Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  07:46:33  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Damn, it seems the comments on the site were deleted.

http://www.bestandworst.com/r/205.htm

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  07:57:07  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Ah, that brings fond memories of the "Stupidest person on Earth" poll and the comments that went along... "It was the best of times, it was Asterid's His Kingly Cave".

I can't say I hated the Elvis vocals. They were fun. At the risk of being banned, I'd say the worst part was the keyboard solo.

Denis

Heh, well that was supposed to be a guitar solo but Mike got busy and deadlines loomed. I like it, but then, I would...

The comments going missing sucks, that was the best part about that. Now I'm just stupid and nobody knows why. Still, it's a thrill to see my clear dominance over Bush.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Go to Top of Page

houstonguthrie
- FB Fan -

187 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  16:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cult_Of_Frank

I have nothing profound to say except THANKS - the podcasts and the website and the forum are all awesome. You guys do a great job and we sure appreciate it. I love the interviews. I never heard so many of them before I ventured on here - from your own podcasts plus the radio shows that other members put up on here. You are oh so correct when you say that it is an exciting time to be a Frank Black fan - and this website/forum is such an endless source of great material - with all the interviews, downloads, information, and the occasional post by the man himself. I like coming on every other day or so and checking into the "live" section of the forum to see what people are saying and posting about the man as he is on the road doing his thing. There is always something new up - like just today I found a new link to yet another radio interview that I haven't heard yet. As a musician I hold Frank up in the highest regard - and it's great to find a place where there are so many other people that recognize his greatness. It's about the only place where you can find people recognizing the greatness of the man outside of his work with the Pixies. I love the Pixies - they were awesome - but Frank's work as a solo artist in my opinion eclispses that by FAR - and when you take both in together as a whole - well, who the hell else are you going to compare him to? You have to put him right up there with the all time greats. The exciting thing is that even with this great volume of material already under his wing, he's right now smack dab in the middle of his prime and likely to give us sooo much more in the years to come. Thanks for giving us all that recognize this a forum.
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  17:09:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen, houstonguthrie. And yeah, I wonder, are we right in the midst of the Frank Black golden age? Is this not a GREAT time to be a fan? My only worries with Frank Black are: 1) He'll finally run out of great material; and 2) He'll become wildly popular with the masses. I don't see either happening, though.

I could not find my honeycomb.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  19:50:36  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, thanks houstonguthrie. I wish I could take all the credit but there are many volunteers and others who endeavour to bring us all the latest news.

Still, your thanks is very appreciated and I'm glad the site is still of use and providing a community for that oh-so-rare person with excellent taste. Really, these sorts of messages help keep us motivated, so thanks to you too.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  13:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://gimmetinnitus.blogspot.com/2006/11/frankblacknet-podcast-18.html

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  13:51:32  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very cool! Thanks for the link Carl.

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  03:46:49  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brian/Dean, out of curiosity, can you say who won the chance to go meet fB in Canada?

congrats to whoever, and have a blast!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  08:04:27  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure, we had several winners - from the forums Fumanbru, SpeedyM, and Crispy. People that don't seem to have an account but listen to the podcast were John V and Allison H.

Frog in the Sand also won but he's not going to make it over. :(

Should be a nice little group.

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  01:14:30  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds fun. Poor Frog. So close yet so far.

Edited by - fbc on 11/06/2006 01:39:56
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  20:34:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
always love the podcasts. you guys do an excellent job... really apprecaite it

at least that's what your mom said
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  12:39:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Floop, really. Glad you enjoy it.

Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  15:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Front page of the Podcast section of the US/Canada iTunes store!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  08:53:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's pretty awesome. Would explain the record traffic this month, too. The previous record was almost 12000/month (with four months very close to that number). Halfway through November and with only 140 downloads of episode 19 so far and we're at 15,359.

We're now sitting at 98599 downloads all-time. I expect we'll break 100,000 downloads with podcast 19. I guess we'll have to have a special December for you folks. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  17:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I download #100,000, do I get 10 free iPods, 10,000 iTunes songs, and a call from Steve Jobs?

Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  15:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn those Catholics rocked. Nice open to #19.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  17:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You may, Coastline, you may. :) If we get 100,000 downloads (and we actually passed it on the 16th) do we get a party thrown in our honour? Cake? Gifts? Shrines?

And yeah, I love those Catholics, but FB's not done rocking as you will see in 20...

Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  04:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Ah, that brings fond memories of the "Stupidest person on Earth" poll and the comments that went along... "It was the best of times, it was Asterid's His Kingly Cave".

I can't say I hated the Elvis vocals. They were fun. At the risk of being banned, I'd say the worst part was the keyboard solo.

