Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bleach
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  17:24:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yippeeeeeeeeee

And just when I was thinking of moving back to ireland

they've had two gigs ... ox 0 .....

heard frank wants to play somewhere he can see the faces ..

go the enmore!! be a great little side gig for the BDO...

it also might be nice to offer pre-tix to the all the folks who've
been posting so hard on the site to get them over here...

i'm already having nightmares of missing out....

If anyone knows his agent pass on the details...

though i have to admit that 1. I live in Newtown
and 2. I love the enmore for gigs.... ;) still sydders is
as central as you can get....

130 Enmore Rd Newtown NSW 2042 Australia ? Tel +612 9550 3666 ? Fax +612 9550 2990
General/Hire Enquiries admin@enmoretheatre.com.au

packet
- FB Fan -

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  06:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whoa, have the dates been officailly announced? im a melbournion
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3423 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  06:43:21  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
don't think any dates been announced yet.
just waiting for the date in Newman to be released...

Join the Cult of Fat!
Go to Top of Page

Piko
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2005 :  20:25:01  Show Profile  Click to see Piko's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I guess it's worth the pixies considering that every festival in australia this year has sold out before the second release of bands, how much would it kill us if pixies were noted in the second release of bands to play and the festival had already sold out?!?!?!?!

ofcourse they can always do sideshows as part of the BDO though may be limited to how many shows they can do in a particular city, and to be honest... the big day out??? this year every international act there had played the BDO before! and i'd see the pixies as more of a Livid headliner, shame livid is dead =(.

hehe is this the point where one of us quickly gets a heaps of money together, starts out own festival and gets the pixies to headline? lol but seriously, it's great to hear they are comming out here, i guess heading to a small town tiketek office the day tickets go on sale would be a good idea =P
Go to Top of Page

recur
- FB Fan -

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  00:13:01  Show Profile  Click to see recur's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No Pixies at the BDO.

Details here: http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/its-official-jacks-back/2005/10/05/1128191768966.html

getadogupya
Go to Top of Page

bleach
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  23:28:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still no news ?

Don't think anyones too pissed about the BDO
but on the other hand is it possible we'll get dumped on the
trash heap again

good news was the wedding I went to in france the DJ actually
had Pixies in his collection. Didn't know anything about them
but kindly allowed me and my mates to educate him

bad news was I was in Europe and once again the Pixies had just left
and were in the States....
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  01:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.nme.com/news/pixies/20931

Big Day Out will go ahead in 2006

The Australasian tour will hit the road despite initial problems...

BIG DAY OUT will go ahead in 2006 according to organisers, despite initial concerns the entire traveling festival could be cancelled if the MELBOURNE leg failed to find a new venue.

Melbourne's usual location for the Australasian festival, The Royal Melbourne Showgrounds, is currently undergoing redevelopment - and other areas capable of holding up to 40,000 people will be under preparation for the 2006 Commonwealth Games being held in the city in March.

However, Melbourne City Council have approved the temporary placement of the January 29 event for Princes Park in the inner city, with the festival expected to be back at the showground in 2007.

While no announcements on the lineup have been made, Big Day Out organisers have confirmed that the Red Hot Chili Peppers - former frontrunners to headline the event next year - have pulled out due to delays in the release date of their forthcoming album, now due in March 2006.

The reformed Pixies have also hinted at touring Australia for the first time around January next year, however front man Frank Black recently told local paper Rave Magazine they are unlikely to join the Big Day Out line-up.

He said: "It's not that I'm against Big Day Out, but as the Pixies have never played Australia I thought it would be cooler to do our own tour and not play in a great big field but in a room or a club or something where we are in people's faces. You know, 'This is the Pixies and we are here at last'."

Black added: "It isn't always about the money for me or for the Pixies - we do have an aesthetic. Anyway, we've left it in the hands our agent. So Big Day Out or on our own tour, the Pixies will be in Australia early next year."

The first announcements for next year's Big Day Out are due on October 5, with tickets going on sale Friday, October 14.

Edited by - Carl on 10/07/2005 01:22:09
Go to Top of Page

bleach
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  21:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He said: "It's not that I'm against Big Day Out, but as the Pixies have never played Australia I thought it would be cooler to do our own tour and not play in a great big field but in a room or a club or something where we are in people's faces. You know, 'This is the Pixies and we are here at last'."

