Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gapu
- FB Fan -

Austria
106 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  09:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm proud to announce that a german tv station will broadcast a frank black solo show in the night from friday to saturday. it is from the "Alabamahalle" in Munich from 1996.

So all you austrian and german fans watch out for this... it will be broadcasted on: saturday, september 2nd 2006, 00:15am on "einslive" and maybe even on "br".

For all non germans, i just can say that i will defenitely record this and wouldn't mind doing some dvd trades.... so make your trade list ready, if you're interessted :)

gapu
- FB Fan -

Austria
106 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  10:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gapuit will be broadcasted... on "einslive"

sorry it's not "einslive" it's "einsfestival".

can't wait to watch it
Go to Top of Page

dbiehl
- FB Fan -

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  14:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coole Sache Parker

Eingetimert...
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  09:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Einsfestival is a digital channel. Which sadly i don't recieve.

But thanks for the headsup nontheless.

Maybe this will turn up at dime?
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  09:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
woah, austrian are takin' over the forum. great.

regarding the show, besides orf1/2, atv and puls tv i don't have any other channels. i would be glad to order a dvd copy ;-)

i don't have too much to trade, i'm afraid. a couple of fb shows (.mp3), and a pixies dvd (i don't know which - it contains live material, a full 1988 or so concert in GB, all videos, and a tour documentation, and the pixies documentary where frank, joey, david, but not kim, talk about the pixies, besides other minor musicians like bowie, bono, pj harvey, thom yorke,...)

i don't know your interests, but i also have the "syd barrett" story on dvd - this is really a very fine documentation.

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Go to Top of Page

gapu
- FB Fan -

Austria
106 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  13:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great to see you're from austria too... makes me happy, usually i can't find any other austrian people on the forum/boards where i am subscribed to.

isn't this pixies dvd you're talking about the official dvd release?

i am not really into pink floyd, but which fb shows/cds do you have? i you dont have anything i want then just send me a blank and some shipping money... that'd make it too, but usually i prefer tradings. but don't worry people, the more copy's i give away the higher is the possibility that everyone will get it sooner or later...
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  14:44:09  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey gapu - the dvd sounds great.
any chance of it being uploaded to dimeadozen?
if not, i'm definitely up for a trade.
got lots of stuff.
send me a message.....

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  15:03:10  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I'd prefer this be shared with the community if possible.

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."
Go to Top of Page

jose
- FB Fan -

France
140 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  15:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it it possible for you to post some screencaps ?

I said Pretty Please !
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  20:13:45  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this just been uploaded to dimeadozen, and it looks superb:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=110228

FRANK BLACK
FRANK BLACK, Alabama Halle
Munich, 3 June 1996
Rebroadcast by Eins Festival
Alabama in Concert
DVB-S Digital Recording, no reencoded
Pro Shot, PAL, 4:3
Menus authored with DVD Studio Pro
Artwork included

Duration: 0:45:04
Data Size: 1.68 GB
Bit Rate: 5.33 Mbps

Video Tracks:
MPEG-2, 720 × 576, 4:3, 25 fps, 7.00 Mbps, upper field first
Audio Tracks:
MP2 stereo, 48 kHz, 192 kbps

Stream Files:
FRANK BLACK.m2v (1.51 GB)
FRANK BLACK.m1a

Set list:
The Marsist
You Ain ´t Me
Jesus Was Right
Freedom Rock
The Creature Crawling
Calistan
Adda Lee
Los Angeles
Kicked in The Taco
Headache
What Happened to Pong?
Men in Black
The Last Stand of Shazeb

jumping right on this!

Go to Top of Page

Levitated
= Cult of Ray =

Chile
652 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  21:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THIS IS A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  02:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi gapu

it came to my mind that i have a 96 tape recording of a FB press conference, where cult of ray is presented, and a very insightful 45 min recording where he plays his favourite rock songs (at this time) and chats a bit. i ca send you a copy of the tape. and if i can persuade my girlfriend, she may is able to digitise this so it can be shared with the community.

i will have to check which fb shows i have - they are not on the pc wherefron i'm writing these. but there are many solo recordings - santa monica, 96 is a highlight. heck, i will just burn them all on CD/DVD and send them to you.

i also have 3,4 pixies boots, but all on LP and tape...

