Oct. 11th, 2006 - Houston, TX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  02:29:26  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mais comment donc, Houston?

http://www.meridianhouston.com/

Tickets requests, setlists, reviews... please post here.

Denis

VooDooPope
- FB Fan -

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  12:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe no one has posted anything in this thread. I have my tickets and I'm ready to go. I'm also road tripping to Austin the day before the houston show to see Frank at La Zona Rosa and instore at the Waterloo.

Seeing Frank 3 times in 2 days is going to be awesome.

I think these 3 performances will be my 10, 11, & 12 times to see Frank live (that includes 3 pixies performances, 1 pre-split)
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  06:45:34  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any news from this show?

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

VooDooPope
- FB Fan -

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  11:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

Any news from this show?

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com

Great show. I took 260 photos from right in front of the stage. Talked briefly with Frank afterwards, got the set list autographed by EDF and BB. Talked at length (5 mins) with EDF after the show about the new album, franks mog and a couple other things.

I will be going through the photos tonight and will post the best stuff from my past 2 days FrankBlackathon as soon as I can.

I also got one of Franks Guitar Pics. All in all a great night. more to come...
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  13:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  13:48:01  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like fun!

What's the skinny on the new album?
Go to Top of Page

VooDooPope
- FB Fan -

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  19:59:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theonecontender

Sounds like fun!

What's the skinny on the new album?

EDF said they just started working on it.

I asked if the MOG was Franks and at first he (EDF) didn't know what I was talking about but then I explained and he said Frank had mentioned it so he was pretty sure it was his.

I told him about the link to gwanashawar and how it said something about being a possible pixies song but they have been playing it. I asked him if Frank pitched it to the band and if they didn't like it. He said he wasn't sure if Frank had pitched it to them or not but he first heard the song after they (he and frank) had decided to do an album together.

I thanked him for 2 great shows, taking the time to answer my questions and for also taking time to be on the pod casts so we fans had an inside scoop. He was surprised when my buddy told him we liked his song nicotine.

I've got to get some sleep now but soon I'll make some time to get my video of the austin in-store and my photos of the Houston show up so everyone can enjoy them.
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  21:30:42  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bravo, VDP. Looking foreward to it...

Do You Believe It? .... You Better..
Go to Top of Page

Czar
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
321 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  04:23:41  Show Profile  Visit Czar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any new songs on the setlist?

Thx VDP!
Go to Top of Page

ralemico
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  22:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the show in Houston. It was great! First time on a Frank Black show. Seeing the man live is unmissable.

By the way, (embarrassed to ask), does anyone have the setlist?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Wade
- FB Fan -

115 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  14:08:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Voodoo has a setlist signed, as well as the pick that I talked a roadie into grabbing, which he promptly handed to the "holder of all schwag" VDP. C'est la vie.

I also took a battery of pics, but not as large an array as VDP. He was a bit closer and his camera has pwnage on mine. Still waiting to see those, but I will try and post a link to my set soon.

It was a great show, as FB's always are, and the band couldn't have been more accommodating. EDF stood and chatted with VDP, me and others for a good while.

Excellent time had by all... looking forward to comparing Pics.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000