phys
- FB Fan -

Austria
32 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  08:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gapu

servus phys!

great to see another austrian or german fb fan.
debaser, ey? i think we all agree it's a wonderful song, or let's say pixies were/are w wonderful band. but i can understand that frank is dissapointed if many of his fans want to hear his previous songs with the pixies, although his post pixies stuff was pretty good... just imagine the teenager-album. it's really great. but i think that time, no one really wanted a solo frank black... they wanted a band, the pixies. i remember when my fav. band disbanded. i expected the same direction/music from the following band, that's not ok, cause everyone should try to understand what they are doing, or want to do. what kind of band would it be, if it just satisfies their crowd with the songs they want to hear?
but i think it's just natural to think that way. it takes a while till you realise that they are gone and the other ones just come.

you're right, gapu- it takes a while to realise that- and sometimes it needs a couple of years. some people never realise it... and sometimes you never realise it...

by the way: i'm glad, that i'm not the only person in austria, who is a fb enthusiast- pleased to meet you! do you live in vienna or elsewhere?
Go to Top of Page

gapu
- FB Fan -

Austria
106 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  10:28:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh, that's nice!
i am afraid i believe there aren't many fb/pixies fans at all in austria... you know, when it comes to music austria is... errrm... pretty shite! except for falco, i think he had some great songs, but he's dead so... we don't have any popular musicians in austria. i just can think of the sofa surfers to be a actuall pretty good band, but i havent heard that much yet by them.

i am from north burgenland.
Go to Top of Page

phys
- FB Fan -

Austria
32 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  04:54:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gapu

oh, that's nice!
i am afraid i believe there aren't many fb/pixies fans at all in austria... you know, when it comes to music austria is... errrm... pretty shite! except for falco, i think he had some great songs, but he's dead so... we don't have any popular musicians in austria. i just can think of the sofa surfers to be a actuall pretty good band, but i havent heard that much yet by them.

i am from north burgenland.

ok that's almost vienna...
i love burgenland. and i love fb. so i guess fb loves the burgenland as well (...) i am convinced that he would have written a song about burgenland (or at least would have mentioned it in a song) if he'd spend some time there. imaginable?

rasthof - 20 kilometers bis rasthof
(could happen somewhere in austria)
Go to Top of Page

gapu
- FB Fan -

Austria
106 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  07:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
imaginable? i don't know... i love it because the people really appreciate mother nature -> that means that we have a great enviroment, and you can't find much rubbish on the streets or elsewhere. i like that. i guess its more a country life where i live, but it's ok, cause it brings a lot of advantages with it. further it seems to be very relaxing to live in a place like that. the only disadvantage is that kids get a bit boring on saturday nights, cause sometimes they can't find a good place to go out to... but that depends on which kind of person you are and in what kind of mood you're in at the moment.

anyway... :)
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1018 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  00:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just have to say, that after watching this show, one has to acknowledge that lyle workman is no doubt the best guitarist frank has ever played with. he delivers one great solo after another and it doesn't even look like work. so playful...
also, this video makes you reconsider how awfully great the "cult of ray" record is.

i wanna be alone, i wanne be insiiiiide my headphones !

i'm thinking of putting this show (~800 MB or so) on a webserver - if i do so, it will be only for a short time & will let you know...watch this thread

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Go to Top of Page

gapu
- FB Fan -

Austria
106 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  08:12:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by two reelers

i just have to say, that after watching this show, one has to acknowledge that lyle workman is no doubt the best guitarist frank has ever played with. he delivers one great solo after another and it doesn't even look like work. so playful...
also, this video makes you reconsider how awfully great the "cult of ray" record is.

i wanna be alone, i wanne be insiiiiide my headphones !

i'm thinking of putting this show (~800 MB or so) on a webserver - if i do so, it will be only for a short time & will let you know...watch this thread

i'm happy that you enjoy it ;)
Go to Top of Page

questionablematerial
- FB Fan -

13 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  03:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, i'm new to torrents and i noticed this frank black alabama halle, munich 96 show on dimeadozen. There doesn't seem to be any seeders for it at this time. If someone could reseed it i would be thankful.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000