New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Brackish
- FB Fan -

142 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  14:26:40  Show Profile  Visit Brackish's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I cannot believe Mr. Frank Black is playing such a small venue. I am soooo excited. Cafe du Nord is one of my favorite venues in the City. Who else is going?

redwoodtree
- FB Fan -

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  00:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YAY !!! I'm from Seattle but I'm going to be in San Fran that day , oh joy oh joy!!

Go to Top of Page

Whiskeyshoes
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  13:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just scored 2 tickets. SF Chronicle says they are available tomorrow (Sunday) but I just got my purchase confirmation online.

Should be a kick ass show

WS
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  01:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
see you there. both nights.

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  12:28:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man this is cool. how did you guys find out about the show?i just checked out ticketbastard and they didn't have any shows listed.... thanks
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  13:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
main fb.net page ticketweb.com has the tickets.

http://frankblack.net/news/#308

redwoodtree
- FB Fan -

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  15:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hven't been to Cafe Du Nord in ten years and that was for some swing dance thing... does anyone know their camera policy? I didn't see anything on there website?

I'd love to capture the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  20:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be playing my own show next door, at the Cafe Du Nerd.

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  17:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scruvs

main fb.net page ticketweb.com has the tickets.

http://frankblack.net/news/#308

thanks it was nestled in there and I didn't notice. teaches me better.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish
- FB Fan -

142 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  09:27:49  Show Profile  Visit Brackish's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

I'll be playing my own show next door, at the Cafe Du Nerd.

pas de dutchie!

Every cafe I enter instantly becomes Cafe du Nerd.

I don't post often enough to need a signature.
Go to Top of Page

MikeW
- FB Fan -

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  12:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going too!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

MikeW
- FB Fan -

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  10:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so it looks like I am meeting my friend at the Hilton Fisherman Wharf. How far is that from the venue? Can I walk there? Whats the scene there? is it general admish?
Go to Top of Page

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  11:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's a lttle bar, restaraunt, club below street level. supposedly pretty chill. i think the f wharf isn't too far from there. general admish for sheezy
Go to Top of Page

redwoodtree
- FB Fan -

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  11:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walk from Fisherman Wharf to Market Street?? Nooo, you don't want to do that walk. Take a cab, or, take the street car down the embarcadero to market, then take a street car down market to just north of van ness.

It's a long, dirty walk.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish
- FB Fan -

142 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  11:50:25  Show Profile  Visit Brackish's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not only would that walk be long and possibly dirty, it would be up Russain Hill, down Russian Hill, up Nob Hill, and down Nob Hill. And when a hill is big enough to be officially named, it's usually not something you want walk up and down too much. : ) See you guys there!

Go to Top of Page

redwoodtree
- FB Fan -

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  15:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just talked to the venue and actually cameras are allowed, no flash.

YAY
Go to Top of Page

Brackish
- FB Fan -

142 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  15:38:31  Show Profile  Visit Brackish's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wednesday is sold out. Looks like tickets are still available for Tuesday...for now.

Go to Top of Page

MikeW
- FB Fan -

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  20:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we are going to weds show. does anyone on here have the new record other than me ?
Go to Top of Page

Alex_Heart_Kim
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  11:31:17  Show Profile  Visit Alex_Heart_Kim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fucking 21 and over rule. im having my mother call the venue, they've let me in before.

--------------------

He bought everyone indian food!
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  15:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex_Heart_Kim,

if that works, that's so great.

Go to Top of Page

tedbra
- FB Fan -

17 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  19:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live directly across the street from Cafe Du Nord(i'm looking at it out my window) and I got tix to both shows. What do you guys think about cocktails at my place and then walk over on Wednesday. Let me know.
Go to Top of Page

Whiskeyshoes
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  14:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tedbra

I live directly across the street from Cafe Du Nord(i'm looking at it out my window) and I got tix to both shows. What do you guys think about cocktails at my place and then walk over on Wednesday. Let me know.

Tedbra, is there a decent place to park around CDN? That whole lower Market area is a total cluster

Thanks,
WS
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
- FB Fan -

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  15:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Mickey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Whiskeyshoes

quote:
Originally posted by tedbra

Tedbra, is there a decent place to park around CDN? That whole lower Market area is a total cluster

Thanks,
WS

It's hard as hell to find parking there. I usually end up going on quite a walk. See You there.

