Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  20:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian, thanks for the podcasts back in April. I hadn't had a chance to listen to them until last week as I drove cross-country to Fla...Nothing like listening to some new FB in the middle of Louisiana, hearing Massif Centrale off Christmass for the first time (I bought it immediately upon returning home). Great stuff. Thanks for all the time and effort you guys put into making those things. They are really superb, and I only look forward to the time when you two may be able to get some more going.

I'd rather be anywhere or doing anything
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2007 :  23:14:32  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had this thought yesterday, does it have to be Brian or Dean?

If someone (not me) had some initiative and ability to respect the rules, they could record bits and send them to someone (not me) with a bit of production experience, then the project could be approved by Brian.

It could be a little mini-series.

Let people be volunteered.

(Truly yours, the uninitiated)

Edited by - hammerhands on 09/01/2007 23:17:52
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  20:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sackel
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
910 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  18:21:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know the you two are busy, but is there any hope of future podcasts?
Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  13:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that FB.net podcast was mentioned in Portugal's most respected daily journal: Público. The story was about podcasts and they mentioned a bunch of sites that have them. Frankblack.net was one of them, they talk how some artists/fans use podcasts, rather than Myspace to spread the word.. And they seemed kind of pissed about the lack of new updates since April (?)... So yeah, Brian and Dean... everyone is waiting for future podcasts.
Go to Top of Page

Pete Egress
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  11:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've listened to the old ones about 5+ times each already--and they still hold up after many listens.
That being said...

we sure would love more. :)
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  11:54:11  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More will happen. Once Dean is settled and i've settled down, we'll be back with more. I miss doing them greatly, but there are only so many hours in the day.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  12:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
velvety, thanks for passing along that great news.

Enjoy the wedding and honeymood and settling in to married life, Brian. We'll be here happy to listen when you and Dean return to podcasting. (Which makes it sound like it's you and Dean getting married...but you know what I mean.)

Happy hearts fall from my shaking hands

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  00:32:10  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Married to Brian?? I WISH!

<awkward silence>

The big day is getting close, my friend! Hope it's all going well in the preparation dept. Best of luck with the final week.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  07:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kathryn, Deaner. The last week is going well, except i'm apparently developing a cold. NO! So i'm taking it easy today/tomorrow (half day today, day off tomorrow) and hopefully i'll be in ship shape come Wednesday.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  18:20:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brian, I'm around if you are.

Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  12:09:59  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great news guys!
Go to Top of Page

darkoutsider
= Cult of Ray =

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  23:26:20  Show Profile  Visit darkoutsider's Homepage  Click to see darkoutsider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was looking for the The King Holds Court thread to post this, but maybe I'll get a quicker response on here. It's a question that's directed at Mr. and Mrs. Thompson who I'll be seeing live in two weeks (sahweet!).

What size shirts do you wear? My fiance and I want to make silk screen shirts for you guys, because we just got some silk screening material and we're just itching to try it. We wanted to make some for you two and your two kids. Matching shirts awwww :-).

If anyone else knows the answer to this question it'll be greatly appreciated. If not then we'll just guess.

Oh and theonecontender... what's the the great news?

~*The first one's always free.*~
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  00:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yo dummy, I'm gonna estimate on this one. 1 XL, 1 L, 2 Med... Where you been gigmaster?!?!

ed. and I think there are 4 1/2 kids technically, so make that 4 med

f(x) = ex

Edited by - Little Black Francis on 10/04/2007 00:09:27
Go to Top of Page

darkoutsider
= Cult of Ray =

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  09:58:18  Show Profile  Visit darkoutsider's Homepage  Click to see darkoutsider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Damn Charles has 4 kids already? Jesus... he's been busy lol.

~*The first one's always free.*~
Go to Top of Page

Bohemoth
- FB Fan -

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  12:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was Just wondering if Brian got the pack of stuff for Podcasts? I've never Heard Back From Him.
Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  04:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What, no new Podcast?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  18:21:01  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, my laptop was stolen and that sort of screwed us over a bit. We'll get to them eventually, I swear...

Go to Top of Page

Mac E. Doobage
= Cult of Ray =

503 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  04:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hurry ewp.
Go to Top of Page

pmjk
- FB Fan -

Ireland
92 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  03:58:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have the next podcast ready to go?
Will it include the Brownies song from Tim and Eric Awesome Show?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  07:25:24  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The next podcast will be a workout podcast, but with our server issues, Dean has been busy. Very very busy.

Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  12:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listening to it. Cool as usual, thank you guys.

And yeah, FMRM's second disc is way better.
Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  12:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Double post

Edited by - velvety on 03/28/2009 04:56:58
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1592 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  14:59:50  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not without schedule, just cleverly unpredictably timed.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  01:16:45  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like Punk Rock City!

-cult-of-ray-wassabee-
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  01:16:54  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like I Love Your Brain!

-cult-of-ray-wassabee-

Edited by - pot on 05/16/2009 01:32:25
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  01:36:09  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blast off! Are you guys daft?

-cult-of-ray-wassabee-
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  02:45:26  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Test PiIot Blues, in fact most of Bluefinger has become skipper for me now.

-cult-of-ray-wassabee-
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  03:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
back to rome?! this is blasphemous! i can't take this anymore! where's the workout podcast?!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"...long live snitz!!
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  05:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok...i've calmed down bit...sometimes to open your mind and think outside of the box you have to get out of the box...so i left the confines of the computer desk and went for a jog....here's some ramblings (attn: spoiler alert).

i must start off by saying i really enjoy these podcasts....i like the unscripted banter...are you sure you don't have a team of writers?!...i really like the comments about the moth turning into a butterfly..then back to a moth....sometimes i hear a song at a show and it gives it a fresh new perspective..same with hearing a song in a different environment...just like "how you went so far"..didn't do much for me...but then hearing it on the podcast! i must say i quite enjoy it now...

but then...competely out of left field! ATOM IN MY HEART!! YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Is your mind gone?
Are you dog tired?
Do you feel like it can't get no worse?
I'm a big guy, can we try this?
I will be the whole universe
and you'll be the center
You'll burn inside me like a star
An atom in my heart
An atom in my heart

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!...so i didn't listen to the rest of the podcast....maybe another day..

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  06:50:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hahahahahaha, that's great. I'd say sorry to stir you up, but that was sort of the intent. :)

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  14:04:29  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Three comments:

1) One of my favorite podcasts ever. I had a great time arguing with Dean and his flagrant rape of good taste.

2) I meant to say "caterpillar into a butterfly" but i'm a goon who doesn't understand nature.

3) I'm sorry Mr. Bru - but i'm not that sorry.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  00:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worked better with moth proving you must be more intuitive about nature than you think. That podcast was like the moth among the butterflies of all your other podcasts. FYI I'm no longer skipping Punk Rock City either. Well done guys.

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  02:55:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

Three comments:

1) One of my favorite podcasts ever. I had a great time arguing with Dean and his flagrant rape of good taste.

very well said.

quote:

3) I'm sorry Mr. Bru

- Brian

i accept your apology.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  07:13:46  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Re: Atom in My Heart. I don't really hate the song, but I think it's symptomatic of the genericness of that whole album. I have listened to the album as a whole so little that I had to almost randomly choose. Actually, I'm not sure why I didn't end up picking Lone Child, that was my first reaction and then I think Brian and I had a discussion and I decided to pick something else.

A quick glance at Honeycomb: Obviously I wouldn't skip Selkie Bride. I Burn Today has grown on me. Lone Child is pretty generic but at least it has that driving bass line I guess. Another Velvet Nightmare probably could've been my choice for skipping on that album too. Probably should've. Dark End of the Street is disqualified from selection as is Song of the Shrimp and SSMVGD. Go Find Your Saint has potential. Strange Goodbye: any song that could make me feel the way this one did cannot be skipped. The title track has a little bit of mystique to it that I can't put my finger on. I know a lot of people dislike it, but I think there's something to that one. My Life is in Storage, not bad. Sing for Joy is obviously not skippable. And for those with a copy of the Japanese release, Atlantis is both a cover (so disqualified) and great.

As for now liking Punk Rock City, I wish I could say the same. I can't. But as always the hope with the podcast is to get people listening to songs they might be missing and dissect those same songs so I'm happy that it had a positive effect for you.

And I don't often skip anything on the brown album, but I think Back to Rome is pretty overrated but it more often than not falls under the needle.

If we had done Grand Duchy, I would've skipped Black Suit. If we had done the Pixies I'd be hard pressed to pick any song to skip. Maybe Silver, I used to skip that all the time, until, in fact, Mike Disanto's cover of it made me see that song in a different light. I now love it in a unique way.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000