hi, new member loves honeycomb
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ralc
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  06:41:57  Show Profile  Visit Ralc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi, just thought i would register to say how much i loved the honeycomb album. If the next album is similar i welcome it .
Ive only recently gotten into his solo stuff after getting 'Frank Black' 'teenager of the year' and 'honeycomb' all of which are superb.

Just out of interest does any of you like mclusky. I'm a huge fan of them (there the reason i started listening to the pixies) is anyone looking forward to the mclusky box set? as i am.

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  06:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome, Ralc. Lots more Frank for you to get into, including a new album on the way! I've never heard Mclusky.

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  08:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carl, if you're going to set up a dupe account, you can do better on new handle than just shuffling the letters in your old handle.

Welcome, Ralc.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  08:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, I didn't see that.

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Ralc
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  13:44:23  Show Profile  Visit Ralc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah my name is carl too i just use this name when im playing online games an stuff.
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  14:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I realize you're probably also Lacr, Rcal, and Arcl. I feel cheated.

Cyberhugs are for pussies.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  18:33:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ralc welcome !!!! Honeycomb rocks doesn't it??

Lately though I have been into Black Letter Days and Dog in the Sand.

Seems like I will get hooked on an album or two and play it all the time and then rotate them around.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  09:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ralc

yeah my name is carl too i just use this name when im playing online games an stuff.

Snap!!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Ralc
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  12:27:54  Show Profile  Visit Ralc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if your interested or board this is a link for a mclusky song, the guys at rathergood.com made a funny kittens video of one of there songs

http://www.rathergood.com/lightsabre/
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  20:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is so cool! I haven't heard them yet. They sound cool and that video is so funny.

Have you seen the Nadine video? It has a cute kitty too!

I don't know where the link is though. Can someone please post it??? Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  20:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mclusky are a great band, saw them at reading 2004.
welcome.

Your mum
Go to Top of Page

Ralc
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  05:01:17  Show Profile  Visit Ralc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no i havent seend the nadine video, ive only seen a snippet of the los angeles video an thats it ive still got alot of franks stuff to discover
Go to Top of Page

Ralc
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  05:03:20  Show Profile  Visit Ralc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow thats great pixieSteve, ive never been to a festival but i have seen mclusky a bunch of times at small venues they were all great
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  06:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great! I didn't think they'd sound so heavy. Sounds like the Beastie Boys doing punk, I like the crunchy, distorted sound!

That guitar playing kit can really lip synch! :D

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  00:43:17  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's 3:42am here. Seeing that Frank was the most recent post is quite breathtaking. I really wanted to drive today. Just go out for a long, long drive. I couldn't, though. Didn't have the time.
Go to Top of Page

theonecontender
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
565 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  09:18:48  Show Profile  Visit theonecontender's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Suggestion: Frank + McLusky = Schwarma.

That would be bad ass.
Go to Top of Page

Otherfellers
- FB Fan -

Ireland
87 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  13:31:46  Show Profile  Click to see Otherfellers's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
McLusky did totally rock. Cokemachineglow.com have a great review up of their retrospective release McLuskyism (A-sides, B-sides, and C-sides), which even includes a dig at the guy who reviewed it for pitchfork.

http://www.cokemachineglow.com/reviews/mclusky_mcluskyism2006.html

Seriously, they should've been huge. I blame NME. And Thatcher, and The Daily Mail.
Go to Top of Page

Franks taco
- FB Fan -

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  20:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fuck McLusky, they cant hold a candle next to Creed!!

Id like to see a kitty spread his "arms" wide open!

Edited by - Franks taco on 03/03/2006 22:11:21
Go to Top of Page

spunXtain
= Cult of Ray =

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  20:00:14  Show Profile  Click to see spunXtain's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Holy shit.. Mclusky is awesome... thanks guys! This rocks!

--
Go to Top of Page

Teafer
- FB Fan -

90 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  01:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me i am pretty skeptical on mclusky, heard their dodallas lp and really find it hard to stand for more than five songs in a row. i mean some songs/lyrics are pretty good ("your mother is a ball point pen htief", that's great) but this is so ... fucking old. i mean comme on this 2006 and can anyone tell me what's in there that jawbox didn't do back in 1991? these guys they play hardcore minimalist punk rock that hasn't got the melody added value of the pixies/husker du and add nothing at all to jawbox's novelty (which i find a superunderestimated band and record).
So yeah, mc lusky. let's say i am getting too old for this in your face angular punk rock stuff. going back to "friends" and pet souds i guess.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000