Denis

Heh, well that was supposed to be a guitar solo but Mike got busy and deadlines loomed. I like it, but then, I would...

The comments going missing sucks, that was the best part about that. Now I'm just stupid and nobody knows why. Still, it's a thrill to see my clear dominance over Bush.

Happy memories for me too - some comments are still pasted in the archived thread (sorry for derailing the podcast thread):

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=4441

"I thought that I had reached bedrock, but I had yet to reach Birmingham..."
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  19:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um, where's Podcast 20?

Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  20:14:13  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, where?
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  23:05:54  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Podcast 20 will be out Monday, for reasons apparent when you are through listening to #20

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  08:39:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sunday, Brian, Sunday (check the calendar).

I actually thought of leaving it just to see if people would even notice. :)

I'll be uploading soon. There's a lot of talking in this one, even with some serious editing down of some of my favourite parts. But I think you'll find it worth it for the music...

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  09:05:28  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, it's uploading and I'm listening at the same time.

They are so $%## awesome!

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  10:02:55  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, it's now up.

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  09:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dean and Brian. Podcast 20 is a serious treat. You are very generous to go to all this effort to bring us FB fans the juice.

That version of "Nadine" just plain blows me away. It captures the essence of the song better than any version ever. You know, I think the only version I don't like so much is the album version. I think it fails to convey the obsession the singer has with the object of his desires.

Anyway, I'm guessing the next few mini-podcasts will be more from the Saskatoon show. Is that right? And as good forum members (as opposed to your podcasting roles), are you going to eventually share the whole show as a regular bootleg?

Edited by - coastline on 12/04/2006 09:02:52
Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  10:41:32  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd love to hear that entire show. I'm sure everyone else would as well. It's one of few if not only the only SBD recordings the tour.Please?

Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  10:51:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was probably the best podcast yet. So much fantastic stuff in there! Incredible. You guys are amazing.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  11:03:05  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad you enjoyed it, but I think the awesomeness that is Suffering has been overlooked here. :)

A version of the entire show will eventually be available, but for the moment we don't want to detract from Christmass, and, as you can imagine, it's a lot of time to mix and balance three separate recordings into one master.

I suppose podcast 20 would've been a good one to ask for those so inclined to send a donation our way (it was an expensive podcast to make). But then we talked too much on there as it was. :) I should thank everyone that has donated to the Friends of FB.Net Club, however. It really does make stuff like Brian coming to Saskatoon and the two of us putting on an event here possible.

And as always, thanks for the comments. Even though I can see the numbers, it's always nice to get feedback. Any comments on the Crackpot Theory feature?

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  12:17:44  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Episode #20 is simply great awesome admirable. One couldn't imagine a better introduction to "Christmass", and even to the Man probably. Stunning how you still manage to surprise us - it's almost diabolical :) Health and wealth to you and the King.

-----
BLACKOLERO le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  13:42:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that was GREAT podcast, guys!

And thank you for the heartwarming thoughts you had on behalf of us restworlders, who had to follow this tour from the distance. Much appreciated.

Those songs you played sound really sweet. There is quite a range covered, from Suffering to Sing For Joy, but it's all good.

Looking foreward to #21!
Go to Top of Page

Wee Mac
- FB Fan -

35 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  16:32:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Brian/Dean (and FB + co of course) for another great podcast.

Re 'crack pot theories': I do have one hypothesis regarding the 'radical change' that will occur to one of the two Podcaster's during next season's podcasting, namely that the american, who judging by his increasingly odd behaviour during the last episode will be having a gender change (not sure if its Dean or Brian or perhaps that should be Deanna/Brianna).
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  17:08:36  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, you're on to him (Brianna, that is). :)

Go to Top of Page

Grunty Yodus
- FB Fan -

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  19:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome!!! Just did my 2nd listen to Podcast #20 and there are too many great things to comment on and so little time. Here's a few... Of course hearing Frank from the opening second was fantastic. Then yooz guyz with the "roving reporters" action was classic. It was also great to hear the live stuff as there is so little from this tour and all the cuts took me back to the 2 shows I caught. Can't wait for more.
"Crackpot theories" is going to be a lot of fun and that was great insight into "Do What You Want, G" Great work again and I'll have to re-listen to all the Podcasts to get me through a cold, Podcastless January.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  13:11:53  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It can't be said enough how absolutely fantastic this "Pittsburgh" version is. And no, i am not getting a sex change! Like i could afford such a glamorous surgery on my salary?

Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  13:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forget Pittsburgh ... I can't stop listening to the last three songs on the podcast -- Nadine, I'll Be Blue, Sing for Joy. The vibe that night was amazing. You guys got a real treat at that show. I'm seriously looking forward to hearing more of it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000