Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

2Strings
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  08:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The forum is running very slowly for me and sometimes the pages will just freeze for a few seconds. I am noticing (in IE7) that in the bottom left of the screen it keeps loading stuff from http://www.flowaway.com/blog/default.asp, is this normal?

I tried to google flowaway.com and all it does is come up with a bunch of chinese pages that mean nothing to me.

I did a full virus/spyware scan to make sure it is not something on my pc and it came back all clear so i really am not sure what it up. Is there a chance that someone has messed with the forum for some reason?

Sorry if this is a false alarm but i figure it's better to post and be wrong than not post at all.

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  10:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I'm on this site it keeps asking me to install a Japanese language pack or something. This has just started happening to me today.

Oh yeah, I've just noticed the loading from flowaway thing in the bottom corner too. Plus some other sites.

"The arc of triumph"

Edited by - pixiestu on 03/17/2007 10:57:03
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  12:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm getting those sites trying to load....floway, zona, and another one came up in the corner too, I think!
Go to Top of Page

2Strings
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  12:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a heads up, i have switched to Opera now and it appears that whatever is going on does not seem to be effecting it. Might be worth switching over until it's resolved. I have absolutely no idea what those sites are doing, but they must be doing something :(
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  13:24:11  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, same for me here, it's connecting to some .cn site. That's very strange...

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  15:24:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is one of the images it's linking to

Scratching the surface without a purpose won't accomplish anything new

Upload your Frank photos here - fb.net gallery

Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  15:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hax

FAST_MAN  RAIDER_MAN - June 19th
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  23:39:29  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a frame with 0 width and 0 height with the source http://flowaway.com/mfwow/js.htm
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  23:44:33  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In IE7 you can press <esc> (or the stop button) to stop downloading a page.
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  04:15:22  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought it was just me having this problem, this sucks! At least IE7 appears to be blocking the cookies... Hopefully one of the guys can get rid of the malicious code shortly! I had to tell IE to stop asking me for Chinese character set in the end, was driving me mad!

http://www.myspace.com/monkeyhelperband http://www.myspace.com/imnimrodsson (my personal myspace page)
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  05:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whew, I thought it was only my machine. I do hope it gets resolved soon, but I think maybe now's a good time to say again how much I appreciate the efforts of the people who run this forum. Almost as much as I need my daily Frank Black fix, I need my daily frankblack.net forum fix. I've never donated a single penny to the upkeep of the site, and I don't have the skills to help with any of it, but I do want to tell you guys it's not lost on me -- or any of us -- that we couldn't have this place without your efforts. So thanks.

-Cohen

Grand Marnier and a pocketful of speed. We did it all day until we started to bleed.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  15:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
every time i view something my download window opens and something starts downloading. i don't want to know what it is... what's up with this?

jamming good with Weird and Gilly
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  15:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm noticing strange loading notices on opera and firefox.

/ @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  15:36:52  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The website is owned by Xin Net
http://www.paycenter.com.cn
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  15:37:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Wrenn's fault. He pissed off somebody in one of those other forums when he was spying -- probably the spammers.

Grand Marnier and a pocketful of speed. We did it all day until we started to bleed.
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  15:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

It's Wrenn's fault. He pissed off somebody in one of those other forums when he was spying -- probably the spammers.

I don't know how they could trace it back to here.
But, man, if that's true, lock my account, cos FUCK ME!

/ @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  16:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not happening to me anymore, how about everyone else?

/ @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  16:52:11  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The hidden frame is gone, I'd love to hear what this was about.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  17:48:16  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads-up and sleuthing, guys!

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  09:45:53  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Thanks for the heads-up and sleuthing, guys!

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."

I'm still getting some 'error on page' messages, I can't select much text by dragging across for some reason. Don't know if anyone else is having the same problem? The error is 'object expected' on line 273, if that's any help. ;)

http://www.myspace.com/monkeyhelperband http://www.myspace.com/imnimrodsson (my personal myspace page)
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  13:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All my browsers are working fine now. That's IE on a PC, and Safari and Firefox on a Mac.

Thanks, Dean.

Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  09:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think it was the ghost of hi_ksa haunting fb.net

jamming good with Weird and Gilly
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  09:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, javascripts not working and you can't select more than one character at a time.
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  14:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I've just been through about 24 hours of not being able to get on the forum. It was those same sites loading again and it was the same on opera. I was starting to have forum withdrawal symptoms.

Has it been the same for everyone else?

"The arc of triumph"

Edited by - pixiestu on 03/24/2007 14:57:23
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  15:18:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the exact same problem as stu

/ @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  15:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, on both counts -- the forum wasn't working and I was going through serious withdrawal. I actually had to read a book this afternoon. Heh.

Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  16:57:02  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has someone angered the Chinese?
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  17:37:22  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had so much to talk about. Then what happens? The site goes down. Now I've lost my train of thought.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

2Strings
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  18:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah i had the same thing again also.

I might be completely off track here, but i was thinking that maybe these guys that are doing it are not actually attacking this forum, but using it to attack those Chinese sites by redirecting everyone there and downloading so many images. Not sure if this is a recognised practice for hackers to use but it would seem like a good way to eat up someones bandwidth (ie those chinese sites) by redirecting people from other sites to their pictures.

Maybe i'm reading too much into it.
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  19:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
s_wrenn, time to spy on the hackers forum. Please get to the bottom of this.

Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  05:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried logging in but I forgot my password for the forum and now when I request it by email I get no reply. I think that since I didn’t post anything there I was automatically deleted.
I really don’t see a connection to bulkerforum.biz though, since I used a different email address to the one I use here (ie. my proper email address) Plus, it was email related spam that they dealt in.
If they were going all out in a hostile manor, I’m pretty sure that my inbox would have been the first place they’d strike.

Honestly, though. In the last month or two, there seems to be more spammers than usual posting on the forum.

/ @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  12:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was suggesting a different forum altogether -- the hackers, as opposed to the spammers. A whole new mission. This one would seem to be more daring. If anyone can do it ...

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  02:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baileyswalk gets spammed to bits.
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  10:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Baileyswalk gets spammed to bits.

How often does it happen? Is it DAILY ?

/ @ * ~ ¦ ¬ . , |
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  13:26:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  23:59:30  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
heh - some interesting theories here. =)

There was a trojan or some such 'bug' on the server, it went through all the HTML files and appended them with an <iframe> that hooked up to flowaway...very annoying.

Hopefully we've killed whatever did this....sorry for the disturbance!

Curious to hear more about that selection problem above, sounds more browser-specific...?

"Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time / Has Been
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000