-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 Cafe du Nord

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brackish Posted - 03/03/2006 : 14:26:40
I cannot believe Mr. Frank Black is playing such a small venue. I am soooo excited. Cafe du Nord is one of my favorite venues in the City. Who else is going?
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 08/27/2009 : 23:12:18
jweekly.com - Bit of ‘Pixie’ dust helps create a fairytale love story.

...They clicked immediately. They went
out to a sushi restaurant on their first
date. Bill casually mentioned to Sarah
he had tickets that night to an acoustic
show by Frank Black (of the Pixies) at Café du Nord — if she wanted to go...
The Holiday Son Posted - 05/08/2006 : 12:39:33
It's still there :
http://rapidshare.de/files/17066382/2006-03-14_Cafe_Du_Nord__San_Francisco.zip.html
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 05/08/2006 : 12:36:36
Can someone PLEASE repost this show?!?!?!?
kfs Posted - 05/02/2006 : 11:35:51
I'm really liking "The Water" right now. I can almost hear the more
filled-out recorded version in my head. I liked the Rabbit song right
away. "Fare Thee Well" is on a loop in my head right now too!
As usual, it took a little time before I really got these new tunes!
Apesy Posted - 05/02/2006 : 01:14:44
Can someone put these back up? Thanks!

-=Apesy
Ziggy Posted - 04/18/2006 : 04:10:55
Thanks Jefrey, it's a treat to hear those songs.
scruvs Posted - 04/18/2006 : 01:57:15
Thanks Jefrey. Sounds great. I'll throw these back on YSD in a couple of days in anticipation of your link expiring.

So before The Marsist starts, Frank says, "Don't Cheer Yet" then like a jackass I scream "YEEEEEEAAAAAAAH." Then he looks right at me, I get embarrassed and say "sorry." He replies, "We've got a long way to go, save it." Then his guitar strap gives out and his tele hits the floor.

Jefrey Posted - 04/17/2006 : 22:37:47
Oh PS, here's the track order:

1) The Marsist
2) Dead Man's Curve
3) Manitoba
4) End Of Miles
5) Rabbit Song
6) Been All Around The World
7) My Terrible Ways
8) I'll Be Blue
9) The Water
10) Superabound
11) Bullet
12) Sing For Joy
13) Fitzgerald
14) Fare The Well
15) Mr. Grieves
Jefrey Posted - 04/17/2006 : 22:36:42
Well, FB management wouldn't approve putting my recording on the podcast, but I think people might still want to hear it. FB once said "tape away" about recoring his shows, so hopefully this isn't a no-no in general.

http://download.yousendit.com/CCF463CD2B099035

Anyone who wants to host it, feel free. I believe Dean has all of these, so maybe he can put it on the FTP.

And to the folks who have asked me about getting a "lossless" quality recording, "not an mp3" - this was recorded at less than average mp3 quality on a voice recorder. Making it a FLAC is not going to improve the sound. For what it is, it's certainly listenable.

Love,
jeffamerica
Jefrey Posted - 03/19/2006 : 17:01:14
I heard maybe a song or two will appear in a FB.net podcast...
Carl Posted - 03/19/2006 : 09:30:36
He did 'Parry'? Shit, I didn't see that.

pas de dutchie!
number 13 Posted - 03/19/2006 : 06:04:07
What about the setlist please?! He really played "I Heard Ramona Sing" and "Parry The Wind High Low"? ... Fucking awesome.

And if the boot circulates, it would be cool to mention it too please.
bonedry Posted - 03/15/2006 : 09:01:06
yeah that was me. i had a good time. gotta quit drinking.
tedbra Posted - 03/15/2006 : 08:35:01
Oh man, thank god Frank stopped Sing For Joy so drunk guy would shut up. What an awesome little show! I will be there tonight!
Jefrey Posted - 03/15/2006 : 02:35:33
Bootlegs, eh?

I captured the 3/14 show for the most part. Great show! Taped from the crowd, but pretty decent since he played a lot of new/quiet stuff and the crowd was very attentive and into it! An enthusiastic but super drunk guy wanted to sing along, and he wasn't in tune for a couple of songs. But I'll get the 3/4 of the how that you would want to hear up somewhere as soon as I can.

EDF was standing in the crowd right behind me and my wife for the first half of the show. Cool! I recognized him but didn't bother him (or let him know I was taping ;)

-jeffamerica
Carl Posted - 03/15/2006 : 02:07:34
quote:
Originally posted by bertrandom

That was fucking awesome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bertrandom/sets/72057594082564026/

Nice one!

