Nov. 2nd, 2006 - Madison, WI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7435 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  02:28:25  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.high-noon.com/

Tickets requests, pre-gig meetings, setlists, reviews... please post here.

Denis

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  09:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have a ticket for this show yet but hope to attend. Will I be the one traveling the farthest since I'm coming from Afghanistan? This is the perfect fit for my 2 weeks of leave. Who else plans on being there?
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  11:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Home from Afghanistan for two weeks, good for you. You've gotta get in for the show. Not one's usual image to be thinking of a soldier deployed to the other side of the world, getting around with fresh recollections of a Frank show. Be well.

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  11:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, be well soldier. Thanks for your service.
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  13:34:53  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep. I concur, all politics aside. Too bad you were not deployed in Pakistan, it could entice Frank to play Shazeb Andleed. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  23:43:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be there and I can't wait. Will be my first non-Pixies FB show.
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  20:58:00  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I've now comitted to going to this gig. The recent reviews and setlists posted are stoking my interest. The place opens at 4pm so it should be no problem to arrange a FBNet Forum hook-up before the gig. Happy Hour is 4-7.. and the place has a kitchen, so show up early, grab some chow and hang out a bit y'all.. Be There, Or Be Square
From the High-Noon Website...
Tap Beer:
Guinness
Bell's Two-Hearted Ale
Capital Seasonal
Moose Drool Brown Ale
New Glarus Spotted Cow
Berghoff Dark
Miller Lite
Huber

Menu:
Thursdays - Cardiac Arrest

Do You Believe It? .... You Better..
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  12:58:54  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like a decent venue....

Go to Top of Page

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  09:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try and get a ticket today. Just look for the guy with the military haircut...
Go to Top of Page

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  16:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one more day...
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  22:02:52  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I called the High-Noon yesterday and cameras are allowed, I'll be there fairly early (6-ISH) for some dinner and drinks from then on. I don't have a tripod, so feel free to flame any vid of the show I come up with. until the batteries die or the chips are full. Looking foreward to a great show ---I'll be the guy with a grey Packers shirt alternating between going out for a smoke and ordering a round for FB.Net'ers...
Stay Tuned......

Go to Top of Page

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  15:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm seriously more excited than I've been since the day of the Pixies' Fine Line Minneapolis show in 2004. I need to have a few drinks and settle down, lol. Really.

Edited by - klikger on 11/02/2006 15:18:11
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  00:36:14  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Incredible show, Just got home so I'm pretty baked, Plenty of pics and (hopefully) some vids once I wake up. Some jerk dodged in front of me right at the end and grabbed Mr. Jarvis' setlist so alll I have is a pic of it. hpe tht'll do. Had a round(s) with franktaper and managed to get a quick word in with The Man right before he hit the stage, which was beyond expectations and so incidental that it could have never been scripted. All in all a great FB show..... Stay Tuned

Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  02:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steak n Sabre

Incredible show, Just got home so I'm pretty baked, Plenty of pics and (hopefully) some vids once I wake up. Some jerk dodged in front of me right at the end and grabbed Mr. Jarvis' setlist so alll I have is a pic of it. hpe tht'll do. Had a round(s) with franktaper and managed to get a quick word in with The Man right before he hit the stage, which was beyond expectations and so incidental that it could have never been scripted. All in all a great FB show..... Stay Tuned

franktaper was there? Excellent!

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  08:47:59  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Click for pics... Some good, some not so good. Unfortunately, Mr. 'Taper did not have his recording gear with him.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sixthstation/sets/72157594358686558/

I did get a vids of 'Gyaneshwar' and 'Nadine', however I had teh audio level set too high on the camera so the sound is pretty crappy...
http://www.sixthstation.com/fb/gyaneshwar.avi

Brush With Greatness Dept:
So after a fine set by Reid Paley, I settle in to a spot right in front of the left side of the stage. After a little while, somebody bumps into me from behind pretty good, I turn around and find out it was The Man himself. He apologized for the bump, and I said hello from all the good folks here at FBNet. He said" Cool, thanks a lot" and then I asked if there were any Joan Armatrading covers in the set, which cracked him up a bit. He then took the stage and was fairly chatty during the acoustic portion of the show. Aside from spraining my focking ankle in the parking lot on the way in, I had a great time....

