New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  16:10:16  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well it looks at if us Australians have missed out on a Pixies tour again. The Aussies are amongst the biggest supporters of the Pixies, Frank Black and the Breeders, and this is the thanks we get. Thanks for nothing guys, good luck with whatever it is you do in the future coz I for one won't be buying it.

hWolsky
= Cult of Ray =

France
696 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  17:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah! Boycott the Pixies!!

and kill all the remaining Aborigenes!!

Yoh man! (with Australian accent)

Muriel President!!

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  17:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you sure it was cancelled??

Check out http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14336

Read Cult of Frank's post on 1/3/06. From that, looks like it was still on.

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 01/04/2006 17:27:55
Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  20:22:29  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Inside word is they snubbed us, turned down summer festivals, etc.
Ah well, guess they're yesterday's news anyway. And hWolsky, your racist comments are uncalled for. With that attitude it is no suprise you Frenchies are having race riots.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  20:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, hWolsky, obciously your kiddin' around, but it is a little tasteless.

Surely they'll change there mind about this at some stage?

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  21:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently Australia lacks the financial wherewithal to provide the lucrative windfall the Pixies so richly demand. C'mon Australia, up the ante! Maybe a telethon or a national VAT increase can raise the cash for a lump sum retainer to Pixies Incorporated. Roll out the red carpet and caviar and maybe they'll even play a new song or two.

Cyberhugs are for pussies.
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  22:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys should really think about moving your continent closer to the rest of the world. Stop bein' all coy down there and join the party for christs' sake!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  22:26:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HeywoodJablome

You guys should really think about moving your continent closer to the rest of the world. Stop bein' all coy down there and join the party for christs' sake!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  23:24:27  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BLT

Apparently Australia lacks the financial wherewithal to provide the lucrative windfall the Pixies so richly demand. C'mon Australia, up the ante! Maybe a telethon or a national VAT increase can raise the cash for a lump sum retainer to Pixies Incorporated. Roll out the red carpet and caviar and maybe they'll even play a new song or two.

Hey our national radio station had a petition to bring them out, and it got thousands of signatures. Tours to oz ARE very lucrative. We get all the bands here, from the Beatles in 64 to Franz Ferdinand in 06, and we pack the gigs out. Ah well, whatever the reason, I'm sure its a load of shit. I guess I'll just download some crappy reunion dvd or something.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  00:37:37  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well maybe we just couldn't provide the amounts of money the other places can.
it is a long way to come for gigs, and obviously the guys can make lots more money staying in ths states or popping over to europe.
unfortunately thats the way business goes.
is sad though.
however, when bands do make the effort, they are usually very richly rewarded.
i remember going to two sleater-kinney gigs in auckland, new zealand in 2002 where they remarked that the crowd was amazing compared to what they play to in the states, and made the gigs two of their greatest....
and it cured my hearing loss too!

maybe they'll come in a few years when all the hype has died down and they're back in nowhere's land....

Join the Cult of Fat!
Go to Top of Page

hWolsky
= Cult of Ray =

France
696 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  00:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helmut

Ah well, guess they're yesterday's news anyway. And hWolsky, your racist comments are uncalled for. With that attitude it is no suprise you Frenchies are having race riots.

-your lauding boycot is your expression of a poor national pride.
-you have no humour or too coward to have some.
-you dare call me a racist then you say blabla things about Frenchies like a good old narrow minded colon.

What the hell you know about so called race riots that only happened for a couple of days in poor suburbs where people are fed with shitty TV opinions and demonstration ???

I'm afraid YOU are hopeless. ANd that's what I expressed in my initial post.

Your childlish reaction is THE RAGE OF CALIBAN RECOGNIZING HIS FACE IN THE MIRROR!!

I have nothing personal against you Helmut. There is nothing personal on a silly forum and to a larger extent on the net. WE are words and lame opinions, badly written under a silly name.

'When you walk on shit, don't complain it smells around'.

French 'racist' quote.

I used to live in a backwater and you know what? I moved!

Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  01:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Give us a break, will you?

If that's any consolation to Australians, I will be in Sydney next Monday...

Okay, I thought not.

--> FREE MUSIC <--
Go to Top of Page

hWolsky
= Cult of Ray =

France
696 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  01:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Give me a break!!

NERDS!

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  02:13:34  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.pixiesmusic.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9315&st=0

Edited by - fbc on 01/05/2006 02:17:49
Go to Top of Page

Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo
* Dog in the Sand *

1056 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  05:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hWolsky

Give me a break!!

NERDS!

(with Spanish accent)

Oh , you should calm down... You are nervous these days, I know you have some good reasons but why wasting your time answering to people you don't know and don't give a damned sh..? They all think you are arrogant, pretencious even rascist or fascist etc... because you are too frank, because most people are middle of the road and they see you as the car dangerously driving on their road... Because you are talking about reality and they want to hold you responsible for this reality and their own shame. Don't blame them for that. Yes you are ahead, heading for your destiny, your screams hurt the untrained ears, your light blind the so-called eyes...
Don't you have much better things to do right now and tonight and the next day?

Don't you care, all is wind... 24 letters like thousands of needles in their body. In your body.

All is ilusion, I am ilusion
You must not stay here! This is Maya!!

REALITY awaits you.

Kiss me goodbye.
Kiss them goodbye.

++++
Go to Top of Page

Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo
* Dog in the Sand *

1056 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  05:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixies will tour Australia.

++++
Go to Top of Page

hWolsky
= Cult of Ray =

France
696 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  05:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Though I know I am talking to myself I totally agree with you.

I have a duty. They don't want to understand and it is logical otherwise I would not be here. I would not EXIST.