You guys are so lucky!

pas de dutchie!
Mickey Posted - 03/15/2006 : 01:38:35
oh man, Frank Black is back! If you can remember the way the shows were back when the Pixies reunion was never, ever going to happen in a million years, well, that's kind of how this show was. I'm not even going to try and recount the entire setlist because is was long (but I noticed someone in the front row writing it down,so we should have it soon), but man was it ever incredible. Frank seemed to be rusty on many songs, clearly strugling to remember lyrics and ending songs short, ommiting verses (understandable, I think, and didn't really take away from the show at all). Every album (except Devil's Workshop) was represented. I started seeing Frank right before Dog in the Sand came out and I have seen him somewhere between 15 and 20 times since and he played several songs I've never heard live before (Men In Black (also played the Marsist from COR), I Heard Ramona Sing, Back To Rome, Parry the Wind High Low). Only two Pixies songs (a sort of Chicago blues style Cactus and encore Mr. Grieves). He was joined on stage by Eric Drew Feldman in the later half of the set. The crowd was really into it, cheering loudly for many songs. Everyone seemed happy to have Frank back in this kind of venue. the "yo soy un Pistolero" bit in Western Star was a particular crowd pleaser, as was "Got me down" in Headache. Not as many Honeycomb songs as I thought there would be, but what he did play was awesome, the new songs were really great as well, one called Dead Man's Curve was a real standout. Sorry about the scattered review here, but I'm both really tired and very excited. I can't wait for tommorow's show.

-Mickey
vilainde Posted - 03/15/2006 : 00:41:03
nice curtain!

Denis

I love Guitar Wolf from the Erath!
bertrandom Posted - 03/15/2006 : 00:32:09
That was fucking awesome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bertrandom/sets/72057594082564026/
tedbra Posted - 03/14/2006 : 17:11:47
Whiskeyshoes, I usually don't have a problem. Usually takes me like 5 minutes to find something. Try on 15th next to the gas station across the street from CDN. There's like 12 spots in a row there so you might get lucky. Cheers! Rock and Roll!
Mickey Posted - 03/14/2006 : 15:49:10
quote:
Originally posted by Whiskeyshoes

quote:
Originally posted by tedbra

I live directly across the street from Cafe Du Nord(i'm looking at it out my window) and I got tix to both shows. What do you guys think about cocktails at my place and then walk over on Wednesday. Let me know.

Tedbra, is there a decent place to park around CDN? That whole lower Market area is a total cluster

Thanks,
WS

It's hard as hell to find parking there. I usually end up going on quite a walk. See You there.

-Mickey
Whiskeyshoes Posted - 03/14/2006 : 14:48:00
quote:
Originally posted by tedbra

I live directly across the street from Cafe Du Nord(i'm looking at it out my window) and I got tix to both shows. What do you guys think about cocktails at my place and then walk over on Wednesday. Let me know.

Tedbra, is there a decent place to park around CDN? That whole lower Market area is a total cluster

Thanks,
WS
tedbra Posted - 03/13/2006 : 19:07:39
pants Posted - 03/11/2006 : 15:41:17
Alex_Heart_Kim,

if that works, that's so great.

Alex_Heart_Kim Posted - 03/11/2006 : 11:31:17
fucking 21 and over rule. im having my mother call the venue, they've let me in before.

--------------------

He bought everyone indian food!
MikeW Posted - 03/10/2006 : 20:40:51
we are going to weds show. does anyone on here have the new record other than me ?
Brackish Posted - 03/10/2006 : 15:38:31
Wednesday is sold out. Looks like tickets are still available for Tuesday...for now.

I don't post often enough to need a signature.
redwoodtree Posted - 03/10/2006 : 15:12:28
I just talked to the venue and actually cameras are allowed, no flash.

YAY
Brackish Posted - 03/10/2006 : 11:50:25
Not only would that walk be long and possibly dirty, it would be up Russain Hill, down Russian Hill, up Nob Hill, and down Nob Hill. And when a hill is big enough to be officially named, it's usually not something you want walk up and down too much. : ) See you guys there!

redwoodtree Posted - 03/10/2006 : 11:08:28
Walk from Fisherman Wharf to Market Street?? Nooo, you don't want to do that walk. Take a cab, or, take the street car down the embarcadero to market, then take a street car down market to just north of van ness.

It's a long, dirty walk.
bonedry Posted - 03/10/2006 : 11:05:26
it's a lttle bar, restaraunt, club below street level. supposedly pretty chill. i think the f wharf isn't too far from there. general admish for sheezy
MikeW Posted - 03/10/2006 : 10:34:20
so it looks like I am meeting my friend at the Hilton Fisherman Wharf. How far is that from the venue? Can I walk there? Whats the scene there? is it general admish?
MikeW Posted - 03/09/2006 : 12:57:59
I am going too!!!!!
Brackish Posted - 03/09/2006 : 09:27:49
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

I'll be playing my own show next door, at the Cafe Du Nerd.

pas de dutchie!

Every cafe I enter instantly becomes Cafe du Nerd.

Daisy Girl Posted - 03/07/2006 : 17:54:08
quote:
Originally posted by scruvs

main fb.net page ticketweb.com has the tickets.

http://frankblack.net/news/#308

thanks it was nestled in there and I didn't notice. teaches me better.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000