Physicist says WTC Towers demolished w/ explosives
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  06:30:53  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Steven E. Jones of the department of Physics and Astronomy in Brigham Young Utah:

http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html

--

Buy your best friend flowers. Buy your lover a beer. Covet thy father. Covet thy neighbour's father. Honour thy lover's beer. Covet thy neighbour's father's wife's sister. Take her to bingo night.

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  07:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i heard the first plane hit and saw the second. joined others and watched as the fire grew in both buildings. stood on Church street when the south tower collapsed and walked north on green street when the north tower followed. as i remember the ultimate end of those two gigantic office spaces i can only think of one thing that caused such total devastation, www.civil.usyd.edu.au/wtc.htm
hate.
Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  12:51:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite conspiracy theories:
Dinosauroid-like Alien Reptiles are dominating the World
Apollo 11 Moon Landings were faked by NASA
September 11 was orchestrated by the U. S. government
Barcodes are really intended to Control people
Charlemagne never existed, is a fictional character
The Truth is out there, on Area 51
Microsoft sends messages on Wingdings Font
U.S. military caused the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami
The Nazis had a Moon Base
Kentucky Fried Chicken makes black men impotent

Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  03:07:18  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Funny when you offer theories, people line up to say they don´t agree but when you offer a physical thesis it gets all quiet.

--

Buy your best friend flowers. Buy your lover a beer. Covet thy father. Covet thy neighbour's father. Honour thy lover's beer. Covet thy neighbour's father's wife's sister. Take her to bingo night.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  03:43:09  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's because I don't have to time to read it
especially the page you mentioned
I rather talk about FB because that's something I think I understand

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  03:45:58  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Easy tiger you only posted it yesterday. Give us a chance!
Go to Top of Page

lonely persuader
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
488 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  04:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very little science and alot of "they said" and "he said"... and funnily enough is it to be published in "Research in Political Economy", should it not be in some civil engineering journal if that is the case..
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  06:07:21  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
bunk

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  07:04:21  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Owen, I'm sorry but it's not a thesis or a paper it is one guys opinion. I could put a theory online and have people source it but it wouldn't make it true. It doesn't read like a paper would even. Hs conclusions don't follow his facts very well and I don't honestly see what the point is.

OK, point 1:I'm no physicist but the focus on "molten metal" doesn't read right. He states that molten metal was observed and then states that the temperature of the fire would not be enough to melt steel. However in the middle of this he clearly states that "Scientific analysis would be needed to ascertain the actual composition of the molten metal". If it is not known what the molten substance is, and it is reported as looking like iron or steel could it not be possible that it was another substance that was observed? Without analysis of what the substance actually is all further points about the melting temperature and environment for metals is invalid and pointless. Analysis from unproven photographs is no analysis at all.

I'm struggling to read this though; the bolded emphasis don't make it easy at all.

OK so point 2 refers to a peer reviewed paper which is here: http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Biederman/Biederman-0112.html

this peer reviewed paper is a letter stating intent more than anything. the title is INITIAL investigation, I'm looking to see if this was further investigated by this group and if there conclusions were the same. If they are, then I would question why this physicist is not using this as evidence rather than this bref letter. In the same issue of this journal there is another article: http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html which also covers why the world trade centre collapsed, this contains other theories as to why the tower collapsed.

I'm not going to bother rebutting all 17 points as he suggests, but you catch my drift I hope? You can't really put too much faith into these online articles you know. Peer reviewed journals have a lot more weight to them but if you suspect that these articles you find have a semblance of truth to them the only way you can find that out is to take the time to look into every one of the so called facts it presents.

So yeah, bunk.

Edited by - starmekitten on 01/20/2006 07:14:33
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  07:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Newo, what do you think of videos like loose change?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2023320890224991194&q=loose+change
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5137581991288263801&q=loose+change

(parts one and two i think)

Your mum
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  05:20:40  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I saw the first one. I thought it would be terrible at first cause it seemed a bit glib initially (hiphop beats over the opening footage) but I thought it was the bestwritten of the documentaries I´ve seen, it was all laid out quite concise like.

--

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  11:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Newo, that's a really cool article. Even though I don't always believe every consiracy theory I read, I always find them entertaining and it's always good to get a counterpoint to the mainstream media. Thx!
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  12:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Newo

Funny when you offer theories, people line up to say they don´t agree but when you offer a physical thesis it gets all quiet.

Now I don't have a PHD in Physics, but I read the link and I think it's retarded.

I think danjersey's link is about 102% more accurate.

the Trade center was Two and Half times taller than the tallest building ever demolished To think such a great feat (2 simultaneous great feats) could go off without a hitch AND be coordinated with kamikaze commericial planes, an airforce fighting strategy retired 60 years ago, is even more retarded.

... Childbirth is no more a miracle than eating food and a turd coming out of your ass.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  12:39:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here's a load of conspiracy therories including the one here http://www.answers.com/topic/9-11-conspiracy-theories if you're bored and feel like wasting brain cells

In all fairness, you should start a thread for the 04 Madrid train bombings too

... Childbirth is no more a miracle than eating food and a turd coming out of your ass.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  13:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool thanks LBF for saving me from myself. I just ordered two horoscopes. Your site is much more productive.
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  13:14:30  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

In all fairness, you should start a thread for the 04 Madrid train bombings too

What for? One suspect was already arrested with the phone number of the Guardia Civil bombsquad chiefs private phone number in his pocket, so the cat is already out of the bag with respect to trusting the security services over here. then again, we don´t have quite so many Pancake Theorists to contend with as in Englishspeaking countries.

--

Edited by - Newo on 01/21/2006 13:21:24
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  14:19:15  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't argue with Tre about exploding buildings. Do you know how many times she's watched The Towering Inferno?

I have joined the Cult Of Frank/And I have dearly paid
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  15:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's a pancake theorist? Anything to do with the people that showed in 2004 that Kansas in fact is flatter than a pancake?

While we're on it what's a physical thesis?
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  02:13:42  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I meant ´thesis´ in the nonacademic sense, which I take to mean someone´s opinion. And ´physical´ should have read ´physics´ but my ranting got in the way.

Pancake Theory is named after FEMA report of May 2002 (http://www.fema.gov/library/wtcstudy.shtm) showing in a couple of diagrams: a fire, a floor falling down onto the floor beneath it breaking the joints holding it up and those floors falling into the one below and so on, creating a stack of floors in the base of the tower.

--

Edited by - Newo on 01/22/2006 02:15:51
Go to Top of Page

Monsieur
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1688 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  11:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's get physical!

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  07:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2023320890224991194&q=loose+change
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5137581991288263801&q=loose+change

I just saw the first video link.
Wow...
It's the best assembled evidence I've seen.
What now?
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  07:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
btw i think the second link is the "second edition" - mostly the same stuff but perhaps with a few additions/omissions and jiggled about

Your mum
Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  07:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, thats what it looks like
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  07:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk

What now?

now you sit on your bum and have internet arguments with those who believe the official story.

Your mum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000