PS EDF didn't miss a note all night, which to me is more important than jumping about spitting up fake blood and whatnot. If thats your thing, go see Gwar....

Go to Top of Page

Two Spaces
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  13:17:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steak n Sabre

I was the jerk (10%er??) that "dodged" in front of you for the set list. Here it is as written: ACOUSTIC, RE-MAKE, SOUL, BULLET, BLUE, BLACK, 10%, GHOSTS, BURN, PITTSBURG, SWIMMER, GYANSHWR, SUFFERING, JOHNNY, ROCK&ROLL, WORLD, TERRIBLE, RAIDER, HORRIBLE, CURVE, 666, NADINE, JOY. Great show.
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  15:33:50  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LoL Welcome Aboard. Sorry about the (soda) jerk comment, I was pretty tired when posting that. Glad you had a good time.
I'm kinda bummed that the sound on the vids I shot is garbage, total noob mistake. The video portion is actually not too shabby. Don't click the vid link using dial-up. (95 meg)

Edited by - Steak n Sabre on 11/03/2006 15:41:58
Go to Top of Page

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  16:08:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at the front right in front of the mic (and the 2nd of 2 people who Frank said were in his flirting zone), and it was pretty nice being so close. And I didn't even have to shell out $200+ like I did for 6th row Pixies tickets last year!!! ;) Attending my first solo FB show, I totally enjoyed myself and (hopefully) got some good video. I haven't checked it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post it.

Being the ballsy stalker that I am, I walked into the Green Room after the show, but Frank was busy talking with somebody else, so he shooed me away before I could shake his hand. That was rather disappointing, but I can't say that I blame him, so I'm not too sore about it. At least I was the object of his pseudo-affection for a moment or two onstage and later caught one his guitar picks.

All in all, it was an awesome show. The amazing highlights included Bullet, Calistan, The Swimmer, All My Ghosts, and Johnny Barleycorn. I had high expectations for my first FB show, and he definitely exceeded them.
Go to Top of Page

Someone
- FB Fan -

94 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  05:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen frank on pretty much every tour since dog in the sand came out and this was the easily best i have ever seen him. He was super chatty which seems to be a trademark of this tour based on what other people are saying. And considering his recent cd releases i did not expect him to rock this hard. He played a ton of old stuff. And he just belting out all the lyrics. His voice was very solid. He was roaring up there. I never liked remake/remodel or liviing on soul before but they were probably the best songs of the night. Other highlights for me were Calistan, 10 percenter, and All my ghosts. I can't get over how strong his voice was though.
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  05:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steak n Sabre could you upload some of those pics to the gallery? Cheers. The link is in my sig. (files must be less than 200KB)

Scratching the surface without a purpose won't accomplish anything new

Upload your Frank photos here - fb.net gallery

Go to Top of Page

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  20:03:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a quick post while I have a minute... Yep, I managed to be back in the US on leave at just the right time so I could see FB & company. Some observations:
-Long haired blondes in the band. First Rich Gilbert, now Billy Block. Really enjoyed his drumming at this show, seemed like he was having a great time.
-As mentioned above, I got to have a beer with SnS before the show. Always nice to meet other FB fans.
-I did not get to tape this show as all of my taping gear is in storage in Louisiana.
-Fave songs from this show: I Burn Today, Living on Soul, Calistan.
-Have pictures of a poster from the show. Where within the files section should I post that?
-If anyone *did* tape this show I have some interesting shows to offer in trade....
I'll stop rambilng now.
franktaper
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  01:52:12  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
franktaper, I think you can upload to the gallery, see Llamadance's signature's link to fb.net.gallery, but I can't tell you how that works!
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  02:35:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franktaper

-Have pictures of a poster from the show. Where within the files section should I post that?

franktaper

Franktaper, if you want to upload pictures (and we'd be grateful if you did) then click here:

High Noon Saloon, Madison, WI

then click on the 'UPLD' button in between 'New' and 'Favourites' at the right hand side. You'll get a pop up window where you can navigate to the pic on your HD, fill in some details and upload. You should get a "your file has been uploaded successfully" message. If you don't, it might be worth trying again. Hope that helps.

Scratching the surface without a purpose won't accomplish anything new

Upload your Frank photos here - fb.net gallery

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000