Edited by - two reelers on 09/02/2006 02:36:48
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  05:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This looks awsome indeed.

Unfortunately dime is down for maintenance reasons right now.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  06:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not too good with torrent stuff, and I don't have a DVD burner, but that's cool. Those are great onstage-action screen caps!!

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  01:50:16  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carl, what you on about? You don't need no DvD burner for torrents. Come on, man, join the club, it's easy.

Lyle Workman, Carl, Lyle frickin' Workman. The Cult of Ray Tour. Get wise to the torrent, dude, your missing out on something special here.

"the extraordinary Frank Black" - david bowie
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  01:55:06  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote

we like distortion...
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  01:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he means that after the download he wouldn't be able to burn the show to DVD and watch it properly on his TV, but would be stuck with his computer. And it takes a lot of space, too.

But Carl, I'm sure some nice fb.netter will burn this for you. I would, especially since you irish were friendly enough to let the three points for the Euro2008 in Stuttgart yesterday evening.

Edited by - kelladwella on 09/03/2006 02:00:52
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  02:09:21  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey man, a computer with this sound coming out of it can take up all the space it wants. in fact, it can even come to bed with me, i'll watch it there, too. Kicked in the Taco, Kella. I've just watched Kicked in the Taco performed live for the first time in my life. And Peter Crouch keeps scoring for england.

Ah, good times we're living in today.

Fuck the others, i'm joining The Cult of Run - The forgotten song
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  02:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you're in such a good mood, fbc. I have to wait another half hour or so till the dl is finished. Can't wait.

About the space thing... I meant that 1,68 Gb can be a pretty big chunk for your harddrive. Depends on the size of the HD of course, but if you are not able to burn it to DVD and need the space...
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  03:29:53  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
indeed a very nice show.
however mine's got errors all through it...but think it's cause i bruned it while still uploading...
used to be able to do it with bittornado easy peasy, but just changed to utorrent, which obviously won't do it....

both guitars are a bit low in the mix tho - especially franks, but it's a very good show.

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  03:33:45  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
=P I know what you meant, kella, space + time = splime.

It's just great to see footage of Frank Black rocking out this way. It's ten years ago yet could be the freshest thing out there, in my eyes.

And when am I ever in a bad mood? (you don't have to answer that ;)

"the extraordinary Frank Black" - david bowie

Benji, i've been meaning to ask you. When I'm seeding, is it best to upload to as many peers as possible, or just a few?

Edited by - fbc on 09/03/2006 03:39:06
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  03:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I didn't get it AGAIN?!? Sigh.

This irony sure is an evasive girl at times.
Go to Top of Page

gapu
- FB Fan -

Austria
106 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  07:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

this just been uploaded to dimeadozen, and it looks superb:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=110228

FRANK BLACK
FRANK BLACK, Alabama Halle
Munich, 3 June 1996
Rebroadcast by Eins Festival
Alabama in Concert
DVB-S Digital Recording, no reencoded
Pro Shot, PAL, 4:3
Menus authored with DVD Studio Pro
Artwork included

Duration: 0:45:04
Data Size: 1.68 GB
Bit Rate: 5.33 Mbps

Video Tracks:
MPEG-2, 720 × 576, 4:3, 25 fps, 7.00 Mbps, upper field first
Audio Tracks:
MP2 stereo, 48 kHz, 192 kbps

Stream Files:
FRANK BLACK.m2v (1.51 GB)
FRANK BLACK.m1a

Set list:
The Marsist
You Ain ´t Me
Jesus Was Right
Freedom Rock
The Creature Crawling
Calistan
Adda Lee
Los Angeles
Kicked in The Taco
Headache
What Happened to Pong?
Men in Black
The Last Stand of Shazeb

awwww, someone was quicker and already uploaded the show... seems like you will get the show off the internet. anyway, i can garantuee you that my rip wont have any errors. if you still want to trade, pm me...

ps: theres also "thalassocracy" between pong and men in black...

