3111 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  10:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somebody should snag this and put it up on YouSendIt or whatever:

http://upcoming.org/event/121994/

Frank Black, yes, THAT Frank Black Live on Mac & Slater

When: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Where: FearlessRadio.com
Category: Music
Description: "Holy shit, Mac & Slater will have Frank F**ing Black live on their show Tuesday, October 31st! Holy shit, maybe we should tune in no matter what at 2 pm Central and enjoy the hell out of this show!" Yes. Do it.
Homepage: http://www.fearlessradio.com

When do I get my first bee, damnit?

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  02:43:36  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks for this, coastline. i tried to look out for the show last night but i missed it, but..

you can download an mp3 here: http://www.fearlessradio.com/fearless/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=93

they played 'Fastman' and 'If Your Poison..' from the record.

Edited by - fbc on 11/01/2006 02:43:56
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  12:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This radio show is just about the worst thing I've ever heard. I'm listening to it right now, and even though Frank Black is on it, I don't think I can make it all the way through. The hosts are abominable. One of them said he's a member of this forum, so I feel kinda bad criticizing like this, but this kind of crap is the reason I don't do talk radio. They scream constantly, they use profanities just to hear themselves use profanities, they're unbelievably insenstive (and not in a sharp-witted Howard Stern kind of way), and they have no idea what they're talking about.

Oh, and Frank called in by phone, so there's not even a redeeming acoustic in-studio performance. What a disappointment after some of the amazing interviews we've gotten lately (KUT in Austin; woxy.com; Minnesota Public Radio).

Did anyone else manage to choke down this whole interview? Is there any reason for me to keep going?

I could not find my honeycomb.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  12:29:18  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thank you again, coastline. I'm taking another listen now and I think I've just fallen for 'Fast Man'.

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  13:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I listened to this a few days ago. Some parts made me uncomfortable but I enjoyed listening to FB. He is soooo funny!
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  13:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Fast Man" is great. I prefer it to FMRM's other title track. I have some emotional connections to "Fast Man," though. My wife is from Cheyenne, and I've driven there a million times, and now when I drive there, I think of that song. I also like that FB wrote it in Omaha -- which is where I saw him earlier this year. He said somewhere that he wrote it in 15 minutes. Not sure whether that's true, though I wouldn't be surprised. It's a pretty simple song.

I could not find my honeycomb.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  11:10:07  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, that doesn't surprise me, either. some people have it, the majority don't. it's a gift from the...

It's a gift.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000