Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  05:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm very upset, I've just get an ipod video and I was very excited because i could buy ONE MORE ROAD FOR THE HIT and SNAKE OIL, but I couldn't, because only some countries can buy itunes, this is the response of itunes:

Dear Christian,

Thank you for your interest in the iTunes Music Store. At this time, customers who reside in Chile can use the iTunes Music Store to browse music, listen to previews and watch videos. However, purchasing music is not yet available in your country.

While I cannot comment on future availability of the iTunes Music Store, please rest assured that we are committed to bringing the iTunes Music Store to music lovers around the world.

For a list of countries where the iTunes Music Store is available, please select "Choose Country" from the bottom of the iTunes Music Store home page.

Sincerely,

Mike
iTunes Music Store Team
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

So Frank, please release your work at CD's because all the peolple around the world are allowed to buy it, with itunes some of us, we can't.

Thanks

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  06:10:51  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just love shiny silver discs.

Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  17:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a perfect "medal holder" idea for her.

I have LeeAnn Tweeden's poop in my freezer.
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  20:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christian, I hope Frank reads your post and considers your words. And tours Chile!

I got some heaven in my head
Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  04:06:28  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I share your frustration ccuadros. No itunes for me as well and therefore no Snake Oil and One More Road. It sucks.

wilhelm
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  04:26:50  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As someone who can buy from i-tunes, but just plain refuses to buy mp3 type music. I would also like "Snake" and "Road" in CD format.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  05:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, too, refuse to pay money for mp3s or any other lossy format, but would be out there the second it hit stores to buy the CD(s). In all seriousness, I think it's just an absolute shame that so many people will not only settle for such terrible quality music, but actually PAY for it! If itunes or Frank want my money, they'll have to either release it in FLAC or another lossless format or (even better) release it on CD or (while we're in dream-world, even BETTER!!) relese it on vinyl.

ˇViva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

jimmy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
876 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  08:43:11  Show Profile  Visit jimmy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's not even the sound quality so much that I care about- I just like having the packaging, the pictures, the lyrics, and I wouldn't want to print it out either.

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." JOHN 15:14
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  10:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy

It's not even the sound quality so much that I care about- I just like having the packaging, the pictures, the lyrics, and I wouldn't want to print it out either.

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." JOHN 15:14

yeah jimmy that's a good point, the art of a CD it's very important for me too, plus the quality of the sound and the fact that all the people around the world could buy it.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  10:32:28  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want Frank CDs.

Denis

I love Guitar Wolf from the Erath!
Go to Top of Page

Garbonzia
- FB Fan -

France
53 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  01:22:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We could send e-mail to protest.
Where?
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  04:57:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps Ken Goes? I'm not sure, but that's a good idea if we can get more signatures than just the ten people who have responded to this thread.

ˇViva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  06:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've bought 'One More Road For The Hit' and 'Snake Oil' from itunes, but for the reasons that jimmy said I'd love to have them on C.D too. And it's not right that they're not available to everyone.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  18:16:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cds are much better. I have a hard time getting Itunes to downoad and really haven't tried to get them. I have been reeallly busy and haven't had the time to try to download the songs, but if they were out on cd I would have bought them already.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  04:58:46  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Same thing goes for singles. I'd buy Bam Thwok if it were released in CD Single format and place it in my mp3 player. I'm not buying from Itunes, which means I'm not getting Bam Thwok any time soon. I've yet to hear the whole song through.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

s_wrenn
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1851 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  08:53:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't get Snake oil or one more road for the hit because it was on itunes. I, unfortunately don't have broadband and it would take me 8 million years to download one song (slight exaggeration maybe).

"Through the darkness of Future Past
the magician longs to see
one chance out between two worlds
Fire - walk with me"
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  09:31:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What NimrodsSon said.

Itunes is for suckers.

Does anyone remember laughter?
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:41:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NimrodsSon

Perhaps Ken Goes? I'm not sure, but that's a good idea if we can get more signatures than just the ten people who have responded to this thread.

ˇViva los Católicos!

you have my sign

Edited by - ccuadros on 03/20/2006 10:45:17
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:53:12  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

one more here for the cause
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and another one.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6098 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  12:13:35  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah, like the FB DVD petition really worked

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  12:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<-Signed,

Visiting Sasquatch.
Go to Top of Page

bootydancer
- FB Fan -

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  09:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been using iTunes since it came out- people whine about MP3's but to be honest I can't tell the difference. Is there a place online where you can compare lossy/non-lossy sound files?

