Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  16:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My tickets came in the mail today. The front of the envelope was damaged and all I could read was Kelly and PO Box and Hohenwald. I don't know HOW they found their way to me but I am VERY thankful that they arrived safely. Whew!

The show will be at Mercy Lounge. This is actually in the same venue (but a different hall) that he played at for the AMA Showcase last September.

I wonder if I'll get to see any of the other characters (Tiven, Buddy Miller, OldManinaCoffeeCan maybe...hmmm...who else??)

It's gonna be coool!!

Edited by - starmekitten on 08/24/2006 08:33:19

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  12:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's gonna be a great show out in nashville! if they weren't touring western canada that's one spot i'd consider going.

maybe we should do a search and rescue for oldman!! HUH!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  12:35:29  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're in for one hell of a night if you catch up with The Can. I sure hope he's okay, it's been ages since I last spoke to him.
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  16:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yo kfs, Brother Fu, fbc, and all my other Brothers and Sisters in Frank, thanks
for the shouts and well wishes.

'been out in the deep sky and deep water in my can...had to retreat for awhile…

Fuck, sonofabitch, The Man ain't wastin' no time, huh! I've got 2 shows for sure,
dat be Guitar Town and Memphis, and I'm working on The JD Set in Lynchburg.
I'm sure you've got your entry in for that one, huh, fbc! And, I know Brother fu
will be extending a warm welcome to The Man, EDF, Billy and Duane when they get up North.

And, hell yeah, kfs, we'll definitely hook-up at the show, front and center. You know the
upstairs Mercy Lounge is a lot smaller than the downstairs Cannary Ballroom that he played
in last year. It won't hold over 200 people. Of course, they can always move downstairs
if they sellout the Mercy.

Anyway, thanks again kfs, Brother fu, fbc, scruvs, Kathryn and kelladwella for your emails.
I apologize for little or no replys, [no wi-fi in or around my can right now and I may continue
to be somewhat in communicado].

Damn, exciting times these are! And, ain't it good to be alive and to be a Frank Fan!

"I'm more of a self-indulgent epic kind of guy." King Charles IV

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  18:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
huh!! thanks for the pulse! good to hear from you! enjoy the shows in tennessee. take care.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  18:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kfs
I wonder if I'll get to see any of the other characters (Tiven, Buddy Miller, OldManinaCoffeeCan maybe...hmmm...who else??)

It's gonna be coool!!

Maybe Rich Gilbert will show up if he's still playing shows around Nashville. Enjoy the show.

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  13:17:39  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OldManInaCoffeeCan

Damn, exciting times these are! And, ain't it good to be alive and to be a Frank Fan!
It's never been better. How many albums now do we get to choose from? Shitloads, oldman. Like I said, Frank saves all.

Be well, stranger.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  13:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

'been out in the deep sky and deep water in my can...had to retreat for awhile…

this makes me think of Oscar on Sesame Street

"i own Mailbu."
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  14:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CoffeeCan, you're alive! Have a beer on me!!

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  08:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely Carl, and in fact, I have been stopping by an Irish Pub here in Nashville
for late afternoon orders of Shepherd's Pie and pints of Amber. (thanks for the shout Brother)

And, hey, check it out scruvs. Rich is playing all over this town. You can check his
schedule here:http://myspace.com/richgilbertmusic

And, Rich just finished producing and playing on Joshua Black Wilkins' new EP "Pretty as a JunkYard".
You can hear 4 of the 5 songs in their entirety, and they all include The Duke of Fender's guitar and
production genius, at Joshua's myspace:http://myspace.com/joshuablackwilkins

[Pretty as a JunkYard; Shame on Alabama; Sawdust and Cigarettes; and You Better Make Sure I'm Dead]
[No Evil is on the EP but isn't available for listening on Joshua's myspace site]

Oh, and, uh, fbc, I dig those expressions in your post to me, e.g., "Frank Saves All"
and "Be Well, Stranger". Very poetic.

"I'm more of a self-indulgent epic kind of guy." King Charles IV

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 08/17/2006 08:47:32
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  08:12:47  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey i'll be at the show as I'm a new resident of Clarksville, TN! Tickets are still available right?

Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole.
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  12:47:48  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay! I just ordered my ticket! Who's going to the show? We ought to meet up. Does anybody know if any of the session musicians are going to be there?

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  06:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone should bring one of those signs like you see at the airport (you know, when someone's waiting for you).
FRANKBLACK.NET

It would be a good way for forum members, etc to find each other without it being weird. (I have to be careful 'cause I'm a girl, you know?)
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  06:55:25  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kfs

Someone should bring one of those signs like you see at the airport (you know, when someone's waiting for you).
FRANKBLACK.NET

It would be a good way for forum members, etc to find each other without it being weird. (I have to be careful 'cause I'm a girl, you know?)

Yeah. that's a good idea. SO...whose going to bring the sign. If I can't get into to interview frank with my newspaper credentials, I'm going to up front in the line so i can get a good spot in front of the stage. I'm looking forward to this show because i'm new to the area and would like to meet new friends!

Anybody here live in clarksville?

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  10:02:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before long I'm gonna have to rent a bus to go to this gig! I originally bought 2 tickets then another friend made plans to go with us. Then, that friend invited another friend. Over the weekend I invited ANOTHER friend. This is fun! All these people are never going to fit in my little VW Beetle!

Hey, CoffeeCan...Where is Grimey's? I was just wondering about that yesterday and then I read your post in FRANK COMES TO YOUR TOWN.

I've gotta go buy more tickets!
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  14:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey misterwoe and kfs,

So far, it appears that it's us and all of kfs' rowdy friends that will be attending the Mercy Lounge Show.

It's a 9:00 p.m. start so that should give us plenty of time to meet up before the show.

I'm going to begin and end my evening down on Lower Broad in the Honky-Tonks. I figure I'd head on down 'bout 6:00 p.m., get something to eat and start drinking. Then take a cab up to the Mercy Lounge for Frank's show. And afterward, head on back down to the Honky-Tonks for some more drinking.

So, what do you think, do you guys want to hook up early or just meet at the show?

[kfs, Grimey's is on 8th Ave. South, one block from the intersection of 8th Ave. and Wedgewood Ave. You can take the Wedgewood ave exit from I-65.]

While waiting for "Schwarma", I joined the "Cult of System of a Down", Huh...
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  06:42:13  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be coming from I-24, where Honky-Tonks in relation to that and the Mercy Lounge?

Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  06:43:47  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, and I'll definitely be in town earlier than later, just to ensure that I'm up front and center for the show. It's just how I roll.

I'm so EXCITED!!! HAAAA!!!

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  08:58:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I heard that. I'm trying not to think about it too much, the anticipation keeps me up at night.

Hey man, I went honky-tonkin last night. I caught Rich Gilbert's show at Full Moon Saloon.
He plays just about every Wednesday through Saturday 10pm 'til 2am with the Travis Mann Band.

Fuckin' awesome on that Fender.

Lower Broad is the place to go before and after Frank's show. It's 'bout 4 blocks down and 4 blocks
over from Mercy Lounge, however, a cab ride is a must, no walking, too far and too much shit.
And, if we're lucky we can catch Rich's 10pm to 2am show after Frank's.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  09:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rich plays every week?! That's great!

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  09:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Carl, it's fuckin fantastic.

I don't take if for granted and I try to see him play as often as I can make it.

As you know, he's one of the best with a Fender, and as you can imagine, he's
in high demand in this town.

http://myspace.com/richgilbertmusic

and http://myspace.com/joshuablackwilkins (Rich produced and played on these for Joshua: PRETTY AS A JUNKYARD,
SHAME OF ALABAMA, SAWDUST CIGARETTS, MAKE SURE I'M DEAD)

Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  09:24:26  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Lower Broad is the place to go before and after Frank's show. It's 'bout 4 blocks down and 4 blocks
over from Mercy Lounge, however, a cab ride is a must, no walking, too far and too much shit.
And, if we're lucky we can catch Rich's 10pm to 2am show after Frank's.

