Frank Black in dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HeroJuan
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  13:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a weird dream about The Man last night, and I just thought I'd relate it and see if anyone else had any interesting dream stories. In my dream, I was basically me--james--at the same stage that I am at now in my life. I had just met this head-rush hussy by the name Megan, and was thinking about her and my chances. Looking back on the dream, it was like wizard of oz without the tornado. Anyway, both my pal Devin and Frank Black lived up the street from me (not together). I happened to know this professional wrastler named Sgt. Slaughter, and one day we took a stroll to FB's crib. FB's body guard and Sgt. Slaughter got into a brawl, and the Sgt came out on top. FB watched the whole thing and said "Kewl, want to be my new bodyguard?" to the Sgt. I told FB that I managed him and it would be OK provided I could live in FB's house. FB said 'shore'. So it's friday night and Charles, Devin, and I are sitting in his living room. Fb and devin exchange glances and then they both agree that they don't like the new girl. FB said 'I have a cop's gut instinct' and Devin said 'I have a clairovoyants psychic instinct' and they concurred that from her picture she looked like your typical party girl type, and persuing her would just be a waste of time. They both reiterated several times that I should be wary of the girl, and FB said his friend's from outer space thought the same. Anyway, that part of the dream fades out and at the end of the dream I am in this room, and all of a sudden I die randomly. So then I have wings and I am flying over NYC to the tune of 'Valentina and Garuda'. It was reminiscent of that scene in So Long and Thanks For All The Fish by Douglas Adams where Arthur and Fenchurch flew over the city, but without the love-making. That wasn't the first time I had an Fb dream, I do quite frequently, but usually there isn't a big message right in my face like with this one. In 2004 I had a dream that I was abducted by aliens (at the time I was using binaural tones a lot for trance-induced meditation, etc see www.bwgen.com). I woke up, rolled over on top of my ipod (I sleep with it on) and all of a sudden it skips to the last line of the song 'Fazer Eyes' by FB where he says 'you won't be frightened of the real thing after the show'. It was so eerily appropriate, and it really did happen. Anyway, I think I am going to tell this Megan girl that I can't see her anymore when I see her this weekend. The dream reinforced the original hunch I had about her. I'd be interested to hear other FB dream stories.

-james

Edited by - HeroJuan on 09/08/2006 13:10:52

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  13:37:18  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"The dream reinforced the original hunch I had about her. I'd be interested to hear other FB dream stories."

Of course it did - that 'hunch' is your subconscious, which also controls your dreams. Still, that's a crazy dream, but I'm more intrigued by this alien abduction thing...

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

HeroJuan
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  15:33:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See the interesting thing about the abduction dream was the next day after that happened I was trying to rationalize it to myself and thought 'maybe the mp3 was just corrupt' but then I looked at my iPod and realized that Fazer Eyes came directly from a rip of my pristine copy of Teenager of The Year. So there is no explanation. My iPod wasn't even on the Teenager of The Year Album, and it's hard to believe that in that single move I could have slid the thing to the EXACT PART at the end where he says that line. Hmf!

james
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

"The dream reinforced the original hunch I had about her. I'd be interested to hear other FB dream stories."

Of course it did - that 'hunch' is your subconscious, which also controls your dreams. Still, that's a crazy dream, but I'm more intrigued by this alien abduction thing...

Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  17:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had a couple FB dreams, but they're pretty boring. Me and FB. Sittin' behind the counter of a gas station.

"What's new, Chuck?"

"Ah, nothin'"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  01:29:44  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't remember details, but I remember going into the garage to jam once and FB and a few of the Catholics showed up. We played around and had some fun and then he invited me to play with them while they were here. And then, in the painful way that dreams often veer to a much less exciting topic, it went into something completely unrelated. Still I remember jamming with the man in my garage quite vividly.

Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  03:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey download this and listen to song number 8.

http://manuel.grotsk.free.fr/rnr1999.zip

That's a goofy song I made about a Frank Black dream I had (around 1995).
And don't worry, I stopped trying to sing in English and imitate the pixies sound! I can barely listen to this myself now, but that's right in the topic, isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  04:23:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ha ha ha
I re-listened the song, the accent and the fake FB style are SO goofy.
Remember it's just a teenager who did this!
The first words are: "I had a dream, Frank was on TV" , I tell you as it is impossible to say with that strange german accent I had at that times (been 6 months to Australia and 4 to the states since, so I feel that's somebody else singing!).
I guess "on his best" meens "at his best"...
Well, at least the intention was good...
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  06:22:11  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just had one last night in which Frank played a solo acoustic show at a rec-type center in Cape Cod. He brought some guy up on stage with him and introduced this person as his uncle from England, even though he clearly was the same age as Frank. The entire audience suddenly started singing "Rule, Brittania!" to Frank's delight. Then a woman came up on stage and sat down at an electric organ, as Frank identified her as his cousin. She started playing a bizarre melody and Frank looked ready to start singing, but the audience noise kept rising and rising until you could barely hear the music, and Frank suddenly stormed off stage.

Evidentally, Frank was going to come back and finish the show, but I woke up before that happened.

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

mr.biscuitdoughhead
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  21:42:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never have FB dreams.

And even if I did, I wouldn't remember them the next day.

I feel left out...

Vote Biscuitdoughhead For Mayor!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mister Dog
- FB Fan -

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  10:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a dream once I was the guitarist for the Beastie Boys. That's all I remember. I think I was 8 or 9.

Skinner, you're an odd man, but you sure know how to steam a ham.
Go to Top of Page

HeroJuan
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  08:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I followed the advice of the dream. To encapsulate: I was a jerk to her enough to sabotage it. Some things are best not further elaborated upon. It seemed like the smart thing to do anyway. Cheers to Saint Francis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000