chicago independent music stores how i love thee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TarTar
* Dog in the Sand *

1965 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  11:01:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was able to spend some time in chicago the last couple days. for the first time ever i had money to blow at reckless records, which has always had everything i needed whenever i've looked but i didn't have the $. we don't even have an independent records store in kalamazoo anymore so... you can imagine the pain i experience. i picked up an ep by robert pollard called "bubble" which features songs that will be in the next Soderbergh film. got a couple of Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 CDs, I Hope It Lands and Funeral Pudding. Finally, Archers of Loaf "All the Nation's Airports," which has THE most clever way of listing it's tracks EVER! on one side of the track title, there is a column labeled "arrival" and on the other side, "departure," and so track one arrives at 0:00 and departs at 1:47, then track two arrives at 1:48. get it!?! awesome.

could've gone apeshit on so much more but had to withhold. found vinyl by Squeeze, Wire, Pixies, GBV, Velvet Underground, so much more... oh!

Let 'em riot. We're Sonic-fuckin'-Death Monkey.

Edited by - TarTar on 01/19/2006 11:28:13

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  07:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember when I was working in Holland, the cool record shops over there...such a childlike thrill to dig up stuff I couldn't normally find!!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000