Why is this the place to hang out? I mean, I'll probably get into town no later than seven o'clock, probably earlier should I choose to eat in Nashville.

I have to be up at six am the next day, however. And I have to cognitively awake for work because I'm a reporter.

I definitely want to hang out with you guys though.

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  09:42:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, challenging schedule you have there misterwoe.

Here's what I thought I'd do (and I hope you and kfs, along with all her Rowdy Homies)

I'm planning on eating 'bout 6pm at Jack's BBQ on Broadway between 4th and 5th Ave.
(Ribs, beans, slaw, cornbread, and beer)

and then I've got 10 or more good bars/honky-tonks right there in front of me,
each with plenty of cold beer and live music.

Then, a cab ($5 or so) to Mercy Lounge (8th Ave. just past Lafayette Street) for Frank's show
afterwhich a cab back to Lower Broad for more live music and cold beer (and Rich Gilbert if
he's playing that night)

Oh, and by the way, everything said and done on October 4th will be "off the record", alright Scoop?
No scandalous stories appearing in the newspaper the next day, OK...

Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  11:59:23  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps I'll meet you at Jack's. What time do you plan on being at the Mercy Lounge? I ask this because if we're rolling around together, I'd like to make sure we're at the lounger earlier than later just to secure the aforementioned coveted spot in front of the stage. Do you like to stand this close?

Also, I've heard that parking can be a pain in the ass down there. Any tips?

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  09:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I plan to be in the area as early as possible. It's gonna be a bit difficult to organize with my group. I think we're up to 6 now. Two of them don't know FB but I've assured them they are in for a treat!

We'll definitely meet you guys at the show (if not before). I plan to be right up front too (Make room misterwoe)!!! Man oh man, it won't be long now!

Almost forgot...Since Nashville is your town, Coffee Can, Could you please help make sure my group has a BIG time? I'm sure you'll know us when you see us. I've planned to be off work the next day so...
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  11:45:33  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome. Yeah, I'm trying to get my buddy to go to, even though he hasn't heard FB.

BTW, who wants to carpool up to Louisville for the Louisville show on Sat. oct. 28

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  12:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, me too, I've got one buddy and one brother I'm working on.

Concerning meeting up before and after the show, how 'bout this:

Before show, 6:00 pm or so: Meet at Mercy Lounge parking lot (free parking) take cab to Lower Broadway,
eat at Jack's BBQ and hit some honky-tonks until 'bout 8:00 pm or sooner if you prefer (show starts at 9:00 pm)

After show, 11:30 pm or later: Back down to Lower Broad for more real music and cold beer, also go see
Rich Gilbert at whichever Honky-Tonk he's playin that night (Robert's Western World or Full Moon Saloon),

I'll post some pictures to whet your appetite

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  13:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOWER BROADWAY ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON: After church last Sunday, I had a few hours to enjoy so I headed on down to the Honky-Tonks. You never know who you may run into in Guitar Town. The gentleman holding the six-pack of Miller High Life is John Shepherd who sang the Miller High Life commercials in the 1970's.
The pretty lady in the red blouse is "Mrs. John Shepherd"

[photos from my archives, last year, not last Sunday afternoon]

mercy lounge

bobby’s idle hour (Best Writer’s night in town – Thursday 6pm to 10pm)
Good Music, Good People

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 09/26/2006 13:09:12
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  15:07:48  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds good, man! this is going to be a blast. I wish i didn't have to work the next morning. Maybe I'll get all of my articles done ahead of time and take half of thursday off! I really would like to catch Rich Gilbert. Maybe he could come to dinner with us.

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  11:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you look like, misterwoe?
Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  12:09:26  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here you will find a pic of me from about a year ago:

themanicpen.blogspot.com

I'll probably have gel and my hair now. and a soul patch.

what do you look like?

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  13:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really sure how to link to the topic but there's a pic of me on pg 6 of SEMINAR PRESENTATION & HONEYCOMB SHOWCASE-SEPT 10. CoffeeCan has some pics in there too, I think.
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  13:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  13:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey!
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  13:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  13:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6 days 'til Frank Time...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000