A plea to Pixies!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

uriah hit the crapper
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would really like to hear at least something from one of the members of the band giving a definite answer so they can put us all out of our misery if they wanna do it, then do it! but if Kim is still apprehensive about screwing up the legacy (which I can understand) then please tell us. Just give us something for christ sake. Something other than that bloody useless NME article with what I think was the definition of a misleading title "Exclusive-Pixies new album". I know no one is really gonna take any notice of this. But give us something please! Anyone who does wanna add to this, can you please say why you wanna hear a new album and what it would mean to you if they realeased one.

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  12:42:27  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's pretty safe to say, as for now, that the Pixies will not make a new record (or release anything they have made).
F

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

treetime
- FB Fan -

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  12:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with what others are saying about the Pixieesque sound of Bluefinger. It has actually quenched my craving for more Pixies music for now. But I would always be into another Pixies album.
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  15:46:21  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From Le Soir magazine interview:

(About comments from the critics)

Q: Who were they from?
A: The Pixies, but also journalists and the audience. "He's slacking in Nashville. He's lost. He doesn't know how to scream anymore." You want screaming? I'll give you screaming. It's just me and my guitar. (Imitates the tone of Jake La Motta's "Did you fuck my wife?" in Raging Bull:) You want the Pixies? I can give it to you. But the Pixies have lost their grip. All they want is to sing "Gigantic" and "Monkey Gone to Heaven". Make money and sleep in four-star hotels. They're scared. (In a scared little girl's voice:) "We might taint and ruin the band's legacy." I don't give a damn about the legacy. I just want to try and make a good record. But they're scared. Fuck them. "Frank, when will the Pixies release a new record? Frank, Kurt Cobain claims that 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' was inspired by the Pixies. How do you feel about that?" None of this makes any sense. All people want to hear me talk about is two bands that are no more. One whose singer is dead, and one that hasn't done anything new since 1991.

----------

"Fuck them" kind of sums up the chances of a Pixies album, no?

== jeffamerica ==
Go to Top of Page

freezerburn
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  20:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow. i guess we have our answer. i don't think the rest of the band will be too thrilled to read that.
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  02:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel I should mention again the fact that the above passage is by no means a literal C.T. quote: it's my own English rendition of an interview that was translated into French before being published in Le Soir. I wanted to get the original but the newspaper didn't anwser my query. Anyway, everything Charles said that day was obviously said in English, then translated into French by the interviewer, then retranslated into English (by me). In other words, only Charles and the journalist can say for certain whether he said "fuck them" or "they can fuck right off" or "screw them" or "I do not wish to bother with the desiderata of these annoying individuals anymore." The French version in "Le Soir" was "qu'ils aillent se faire foutre", and "fuck them", or "screw them", or any variation thereof is the closest I can get.

End of disclaimer. As you were.

Awesome! I fuckin' shot this!
"Les Blackolero, y sont forts en sacramant" - Czar | 06/26/2007 | 20:10:34

free music | Blackolero | Frank Black & Pixies Tributes
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  17:22:04  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, OK, but:

"All they want is to sing "Gigantic" and "Monkey Gone to Heaven". Make money and sleep in four-star hotels. They're scared. (In a scared little girl's voice:) "We might taint and ruin the band's legacy."

-it's either a taunt or it sounds like he's given up on them and moved on. They made plenty of money, are happy with that, and aren't motivated to record a new album. That's what it sounds like to me.

== jeffamerica ==
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000