All around the world - My first post
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucasio
- FB Fan -

Switzerland
19 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  09:15:49  Show Profile  Visit lucasio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey there,
First of al: I LOVE HONEYCOMB.
Selkie Bride, Violet, Sing for Joy, I burn today and mostly Atom in my heart, only to mention half of the album... LOL. I mean the album should have contained about 6 songs more(!) ;)
But there's a song called "All around the world" it's not on the album i bought but i found it on the internet. It's a great song but i can't find a tab or lyrics on this site.. What happend to the song?

I always liked FB for his music and especially for his lyrics. he's one of my favorite writers. But what makes Frank so special is that he actually puts those lyrics in great songs ALL THE TIME. Unlike Lou Reed who writes great stories & lyrics too but his songs are "different". I love his work aswell, but you know what i mean.

greets
lucasio

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  09:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Frank fan.

Look around, get comfortable. Start here:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15381&SearchTerms=,All,around,the,world

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Go to Top of Page

lucasio
- FB Fan -

Switzerland
19 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  09:44:49  Show Profile  Visit lucasio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank You ;)
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  10:39:33  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Lucasio!

Since Fastman/Raiderman is supposed to include some Honeycomb outtakes, it looks like you're in luck.

Incidentally, I think this topic might be better suited to General Frank Black Chat, but that's up to the moderators to decide.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  15:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fyi, Been All Around The World aka Needle In My Arm will remain officially unreleased for the moment, as it is not scheduled to be on FB's next album: Fastman-Raiderman either.

(( I'm a Snake... cut in half 'cause I'm not the one you needed. ))
Go to Top of Page

lucasio
- FB Fan -

Switzerland
19 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  03:16:02  Show Profile  Visit lucasio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh, that would be a pity!
the song is very serious but still has its uique fb humor- someone tell frank to include it! :)))

thank you all for your answers!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  06:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, lucasio!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

citizen30
- FB Fan -

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  10:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucasio . . . Just some info. The Pixies played 'All around the World' at the Newport Jazz Festival last summer. I didn't go but have the PixiesDiscs recording. It's good!

jim
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  11:44:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the song a cover? And also is it 'Been all around the world' or just 'All around the world'?

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  12:16:36  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just 'All Around The World', that I know of. I think it's one of those old songs that an artist (like Frank) will change a word/sentence/chord here and there to make it his own interpretation. Never a straight cover of the original. Whatever that one is.
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  12:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh okay. It's a good thing that artists change the original and put their own style on it, otherwise all covers would be pretty boring and just sound exactly the same.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  12:42:07  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think with some, their origins are unknown. I think i've read the word "traditional" used in relation to such songs, but not sure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000