Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

franktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  16:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A "final podcast"? That sounds depressing and final. Are you in need of Frank Black stuff to put on a podcast?

[quote]Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Brian and I have been trying to get together but for obvious reasons he is a busy man and for less obvious reasons, I am, too. Still, if nothing else I will promise one final podcast with more rambling than you could dare dream for. It will be released when it is ready.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  04:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brian will share them on the next podcast. :P Mine are just that I am on the road two weeks of every month it seems. Currently in Costa Rica and flying to Honduras tonight for the next two weeks then home for a couple weeks and off to Brazil as an example.

Which I hope isn't our final one, too, franktaper... I really do enjoy recording them with Brian but as it is we can't even seem to get together to catch up on Skype much less plan the next show.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  11:59:49  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're either a pilot or you've been travelling for the past how many years. You sure do get around. I cross counties, you cross continents..
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  12:56:39  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No such thing as the final podcast
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  18:11:33  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everything is very good but very busy. Brian is now a papa. That makes podcast time hard to find and I'm not exactly Mr. Free time either...

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  05:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if Frank can put out albums being a poppa Brian can suck it up and do a podcast.

the fans are tired of excuses. i'm going to light a fire under your asses
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  14:55:50  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm honoured that you are a fan, floop. I never suspected...

OK, I will tell Brian that enough is enough. We certainly have enough material to cover...

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  19:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm a fan too! and congrats broken face!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"...long live snitz!!
Go to Top of Page

badronald
- FB Fan -

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  18:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been relistening to all the shows from the beginning and I just have to say I'm digging them even more the second time around. They hold up well; especially the live cuts and rare tracks; I forgot some of the gems you guys unearthed. Thanks for all the work you put into these.

- br
Go to Top of Page

unsomnambulist
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  13:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I concur

--u----n---s----0---m---n---a-B-u---l-i-s--t-
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  13:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mac E. Doobage

Any word on podcast?

Usually many words
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  19:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no podcast = pussying out

green star member since 2006. smb?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  13:59:36  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
May I suggest listening to the first 49 podcasts? By the time you get through, 50 will be released.

Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  16:35:53  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have 2 days!
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  16:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dusty Beef
Go to Top of Page

TEARNECET
- FB Fan -

23 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  14:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<SPAM Removed>

Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  22:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shut it buddy

20th Anniversary Tour; Teenager Of The Year: Live and Complete - Coming Soon in 2014 to your favorite venue!
Go to Top of Page

Solidgld
- FB Fan -

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  23:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any chance of the podcast starting up again?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2013 :  09:26:39  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
<crickets>

Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2952 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  01:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

Well, the MOST controversial thing was the statement
that the best post Frank Black song was Don't Get
Me Wrong, which is on an album that gave us a peak
at Dead Man's Curve.

DMC is a great song, and the best version of that song is on Christmass (not a fan of the drum work on any of the live versions - i feel it kills the momentum - the chugging acoustic guitar line by FB is minimized with the full band), but DGMW, i still feel, is a stronger, more interesting song that, so far, has never been played live, unlike DMC which has been dusted off solo acoustic, w/ the EDF/Billy Block/Duane Jarvis band, the 93-03 band and the Bluefinger band.

I'm also a big fan of Reid Paley, especially as a lyricist, so that might be part of my bias towards it as well.

- Brian

Is this still true, that DGMW has never been played live?
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1221 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  02:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just looked at the Sticky and noticed that the announcement of the first podcast was in 2006! I can't believe that. I would have swore they started before the Pixies reformed. Seems like a different age.
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1066 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2023 :  09:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The podcasts are now on Google Podcasts for anyone interested. I never listened to them back in the day (blasphemy!) something to do with technology not knowing what to do with the RS reader...anyway I'm glad they're easily accessible and enjoying them. Belated thanks Brian and Dean.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000