CSS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  17:33:52  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any of you guys like this band? I fucking love them... their album 'Cansei De Ser Sexy' was one of the best albums released last year... really good.

Plus Lovefoxxx is sexy... I don't usually get into fancying celebs, but she has something going!!

Because your candle burned too bright, that I almost forgot it was twilight

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  17:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn I thought you were talking about the web design thing

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  18:03:31  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I am a web designer too and I love that CSS... but the Brazilian band fronted by the gorgeous Lovefoxxx is the one I get a real stiffy over!

Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  20:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart

Well, I am a web designer too and I love that CSS... but the Brazilian band fronted by the gorgeous Lovefoxxx is the one I get a real stiffy over!

Hey Im getting into SEO search engine optimization and i want to ask you if you know any good sites to help me study this with? (Im taking a course but the more rescources the better), thanks

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  20:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not a web designer by trade (although I would like to be) but my boss at my current job recently asked me to help "optimize" our website, mainly because our main competition's website popped up on the first page of Google results when you typed in relevant terms. I don't know a lot about webpage optimization, but his suggestion was to go in and change the HTML and make "invisible" (by making the font color white) text that read off a long string of advertising terms on each page. I thought this was a horrible idea, and did some research on it online, and found out I was right. Web spiders are programmed to search for spam such as this and it actually can reduce your ranking. Not to mention the fact that, when you mouse over the area where the "invisible" text is, your cursor still turns into a text bracket. (I don't think there is a way to remedy that besides with JavaScript or something.) He didn't like when I told him how asinine his idea was (of course not in so many words) but fortunately he ended up trusting my judgement and I've been trying to improve our search engine ranking by valid means.

Signature censored by forum moderators.
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  03:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought, this has to be about either cascading style sheets, or counterstrike: source. either of which i could have commented on. but no, you had to pick a third CSS that i know nothing of.

"Idiot" is just her sig.
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  03:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or Content Scramble System.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7440 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  04:00:21  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard much from CSS (a song or two plus the ones on theirspace) but it didn't grab me. It seems Bonde Do Role are better.

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  04:21:06  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really don't like that band, I don't understand what's all the fuss about them... but well you know, just another hype I guess

it's all like this shit: Justice etc...

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

the acorahs
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  04:56:07  Show Profile  Visit the acorahs's Homepage  Click to see the acorahs's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I do like them, saw them a few times, first was playing the roadhouse in Manchester, and that was a pretty boss gig, and caught them in Liverpool at another tiny venue which was very cool. They are lovely people too, they gave my band a shout out when they played Manchester uni, because the first time I saw them me and some chums helped them move their equipment back to the van, and ever since then pretty much every time I have saw them we have a drink and a dance after each gig.

It is a bit of a shame they have been lumped in with that "nu-rave" lot, just means a lot of 14 and 15 year old girls wearing glo-sticks turn up to gigs now.

----------------------------------------
it is a wretched life and vanity is repulsive

www.myspace.com/thesexymistakes
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  09:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Plus Lovefoxxx is sexy... I don't usually get into fancying celebs, but she has something going!!

Agreed.

CSS on 'Friday Night with Jonathan Ross'.
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  11:25:18  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would rather that this was a technical discussion.

I've always found Wrox books useful, once the usually simple ideas are digested they live as reference books. There is one on SEO. And if you search their site you will probably find coding examples online.

I don't know much about that topic, does cross-linking and blog referencing still up your Google score?
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  15:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No!! Technical discussion ends here!!

Go to Top of Page

the acorahs
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  20:27:22  Show Profile  Visit the acorahs's Homepage  Click to see the acorahs's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

No!! Technical discussion ends here!!

You can see a bit of my head on that pic, just below her elbow, and my mate's face is slightly obscured by the camera that some woman is holding.

----------------------------------------
it is a wretched life and vanity is repulsive

www.myspace.com/thesexymistakes
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  16:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really?! Strange!

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  03:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I quite like them, although I thought their album was patchy. Two very foxy ladies in them though. Well one is foxy, the other is foxxy.

Denis, I agree with regards Bonde Do Role.

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place
Go to Top of Page

mr.biscuitdoughhead
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  17:26:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
don't css have a song about paris hilton or something? that was the first song of theirs i heard, which kinda made me not like them.

ummm... salad?
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  03:40:38  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

quote:

Hey Im getting into SEO search engine optimization and i want to ask you if you know any good sites to help me study this with? (Im taking a course but the more rescources the better), thanks

The Truth Is Out There

Sorry, had a few mates over here these past few days so been on the piss a lot and not been checking the internet much. Good sites I don't know of but I will try and find out for you. There are a number of things that you can do to improve your search engine:

1) Know your customer well and the language that they use related to the product
2) Add keywords into the meta tags without comments, keywords that customers will use... even add common misspelt words, this can help. http://www.wordtracker.com provides a service that can help you find the right keywords.
3) Each page should contain a unique title tag. People will not search for 'Welcome to Electronic Arts.' But they might type something like 'Quality, cheap gaming outlets.'
4) Accurately describe images using 'alt' attribute.
5) Use a properly structures hmtl document... i.e. h1 tags for the main headings, h2 for sub headings etc etc.

There are loads of different ways of improving search engine rankings and what works for one search engine might not work for another so you need to target which search engine is important to you.

I'll have a look into this a little more and try and get you some more info as its something I need to learn more about too.

Anyway back to the real CSS... I'd love to give Lovefoxx a ....

Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  03:43:11  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

I quite like them, although I thought their album was patchy. Two very foxy ladies in them though. Well one is foxy, the other is foxxy.

Denis, I agree with regards Bonde Do Role.

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place

I love their album... there are one or two songs which I am not too bothered about but on the whole I well like them. I do find Lovefoxxx's voice to be quite sexy and she sings about dirty stuff so thats another plus point I guess.

Would have loved to catch them live when I was back in UK a few weeks ago.. but will have to wait til another time.

Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  09:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanx stuart

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly