New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Superabound666
- FB Fan -

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  08:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great show. Reid Paley trio (all were there) opened to a crowd and did well. He played I'm not dead (I'm in Pittsburgh) but Frank did not join him nor did FB play it in his set. FB opened up with an energetic acoustic set which I believe included Holiday song, California bound, Whisky in Your Shoes (i luv this song), I gotta Move, Cactus. The rest of the band joined and played a Bryan Ferry cover re-make/re-model i believe. I don't have the order but I remeber All My Ghosts, Brackish Boy, Ten Percenter, Suffering (another fav), Dead Mans Curve, Nadine (long intro crediting Chuck Berry sort of), 666,Bullet, Raider Man, Johhny Barleycorn, My Terrible Ways, Horrible Day. He played some newer stuff -- Dead Mans Curve, Gyaneshwar, a cover song he credited the smithsonian archives for having - Burnt out Rock (maybe?), 1 or 2 others im not sure if its the Water Song or All Around The World. My Terrible Ways was also done and he ended with Sing For Joy ... as far as I remember anyway. The show eneded prematurley it seemed as there was no encore. Most of crowd cheered on even as the drums were being taken apart but to no avail. I walked to the front to see if I could get a set list but others had them. I recall seeing Dog after Joy on 1 of the set lists so not sure if he had 1 more on the list and didnt get to it or if i'm off on that. Hopefully someone with a setlist will get the facts right. I saw Billy Block walking around before and after the show and he even heard him say "Thanks for coming out tonight" as i walked out. I think I got a quick glimpse of Frank in the bus as I approached but I just kept walking instead of pressing my face on the windshield or something. I decided to give the band their space and probably will from now on .... I have pictures and autographs so i really don't need any more. The top thing on my FB wish list is to see him play the Kinks cover This is Where I Belong someday which he used to cover on the 1st FB album tour...

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  11:34:34  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reviews!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000