any uk dates rumoured?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevyoung
- FB Fan -

25 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  04:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm hoping he comes back to england soon.
after reading 2001 he didnt come back for nearly 2 years.
he'll be knackered after all those us dates.

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  15:15:15  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We can only hope Kev Young. Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.

Kiss my ring...I am the greatest

Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  15:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope is a dangerous thing, my friend.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  15:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ShawFrank Redemption. Great movie.

Join the Cult Of Pob! And don't forget to listen to the Pobcast!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  15:59:12  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In answer to your questions, no, there are no UK dates rumoured, and if there were any they wouldn't be until next spring at the very very earliest. Probably, if I may start rumours with absolutely no source other than my own imagination, FB will be on the road/working a bit with EDF, he will come home, take Christmas time off, and then get in the studio with EDF after some more fleshing out of the demos in Feb. or Mar. Meanwhile, the Pixies will also be on the table and he has that to take care of too, so there'll be some rehearsal in there. Whether there will be a connection with EDF and the Pixies material I don't know, but needless to say FB has plenty on his plate even before the next solo tour. Which, I'd imagine, would be in support of/advance of a new album. And I'd bet my money that if it is a Pixies album we're talking about, the UK will be at the top of the list for places to kick off.

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."
Go to Top of Page

TheElephantMan
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  00:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"And I'd bet my money that if it is a Pixies album we're talking about, the UK will be at the top of the list for places to kick off."

I'm really, really chuffed I got the chance to see the Pixies tour, and I understand his reasons for doing it (at least I think I do), but being selfish I want some Frank gigs again. Come on mate - get your solo arse over here.

Ian.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  00:13:45  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah! What the fuck, Dean, America would get all the cool gigs while you leave us with Pixies tours? No way, we want Frank!

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  08:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, I'll revise my prognostications to say that since North America last got to see FB, the next tour, which will probably be in support of his EDF record, will probably be in Europe. The Pixies record, however, will coincide with the Pixies hitting Australia.

"No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000