. $50 is affordable. Life is good.

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  04:06:26  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I will pay that kind of money

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  06:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blckfrncs

bf

Cheap at twice as they say... though don't go getting any ideas.

Was the SFIFF performance filmed? Has DVD Extras written all over it, like we're not already getting enuogh.

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  07:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice! I'll be getting this for sure. Thanks frank!
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  08:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am anxiously looking forward to this release!! Have a feeling this will be the best black francis project in recent years!! Bad News is awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  08:59:36  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only 500?? Here's hoping a lowly web developer can get his hands on one.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  10:33:32  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When can we preorder? Now? NOW??

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  10:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assumed there would 500 limited edition box sets (and that they would cost more than $50) and then regular box sets for us regular folks.
Go to Top of Page

soundofataris
= Cult of Ray =

USA
715 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  12:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The content of this boxset is really impressive, and worth maybe more than $50. Any ill will I was feeling over Minotaur has been completely put down by the good will I feel over this release. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this.

---------------------------------------
i try to be mallory but i'm still skippy
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  06:50:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may live to regret this but, I want my Golem!

"I am here in the he Pixies are fckn Sellouts forum 1am apr 23"
blckfrncs
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  09:07:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I´ll buy this, so one copy will fly to Chile :D, anyways I think I´ll buy minotaur too..... oh my wallet!! o my wallet!!...
Go to Top of Page

Nate in the PDX
- FB Fan -

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  07:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good golly, I'm so ready for this... we think der box set might be available this month, yes?
Go to Top of Page

Idalgo Clandestino
- FB Fan -

Yugoslavia
104 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  09:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
o ja wir befinden uns in sehnsüchtiger erwartung auf ein weiteres meisterwerk vom schwarzen franz!

just my engines and a little sauce
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  17:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"would you just release me already"
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  01:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When is this coming out?

Awwwwwwwwwww Lil' Buddage!
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  21:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danjersey

"would you just release me already"

No more waiting already. Let's bust him out. I'll be the brains if you bring the brawn.

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  21:55:27  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i hope i can order this from greece!!!

money is going to be tight this summer, especially after the david byrne splurge. yeah!

------------------------------------------------
eyes burning
Go to Top of Page

Nate in the PDX
- FB Fan -

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  07:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every few days I check blackfrancis.net to see if there is any new news about "Der Golem"... and not only has there been no news, today the site isn't up at all. Sigh.

Onward we wait. I know it's been one of these things that take time, and I acknowledge the request for patience, but doggone it, in spite of myself I do tend to get impatient. My curiosity was piqued about this record so long ago, and it's never flagged, it's only grown. Here's hoping when bf.net comes back up it has word of "Der Golem" for us.
Go to Top of Page

moksha23x
- FB Fan -

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  13:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nate in the PDX

Every few days I check blackfrancis.net to see if there is any new news about "Der Golem"... and not only has there been no news, today the site isn't up at all. Sigh.

Onward we wait. I know it's been one of these things that take time, and I acknowledge the request for patience, but doggone it, in spite of myself I do tend to get impatient. My curiosity was piqued about this record so long ago, and it's never flagged, it's only grown. Here's hoping when bf.net comes back up it has word of "Der Golem" for us.

Nate.......I do the same thing, check blackfrancis.net almost every day.....I can't wait for this to be released......I was there at the performance in SF, I know how good it is.......Come on already, the suspense is KILLING me......

Edited by - moksha23x on 05/29/2009 14:00:24
Go to Top of Page

the acorahs
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  02:34:35  Show Profile  Visit the acorahs's Homepage  Click to see the acorahs's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moksha23x

quote:
Originally posted by Nate in the PDX

Nate.......I do the same thing, check blackfrancis.net almost every day.....I can't wait for this to be released......I was there at the performance in SF, I know how good it is.......Come on already, the suspense is KILLING me......

Yeah ditto, the fact that is so few copies makes me worried that I am going to miss out. Eeek

----------------------------------------
it is a wretched life and vanity is repulsive

www.myspace.com/thesexymistakes
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  04:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whatever happened with this?

I have the key to #902
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  04:40:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing nothing til they get back from touring.

Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000