Pixies @ Sidney Meyer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thatmanisaliar
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  17:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quality. Stood a bit further back for this one as I did my back in shaggin on Sunday and was at the front last week at the palace anyway. Great view and a very special venue. Jarvis got the crowd going with his bat impressions. Then the Pixies came on. I think we were all expecting the same set, but when they went straight into Bone Machine you could feel there was something in the air.

I love the pairing of u-mass and Head On live, every song was tight as fuck, especially Nimrods Son. The slowed down Where Is My Mind was brilliant, and I couldnt believe we got Caribou AND I Bleed. Ace, ace, ace. Every shout and every scream was perfect.

Still nothing off Bossanova, I thought maybe Is She Wierd or Hang Wire would have been perfect near the end, but I have no complaints really.

I saw the Pixies twice in a week. They fuckin rock.

Goodnight Kim, Goodnight Charles, Goodnight Joey, Goodnight Dave.

Goodnight Everybody.

valkyr
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  20:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was an awesome show. I got right up the front- it was absolutely brilliant!

Has anyone got any photos?
Go to Top of Page

Debaserbaby
- FB Fan -

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  22:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw them from the front bar at the secret gig at Northcote then was moshing towards the front at The Palace last week.

Am so glad I saw them at The Palace. Last night at The Bowl was good but to be honest I was disappointed with the crowd. I was standing in front of the first row and couldnt believe how "Tame" the crowd was.

Was great seeing them again last night but will always remember The Palace, the sweat, and the crowd screaming every word.
Go to Top of Page

thatmanisaliar
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  22:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the Palace was just beyond ace. You wont find them at a club that small anywhere in Europe. Thats why I wasnt fussed about being at the front last night. I saw them at Leeds in 05, so I kind of gussed the Tame atmosphere.
They were so tight last night, the sound up near the back was great. I dont care what people were doing around me, but I was screaming my nuts off.
If I never get the chance to see them again I dont care. The Palace gig is top 5. Up there with David Gilmour in London in 01 when I was trippin, and Radiohead at Glastonbury 1995
IIIIIITS EEEDDDD UUUUUUUU CAAAAY TTIONN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

danwalding
- FB Fan -

Australia
33 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  01:03:03  Show Profile  Visit danwalding's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was about 20 rows back, in the middle. I thought the atmosphere was great and after seeing them 3 other times on this tour i appreciated the terracing at the music bowl, and I was all moshed out. I didn't notice the sound being bad, but my ears are screwed anyway.

It was funny watching the beach ball get precariously close to the stage and Charles watching it out of the corner of his eye. The Pixies have never had a lot of banter on stage (how many times is it just Kim saying thanks over the years), so it was funny to see them chat amongst themselves trying to work out where to start again.

I thought it was a powerful performance, very tight. The 'i've got a sore throat' thing at the end wore a bit thin after 4 gigs, because it was scripted, but hey, it was cool. It was all cool.

Most of us Aussies can die happy now.

Grew up to be a Debaser
Go to Top of Page

Spartacus
- FB Fan -

Australia
84 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  17:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was a bit worried about the venue, but it was awesome. Ended up three rows back in the middle.

Classic moment during la la love you when Joey and Frank share the microphone...they ran into each other as they said their 'I love you's' and Joey says "Not that much".

Thought the gig was pretty flawless actually...agree with thatmanisaliar, when they kicked off with Bone Machine you just knew you were in for a good one. Franks screaming was scary. Highlights for me were No. 13 Baby, Isla, and Gouge.

Still cant believe I got to see the Pixies live.

Now for Frank solo!!!
Go to Top of Page

Black Noise Maker
- FB Fan -

Australia
12 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  17:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was also great to hear Broken Face live! The bowl gig was good, but the palace was excellent. Anybody got a setlist from the MM Bowl?????

What are you talkin' 'bout today?...
and what was that you say?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000