I blow a final kiss to this non-concrete world of words and fake communication.

I now know that I have to think with my heart and feel with my hands.

Please stay here to keep on bugging them all, you'll join me soon... before they follow us.

FAREWELL sweet Prince...

Adieu neuneux!

Go to Top of Page

hWolsky
= Cult of Ray =

France
696 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  05:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixies won't tour Australia!!

Ahah!

Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  08:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...I guess I'll just download some crappy reunion dvd or something.

I'd get DVDs of the old Sha Na Na show instead. They put out just as much relevant, new music as the Pixies.

Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  16:08:52  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hWolsky

quote:

-your lauding boycot is your expression of a poor national pride.
-you have no humour or too coward to have some.
-you dare call me a racist then you say blabla things about Frenchies like a good old narrow minded colon.

What the hell you know about so called race riots that only happened for a couple of days in poor suburbs where people are fed with shitty TV opinions and demonstration ???

I'm afraid YOU are hopeless. ANd that's what I expressed in my initial post.

Your childlish reaction is THE RAGE OF CALIBAN RECOGNIZING HIS FACE IN THE MIRROR!!

I have nothing personal against you Helmut. There is nothing personal on a silly forum and to a larger extent on the net. WE are words and lame opinions, badly written under a silly name.

'When you walk on shit, don't complain it smells around'.

French 'racist' quote.

I used to live in a backwater and you know what? I moved!

Chill dude. You sound as if you have a serious chip on your shoulder. I guess that's what happens when you come from a culturally regressive and xenophobic nation like France. You sound like you need a holiday in the land of milk and honey, come to the Utopian Australia where everyone is your mate. Maybe you can tour in lieu of the Pixies, you sound far more entertaining!
Go to Top of Page

Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo
* Dog in the Sand *

1056 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  16:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hWolsky left the forum for extended vacation because of his mental disorder problems.
He is a sensible person and very kind in private, but he cannot help being axtravagant and over the top in public... he even tried to kill me.

I'll let you know about him from time to time...

Kisses all over the world !!

++++
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  20:03:12  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In fact, both members have left the forum for the time being...

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  15:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

In fact, both members have left the forum for the time being...

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Permanantly let's hope.
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  16:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought hWolsky's posts were interesting, and I got the impression he and JJJJC were one and the same. Perhaps that's the offense. The intent of the "kill" remark in the post near the top struck me as nothing but humor, so I'm assuming that's not the issue.
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  16:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
funny how you seem less offended by that than you do about some guy saying they hoped "they got bush too"..

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  17:43:41  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They were the same person, yes. That is one of the reasons...

Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  22:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

funny how you seem less offended by that than you do about some guy saying they hoped "they got bush too"..

It's just that I read the statement about the aborigines as non-serious. He may have been taking a stab at the white Aussies for their past, but he was not advocating further killing. I would not be overly offended if someone took the same stab at white Americans for their treatment of Native Americans. That stab has some warrant. Back when Reagan was president he was hated in a fashion similar to what Bush II has been getting. I think the anti-Reagan people were dead wrong, especially regarding foreign policy, but they don't seem to have learned much from their error. The same people and political groups are coming down on the current President Bush just like they did on Reagan. The anti-Bush stuff is fresh, and there's still a lot at stake. A lot of what I consider to be ignorant things are still being said, like Bush = Hitler/Nazi, and that I find offensive. We have the "artists" insisting on a right to exhibit depictions of Bush II being shot. Even more than offensive, I consider such sentiments to show a lack of seriousness about what I take to be very serious matters. And it irks me that these people are so righteous despite what I consider to be an evident lack of thought of the matter. It's one thing to engage in principled, rational debate, but quite another to casually march in the streets with signs showing the president sporting a swastika. It may be free expression, but then so is my contempt for what would be mere childishness were it not so dangerous.
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  23:29:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Reagan could at least speak well even when he was wasn't really saying anything, he was a good actor which is the sole function of any president. Dubya still has a hard time constructing a goddamn sentence.

I'm way off topic, sorry people.
Go to Top of Page

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  06:30:05  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
whoah - this thread has kinda gone a bit skewiff. Sorry guys - I was just having a bit of a whinge about Pixies not coming to Oz. I didn't intend for the thread to get so political. Apologies...
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  07:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No need to apologise, Helmut, it's not your fault!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  07:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah sorry, hopefully they'll make it down there for you. Never say never.
Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  22:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all about timing [and to a lesser degree $ I suppose]. Frank has been here once in '94 and Breeders twice also. FB has said he would like to tour Pixies, so the problem is not about the desire to come to Aus. Their agent has to book a schedule that suits them. All four P are 40+ and most have families & other priorities, plus FB has a new solo album coming out this year too.

Getting a tour organised to Australia can be expensive and not without risk. For example Springsteen's '03 Aus tour lost money due do a lot of compounded problems. But generally speaking, a Pixies tour is going to be very well received, whenever it happens. I don't think money is the issue anymore anyway - Pixies have made their cash already. Hopefully the long-suffering fans can get to see Pixies at least once before they wind up.

(( I'm a Snake... ))
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  05:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure an Oz tour would be just as lucrative as the other reunion tours. Maybe Australians should cancel Pixies in protest, one should listen to or buy their music until they organise a tour!! ;)

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

illusion dog
- FB Fan -

39 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  03:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heretic Scum! Daily aural Pixies quotas must be met. There will be no skimping in Oz! This Novocastrian is off to order the live cd and wait patiently for my chance to scream and hurt myself in a Pixies audience some time in the future. Boycott the boycott! Aaaarrrggh!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  08:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The tour is just an illusion, dawg!! ;)

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts