New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brackishboy
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  01:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check this out:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=57087745

frank and kim as a PC's !!

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  04:32:45  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hahaha.

Thats awesome, it reminds me of the music on Luigis mansion. The fake plastic trees is class.

A pig or a goat well, they wouldn’t let you be mistreated

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  07:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heh, nice!! It's actually quite haunting and beautiful! (BTW, this should really be in The Pixies section!)

pas de dutchie!

Edited by - Carl on 04/08/2006 07:01:40
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1995 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  07:44:51  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
BTW, this should really be in The Pixies section!

It is.
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15606
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  07:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh....

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Blackhead
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  15:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was horrible!
Go to Top of Page

Holy Fingers
- FB Fan -

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  20:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitly different. Worth a minute or so.

"When you've done something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"
Go to Top of Page

Mister Dog
- FB Fan -

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  22:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GAY GAY GAY GAY

Skinner, you're an odd man, but you sure know how to steam a ham.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  09:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's nothing to be ashamed of, Mister Dog!

Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  12:19:34  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
?????????????
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  01:35:13  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage  Reply with Quote

i think that's fantastic.

----------------------
Scarla O'
Thursday 20th April 2006
On The Rocks
Kingsland Road
On stage: 9.30pm
Go to Top of Page

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  16:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better than the Frank Black Francis version that's for sure.
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  00:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd rather listen to the Moog Cookbook. Funnier.
Go to Top of Page

Blackhead
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006 :  21:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Mister Dog

GAY GAY GAY GAY

Why do you have to be homophobic?
I've noticed that homophobic slurs happen quite a bit on this chat... people say s**t like "he's a homo" or she's the "dyke" sister, or when something isn't liked (or a person isn't liked) they're described as "gay."
When I last checked, Frank's music was never even slightly homophobic, so I'm not sure why a contingent of homophobic f**ks would think they've found a safe place on this board to harbor their prejudices. It isn't amusing to those of us who are gay, have gay friends, or gay family.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006 :  22:33:07  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course, you're assuming that gay is a derogatory term.

I don't think I've noticed much homophobia, but perhaps I'm just not sensitive to it. I'll try to keep more alert, but email me if there is something you come across that you are offended by.

And yeah, I'd prefer we not use "gay" as a way to indicate something as not being any good, which I do believe is what was happening here (in other words, I agree with you).

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  10:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  11:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackhead

It isn't amusing to those of us who are gay, have gay friends, or gay family.

must be pretty gay

Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  11:40:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It isn't amusing to those of us who are gay, have gay friends, or gay family.

It isn't amusing to me either and I am not gay, have no gay friends or gay family.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

Holy Fingers
- FB Fan -

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  14:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see it as amusing either. However, as the son of a gay man, I am not at all offended. I have witnessed many gay people using the word 'gay' in the same manner. Relax, everyone. A true homosexual would probably take it with stride, as they are generally very secure people. Straight people should follow suit, and take it with stride. Juvenile? Yes. Offensive? Not at all.

"When you've done something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  17:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand gay as a derogatory word. It's good to be happy! ;)

Go to Top of Page

Holy Fingers
- FB Fan -

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  07:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said, Carl. What we have seen here is in no way 'gay bashing' or hatred towards homosexuals. People use the word 'queer' in the same context, while describing something odd, strange or stupid. I really don't like to beat a dead horse, but I can't help but to speak up when I see people over-reacting, whether it is 'pro' something or 'anti' something.

Go to Top of Page

Blackhead
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  10:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Fingers

Well said, Carl. What we have seen here is in no way 'gay bashing' or hatred towards homosexuals. People use the word 'queer' in the same context, while describing something odd, strange or stupid. I really don't like to beat a dead horse, but I can't help but to speak up when I see people over-reacting, whether it is 'pro' something or 'anti' something.

I never said that the comment was "gay bashing". I said that I am not amused when someone equates the word "gay" with something that's lesser. I'm entitled to my opinion; if my opinion is an "over-reaction" then so be it. Again, I stand by my belief that it's messed up to use the word "gay" to mean stupid.

I've had similar discussions about homophobia on this board, as when someone said Kelly's "a dyke and lives with Kate Shellenbach of Luscious Jackson. Kim is definitely the hot twin." To me, the word dyke wasn't said out of kindness... Another example was when someone said "YOU GUYZ R FAGZ FRANK R00LZ AND HONEYCOMB PWNS YOU FAGS Y DN'T YOU GTFO MY INTERNETS HOMO LOLOL." Again, perhaps FAGS is used as a term of endearment, but it's not cool to me. Of course, people are free to say whatever they want. This is a forum after all, and that's what makes it fun. We're all here out of a love for FB, and that's our common thread: gay, straight, bi, transgendered, etc.. And I actually don't think the comments are "gay bashing". But as I said in my original post, I'm not amused when I see them, and I will continue to voice my opinion, over-reaction or not.

Signed, your resident homosexual brother
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  10:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well said, Carl.

Wll, I was just kidding around-which is not to say I don't think it's childish when people use the word 'gay' instead of 'crap' or 'wimpy' or whatever, to describe something in a negative way!

Go to Top of Page

mcil
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  11:48:32  Show Profile  Click to see mcil's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeh... so anyhoo, back to the original topic:
I think it's shit. It's like the Fitter Happier thing on OK Computer, which is not a good thing

"Your Bone's Got a Little Machine..."
Go to Top of Page

Holy Fingers
- FB Fan -

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  08:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I never said that the comment was "gay bashing". I said that I am not amused when someone equates the word "gay" with something that's lesser. I'm entitled to my opinion; if my opinion is an "over-reaction" then so be it. Again, I stand by my belief that it's messed up to use the word "gay" to mean stupid.

I've had similar discussions about homophobia on this board, as when someone said Kelly's "a dyke and lives with Kate Shellenbach of Luscious Jackson. Kim is definitely the hot twin." To me, the word dyke wasn't said out of kindness... Another example was when someone said "YOU GUYZ R FAGZ FRANK R00LZ AND HONEYCOMB PWNS YOU FAGS Y DN'T YOU GTFO MY INTERNETS HOMO LOLOL." Again, perhaps FAGS is used as a term of endearment, but it's not cool to me. Of course, people are free to say whatever they want. This is a forum after all, and that's what makes it fun. We're all here out of a love for FB, and that's our common thread: gay, straight, bi, transgendered, etc.. And I actually don't think the comments are "gay bashing". But as I said in my original post, I'm not amused when I see them, and I will continue to voice my opinion, over-reaction or not.

Signed, your resident homosexual brother

Touche. I respect your sensible reply to my earlier post. I had no intention of opening this can of worms. Perhaps my first response was posted in haste (which could be considered an over-reaction). You may know that it is hard for the average person to 'undo' harmless mannerisms which have probably followed them since childhood. Maybe you'll agree that people who use words in this manner are just that- very AVERAGE people, and not necessarily homophobes.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  11:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But are Frank and Kim PC?!

;)

Go to Top of Page

Holy Fingers
- FB Fan -

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  15:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May I never return to this awful thread again.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000