What's the sense in ever thinking about the tomb
When you're much too busy returning to the womb?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  09:32:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that anyone claiming to be able to discern high bitrate MP3s from non-lossy is imagining things or using a poor codec. I'm talking 192 kbps or higher.

I know there's a big difference between 128 and 192 but from 192 up I can't hear a change. Maybe I'm getting old. Blindfold me and play a WAV back to back, and all I can do is guess.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  11:18:27  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is this page of tests. There was something else, possibly at aac-audio.com which does not appear to be a valid link.

I went to Itunes and downloaded the software, they didn't have any of the music you can't find everywhere else. I uninstalled the program.

What I notice about MP3 and the like, on certain tracks that I know very well (ex. Teenage Riot by Sonic Youth) is the "perceptually irrelevant" time-domain masking.

There have been discussions about the exciting (to me) CDBaby.
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  11:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I think that anyone claiming to be able to discern high bitrate MP3s from non-lossy is imagining things or using a poor codec. I'm talking 192 kbps or higher.

I know there's a big difference between 128 and 192 but from 192 up I can't hear a change. Maybe I'm getting old. Blindfold me and play a WAV back to back, and all I can do is guess.

IMO the difference between 256kbps and lossless is negligible on typical computer speakers, but definitely not so if you burn it to an audio CD and listen on a halfway decent home or car stereo.

Does anyone remember laughter?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:03:52  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, perhaps I need a better system. I wouldn't say I've got run of the mill computer speakers by any stretch, they're a couple hundred bucks and digital, but certainly not hi-fi.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  16:04:52  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've always wondered if some people PRETEND they can hear the difference between different compression factors, due to some kind of weird audiophilic pride. It's never been much of a concern for me. On the other hand, I'd rather have an actual CD than just a collection of files.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  16:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re OMRFTH/SNAKE OIL - FB mentioned SpinArt as the eventual CD outlet [for USA I assume] and Cooking Vinyl will probably do UK/Europe.

So the short answer is Yes on a CD release, but not sure exactly when... Patience, as they will happen.

(( I'm a Snake... cut in half 'cause I'm not the one you needed. ))
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  10:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
F*ck bad language!!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Garbonzia
- FB Fan -

France
53 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  11:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
patience, patience...
I pray everyday...
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  12:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pray a little faster!!

(Geddit?! geddit?!)

pas de dutchie!

Edited by - Carl on 03/23/2006 12:30:33
Go to Top of Page

silvereel
- FB Fan -

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  17:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank himself endorses Itunes, so it can't be that bad...
quote:
I HAVE NOT. I SHALL CONSIDEER IT NEXT TIME I AM SHOPPING AT THE ITUNES STORE....

"I'm done with adult matters. I'm doin the catapult."
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  20:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silvereel

Frank himself endorses Itunes, so it can't be that bad...
quote:
I HAVE NOT. I SHALL CONSIDEER IT NEXT TIME I AM SHOPPING AT THE ITUNES STORE....

"I'm done with adult matters. I'm doin the catapult."

they're not too bad.....if you can buy it...but as other members, I can't because the stupid policy of itunes of sell their songs only a some countries. It's not fair.
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  00:26:48  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I, too, refuse to pay money for mp3s or any other lossy format, but would be out there the second it hit stores to buy the CD(s). In all seriousness, I think it's just an absolute shame that so many people will not only settle for such terrible quality music, but actually PAY for it! If itunes or Frank want my money, they'll have to either release it in FLAC or another lossless format or (even better) release it on CD or (while we're in dream-world, even BETTER!!) relese it on vinyl.

ˇViva los Católicos!

Long Live the Vinyl! (though I'd rather the artwork not be super pixelated this time. On SMYT, the resolution of the cat picture was NOT high enough for the 12" size.)

Frank Black Francis on vinyl petition, anyone?
Go to Top of Page

greg
- FB Fan -

Canada
159 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  19:31:29  Show Profile  Click to see greg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

I just love shiny silver discs.

Go Cindy!

www.bettieserveert.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page