-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

tedbra
- FB Fan -

17 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  17:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whiskeyshoes, I usually don't have a problem. Usually takes me like 5 minutes to find something. Try on 15th next to the gas station across the street from CDN. There's like 12 spots in a row there so you might get lucky. Cheers! Rock and Roll!
Go to Top of Page

bertrandom
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  00:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was fucking awesome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bertrandom/sets/72057594082564026/
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  00:41:03  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nice curtain!

Denis

I love Guitar Wolf from the Erath!
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
- FB Fan -

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  01:38:35  Show Profile  Visit Mickey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh man, Frank Black is back! If you can remember the way the shows were back when the Pixies reunion was never, ever going to happen in a million years, well, that's kind of how this show was. I'm not even going to try and recount the entire setlist because is was long (but I noticed someone in the front row writing it down,so we should have it soon), but man was it ever incredible. Frank seemed to be rusty on many songs, clearly strugling to remember lyrics and ending songs short, ommiting verses (understandable, I think, and didn't really take away from the show at all). Every album (except Devil's Workshop) was represented. I started seeing Frank right before Dog in the Sand came out and I have seen him somewhere between 15 and 20 times since and he played several songs I've never heard live before (Men In Black (also played the Marsist from COR), I Heard Ramona Sing, Back To Rome, Parry the Wind High Low). Only two Pixies songs (a sort of Chicago blues style Cactus and encore Mr. Grieves). He was joined on stage by Eric Drew Feldman in the later half of the set. The crowd was really into it, cheering loudly for many songs. Everyone seemed happy to have Frank back in this kind of venue. the "yo soy un Pistolero" bit in Western Star was a particular crowd pleaser, as was "Got me down" in Headache. Not as many Honeycomb songs as I thought there would be, but what he did play was awesome, the new songs were really great as well, one called Dead Man's Curve was a real standout. Sorry about the scattered review here, but I'm both really tired and very excited. I can't wait for tommorow's show.

-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  02:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bertrandom

That was fucking awesome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bertrandom/sets/72057594082564026/

Nice one!

You guys are so lucky!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  02:35:33  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bootlegs, eh?

I captured the 3/14 show for the most part. Great show! Taped from the crowd, but pretty decent since he played a lot of new/quiet stuff and the crowd was very attentive and into it! An enthusiastic but super drunk guy wanted to sing along, and he wasn't in tune for a couple of songs. But I'll get the 3/4 of the how that you would want to hear up somewhere as soon as I can.

EDF was standing in the crowd right behind me and my wife for the first half of the show. Cool! I recognized him but didn't bother him (or let him know I was taping ;)

-jeffamerica
Go to Top of Page

tedbra
- FB Fan -

17 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  08:35:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man, thank god Frank stopped Sing For Joy so drunk guy would shut up. What an awesome little show! I will be there tonight!
Go to Top of Page

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  09:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah that was me. i had a good time. gotta quit drinking.
Go to Top of Page

number 13
= Cult of Ray =

286 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  06:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about the setlist please?! He really played "I Heard Ramona Sing" and "Parry The Wind High Low"? ... Fucking awesome.

And if the boot circulates, it would be cool to mention it too please.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  09:30:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He did 'Parry'? Shit, I didn't see that.

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  17:01:14  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I heard maybe a song or two will appear in a FB.net podcast...
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  22:36:42  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, FB management wouldn't approve putting my recording on the podcast, but I think people might still want to hear it. FB once said "tape away" about recoring his shows, so hopefully this isn't a no-no in general.

http://download.yousendit.com/CCF463CD2B099035

Anyone who wants to host it, feel free. I believe Dean has all of these, so maybe he can put it on the FTP.

And to the folks who have asked me about getting a "lossless" quality recording, "not an mp3" - this was recorded at less than average mp3 quality on a voice recorder. Making it a FLAC is not going to improve the sound. For what it is, it's certainly listenable.

Love,
jeffamerica
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  22:37:47  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh PS, here's the track order:

1) The Marsist
2) Dead Man's Curve
3) Manitoba
4) End Of Miles
5) Rabbit Song
6) Been All Around The World
7) My Terrible Ways
8) I'll Be Blue
9) The Water
10) Superabound
11) Bullet