Black added: "It isn't always about the money for me or for the Pixies - we do have an aesthetic. Anyway, we've left it in the hands our agent. So Big Day Out or on our own tour, the Pixies will be in Australia early next year."

----

So what about it Frank.... Show us the dates ;0

Everyone on the pixies site has just about given up...
just another big ... yeah we'll be there as we get pushed into the never-never
until one day the pixies break up again cos frank wants to do his own thing
for a while and then we start back at the bottom of the pile again for frank black
gigs....

not bitter i am.... ;)

but it would be good to know a yeah or neah....

Go to Top of Page

Sister from his head
- FB Fan -

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  01:30:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has made me so happy...pity no body good ever comes to Perth. Given i was willing to fly to Europe to see them, the Eastern states isnt that much of a stretch.

Im glad their not playing the BDO, they deserve to be headlining, not a some hot stinky festival full of people saying "oh the Pixes, yeah ive heard of them...", plus it means i dont have to fork out $115 lol

Contrary to popular belief
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  12:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is kind of off topic, but I have to say I think it's cool that the Pixies have toured so much throught the world. I really hope the Aussie thing works out for all those fans that have been dying to see them.

But wathing the DVD really drove it home how cool it is that they've been to so many countries.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  19:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what's going on??
Go to Top of Page

bleach
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  18:14:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

they've announced japan

but not australia how surprising

still waiting...
Go to Top of Page

bleach
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  20:39:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My world has just got brighter...

whipping boy, one of the best bands of all time are doing a reunion gigs in ireland.. if you like shit hot music these are they guys....

Don't take my word for it ....

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/whipping_boy/heartworm/

http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1325963876&xname=whippingboy

presuming the continue gigging next year i am definite co-insiding my trip home...

on the other hand dreaming of wonderful things

wouldn't it be great if the pixies brought them out here....

come on frank... make my day

Go to Top of Page

sutekh
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  04:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have the 2006 tour dates for Australia?! Haven't heard anything since Nov 2005.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  05:32:58  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still nothing official in the pipe that I'm aware of, but we're listening on it for 'ya.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

sutekh
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  18:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read here http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15228 that the Australia 2006 tour has been cancelled, something about 'inside word'. Is this true?
Go to Top of Page

sutekh
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  19:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should I just be looking here ---> http://www.baileyswalk.com/live.php
No-one seems to know anything.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  15:18:21  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, I just got official word, straight from the horse's mouth to your ears. Well, through my ears, and then into my fingers, and then not direct quoting and...

Anyway, here's the gist:

At the moment, there are no plans for the Pixies to tour in 2006, not in Australia or anywhere. The emphasis is on at the moment, this could change at any time.

-------------------------
I'm sure the Pixies will get there, though. They just have other things on the go this year. In fact, if I know FB at all (and I don't), I'd say that there's a fair chance of your patience being well rewarded when they do tour next. Perhaps new material will first fall on ears beneath Carina and not Cepheus.

Nothing is written in stone. At least not anymore. Paper's much more cost-effective.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  15:29:07  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
...but stones are free. 8 ))

what the hell is that hairy photo on baileyswalk.com???
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  15:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

At the moment, there are no plans for the Pixies to tour in 2006, not in Australia or anywhere. The emphasis is on at the moment, this could change at any time.

Does that mean no plans for performances at all, not even a festival, again, not written in stone?
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  16:25:15  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you think/dream that on the new Pixies record, FB.net will be listed in the credits?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've done nothing to merit credit, but sure, why not. :) You know, if there is one.

And Erebus, yes. They aren't planning anything anywhere, festival or otherwise, or so the word is. Which I admit to being surprised by, but I'm just the messenger.

Perhaps he'll be busy touring Fastman/Raiderman...

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:42:14  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course you could always go ask him in The King Holds Court, he is granting audiences now...

Go to Top of Page

sutekh
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update "Cult_Of_Frank". Being a 'noob' here I didn't realise you were the 'conduit'
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:55:42  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am one of many, but welcome aboard!

You could go ask Frank himself in The King Holds Court in the Frank Black General Chat section. He's due back any moment now to answer questions.

And a much better conduit than I. :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000