USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  20:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I win, Carl.

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2007/03/0911.cfm

Black Francis Is Back With Bluefinger
Friday March 09, 2007 @ 05:30 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

After releasing the special Christmass CD/DVD package of acoustic recordings and new studio tracks late last year, Frank Black apparently has yet another album, although he revealed the details about it in a very sly manner.

According to FrankBlack.net, an authoritative fan website dedicated to the Pixies frontman, Black posted a series of odd ramblings earlier this year which made occasional references to a Bluefinger. The rather cryptic posts were also notable because Black apparently wrote the messages using an online translation tool that took the original English message that he composed, translated it into Dutch, and then translated it back into English again. Things became clearer following a post by "frnck blck" that revealed the track list and players on the album. One of them is "Violet," who's most likely Black's wife, Violet Clark.

The end result is that it looks like Black will release Bluefinger on a still unspecified date in the near future under the Black Francis moniker.

Black also released Fastman.Raiderman last year and toured North America in support of it. Dig For Fire: A Tribute To Pixies featuring Mogwai, They Might Be Giants, Dinosaur Jr., OK Go and others is in the works. Black's Pixies bandmate, Kim Deal, will also have an album in her honour: Gigantic — A Tribute To Kim Deal.

Here are the tracks on Bluefinger:

"Captain Pasty"
"Threshold Apprehension"
"Test Pilot Blues"
"Lolita"
"Tight Black Rubber"
"Angels Come To Comfort You"
"Your Mouth Into Mine"
"Discotheque 36"
"You Can't Break A Heart And Have It"
"She Took All The Money"
"Bluefinger"

—Jason MacNeil

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  21:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool. Good reporting... I am impressed they could figure that much out. It seems even more offical that Bluefinger is on it's way... now if they just could mention Grand Duchy, too...

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 03/09/2007 21:23:31
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  21:56:08  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love how in journalistic practices once you state a person's full name, you just use their last name for the rest of the article. But since Frank Black is now once again Black Francis the article sounds like it's calling him by his first name, which is kind of weird.

But I'm easily amused.

========
jeffamerica
========
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  07:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coastline