quote:
Originally posted by two reelers

hi gapu

it came to my mind that i have a 96 tape recording of a FB press conference, where cult of ray is presented, and a very insightful 45 min recording where he plays his favourite rock songs (at this time) and chats a bit. i ca send you a copy of the tape. and if i can persuade my girlfriend, she may is able to digitise this so it can be shared with the community.

i will have to check which fb shows i have - they are not on the pc wherefron i'm writing these. but there are many solo recordings - santa monica, 96 is a highlight. heck, i will just burn them all on CD/DVD and send them to you.

i also have 3,4 pixies boots, but all on LP and tape...

whooo, sounds interessting... great! anyway, dig through all your stuff and let me know what you got.. i'd would be nice to have shows too, and rare stuff. as for the tape, i could probably digitize it too, but it would be a problem to upload the stuff!

Edited by - gapu on 09/03/2006 07:47:41
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  08:39:53  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shit. I want a DVD burner!

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  09:55:43  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want a dimeadozen account!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  10:29:57  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Woohoo, nevermind. :)

Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  23:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely fucking beautiful. Frank...I'm beggin' ya...rock this hard again next month...
Go to Top of Page

mikaelp75
- FB Fan -

131 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  00:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never thought the Marsist was a great opener until now. And what a version of Shazeb Andleeb. Excellent stuff. If Frank's guitar was louder it truly would be perfect.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  00:49:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks excellent!
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1994 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  08:13:27  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brilliant show from the best FB era.
Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  08:46:25  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  19:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

Carl, what you on about? You don't need no DvD burner for torrents.

Oh, yeah, I know, but is'nt this intended for burning to DVD? Actually, it probably is watchable on your PC as a video file, right? It shows how much I know!!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  22:23:42  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's intended for DVD but you can watch on PC.

Go to Top of Page

phys
- FB Fan -

Austria
32 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  07:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by two reelers

woah, austrian are takin' over the forum. great.

regarding the show, besides orf1/2, atv and puls tv i don't have any other channels. i would be glad to order a dvd copy ;-)

i don't have too much to trade, i'm afraid. a couple of fb shows (.mp3), and a pixies dvd (i don't know which - it contains live material, a full 1988 or so concert in GB, all videos, and a tour documentation, and the pixies documentary where frank, joey, david, but not kim, talk about the pixies, besides other minor musicians like bowie, bono, pj harvey, thom yorke,...)

i don't know your interests, but i also have the "syd barrett" story on dvd - this is really a very fine documentation.

servus gapu, servus 2reelers,
servus everybody,

i used to live in munich in 1996, now i live in vienna/österreich and i went to frank's show in the alabamahalle. though i had a terrible lovesickness in that time, frank's uncorruptible style and music managed to make me happy for a whole evening. i'm sorry until this day, that i made the mistake to yell: "debaser" between two of the songs- this was 4 years after THE split. well, i was young(er) then, but i'll never forget the disappointed and fed up look frank gave me. i've never yelled again - and started to really really respect his post-pixies-creations...

Someone said I should leave.
Shook my head -no no no no no no no.
Go to Top of Page

gapu
- FB Fan -

Austria
106 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  12:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
servus phys!

great to see another austrian or german fb fan.
debaser, ey? i think we all agree it's a wonderful song, or let's say pixies were/are w wonderful band. but i can understand that frank is dissapointed if many of his fans want to hear his previous songs with the pixies, although his post pixies stuff was pretty good... just imagine the teenager-album. it's really great. but i think that time, no one really wanted a solo frank black... they wanted a band, the pixies. i remember when my fav. band disbanded. i expected the same direction/music from the following band, that's not ok, cause everyone should try to understand what they are doing, or want to do. what kind of band would it be, if it just satisfies their crowd with the songs they want to hear?
but i think it's just natural to think that way. it takes a while till you realise that they are gone and the other ones just come.
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  13:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi gapu

so, send me you postal address such that i can send you a copy of the fb interview/fav. songs tape. also, i will burn all the shows i have on cd and send it. in return, i would be happy to receive a CD with the alabama-show. send your address to nittinatti-at-yahoo-co-uk.

regards, 2R

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000