Nov. 13 Seattle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  02:24:50  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
S H O W B O XXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was nice. That Kentucky Prophet guy is nuts. He kept spitting on me. I was the tall fellah with the blue grey goose hat on in the front getting spat on if anyone were there.

They had setlists on the floor, but pretty much ignored the order. Typical list, plus Calistan, no a capella anything (666 was full band and aborted half-way). Everything was outta order. Weird version of Cactus, Eric couldn't keep up. The Swimmer was a nice addition. Sing For Joy encore. Great crowd.

Finally got a pick. Only took 15 years. Was anyone else there? I am suspicious, could not find another 11/13 thread....

sminki pinki

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  02:31:44  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oop - opened with The Water

sminki pinki
Go to Top of Page

Larry Diamond
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  07:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I had a bit of trouble finding info on this show- ticketbastard didn't have it listed, and when I googled the show, that site came up. rrrrgh I thought frank had chosen to skip seattle. the show was great, I can't believe the showbox wasn't completely packed.

i was overjoyed that frank has lost so much weight- he looked great last night! that sucked they barely got into 666...the FM/RM songs sounded much better live, imo...were those the session guys that he has been recording with? they were tight musically- the drummer was damn good imo...but i still kinda miss the catholicss.

i'm trying to figure out how to get to portland to see the show tonight, and then back for work tomorrow.

Edited by - Larry Diamond on 11/14/2006 07:51:41
Go to Top of Page

pablomor
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  10:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there, right in front of the guitarist, and was thrilled by what I saw. I was not expecting much. An FB fan from the first album on, my heart is with the Catholics. Relatively speaking, I thought SMYT was weak, and I have been underwhelmed by the Nashville stuff. I went to the show to support Frank, and because I didn't want to ever say I missed a show. THAT SAID - if you are on the fence - GO!! The band is tight, loud, and ROCKIN'! The straight to the vein power of Frank in full effect! I never remembered that I missed Rich Gilbert!

Thrilled that they deviated from the set-list, but would have loved Suffering. If anyone gets a hold of the list, I'd love to see it posted. Both the KEXP radio performance and the in-store are up on Dime (eztorrent), so hopefully whoever taped those got this too and it'll be floating around...

Grey Goose guy - I remember seeing you - I dug your hat.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Diamond
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  19:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so no advice for those of us who are not cool enough to be on dimeadozen? except try back every ten to fifteen days?

no uploads? please?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  20:23:31  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
10-15 minutes. Sorry, that's really all I've got.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

pablomor
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  18:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uhhhh...I don't know how cool you have to be to get on dimeadozen. What happens in 15 days? So confused. I'm not so cool - I just registered. Here's the link - seach in the forums for "Frank Black" and they are right there on top.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/

KEXP (www.kexp.org) is really good about archiving their in-studio performances, I am sure you can hear the the Frank thing there.
Go to Top of Page

rodney
- FB Fan -

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  19:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing happens in 15 days. If you try to get an account every 10 minutes or so, you'll get on. I got mine the first time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000