Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  18:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I was just making it easier on you in case I wasn't around. I realize I pretty much will get what's left Thanks again for organizing
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  14:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what's going on??? K? u serious. sorry i've just moved and haven't been checking e-mail. this is cool i'll take anything. i haven't got an e-mail from dean yet though.

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  14:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shiner, does the following mean anything to you?

choose what you like, babycakes.

I got some heaven in my head

Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  19:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gold, baby, gold!

still no e-mail from dean. where do i send the cheque?

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  20:11:37  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, here it is (sorry, I'm so %$&^@%^(*@'ing swamped you wouldn't believe it):

It turns out donations made in exchange for goods/services aren't tax deductible. I've been working to figure out how to handle this, and I offer this as my solution.

1) Donate directly to Childreach and not through us. If you choose to claim the donation that's up to you, essentially we'll send along the goodies separately from the donation and that should help those that choose to do so, but obviously, legally, we can't advocate this. It's quite possible that since we're donating the goodies and not the charity that it's legal anyway, but I'm no tax man. However, as well as I know many of you, we still need some form of verification that the payment has been sent to them, so you would have to get a copy of that to me before I can get the goods going your way. This means a bit more delay before you get a present in the mail, but what can you do? Donations can be made here: http://www.planusa.org/action/donation.php and choose whichever branch most appeals to you - they're all good causes. Credit card donations or snail mail/cheques, no paypal.

For those not concerned with a tax receipt that would like to get their stuff a little sooner (possibly - I'm not sure how quickly Child Reach processes stuff) or who need to pay Paypal, you can still do it through FB.Net. Simply let me know and when I hear from everyone I'll get the ball rolling.

Shine, regarding you specifically, I can't give you top spot in choosing the goodies, since that would be woefully unfair to those who bid high earlier and before the close, but if you're still making a donation Kathryn has volunteered her goodies and place in choosing them. You have only to let me know via email.

So, once again, please email me, and I still am waiting on some of you to give me your preferences.

Thanks,
Dean

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  21:02:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey, once again, thanks to all the bidders this was a huge success.

And, uhh, I'm ready to mail these bad-boys out as soon as I get the go-ahead from Dean.

I've been keeping them safe for 4 months now and actually I'm ready to get them out of
my closet and into yours.

"I'm more of a self-indulgent epic kind of guy." King Charles IV

OMIACC - PostMaster of fb.net's Zenith threads
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  18:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, you too OMIACC and Dean for all your hard work. I made my contribution directly this weekend. It was very hard to choose which cause to direct the funds to. I ended up choosing the Pak. earthquake relief. So Dean, if for some reason that you didn't get it let me know and I can resend.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  19:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope, got it, I'm sorting out everything tonight. Sorry for the delay, was waiting on a few people but I *think* I've got everyone now.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  19:39:37  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope, turns out I'm still missing a bit. But emails have been sent and we should be able to send out things by the weekend I hope.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  20:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I haven't gotten any word or anything in the mail.

My address has just changed.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  23:12:59  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Damn, completely forgot I was waiting on that westport guy to email me back, I'm just going to send them out and he can have what's left. I'm sure you'll understand how it slipped my mind tomorrow. :)

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  23:13:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll have this sorted by weekend, promise.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all! Got the goodies just now in the mail!! Thank you and so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again OMIACC and Dean for coordinating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super happy and super tempted to wear that t shirt, but I won't dare!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:15:44  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Speaking of which, been meaning to do up a news item. Will do that now.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  17:08:39  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thought you guys would like to see this, just got a little note from Violet:

Dear Everybody,

I would like to commend fb.net on the recent charity auction!!! It was so well executed and yieled real results. Childreach is very dear to my heart and I'm really touched. You guys is good people.

These things do not go unnoticed.

Love,
Violet and the Fam

Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  12:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i recieved my shirt and cd yesterday. thanks everyone, especially dean, omiacc, and of course kathryn! the autograph looks awesome. sorry i haven't been around much. have moved house and am planning on getting my own pc shortly, then you will never get rid of me, hahahahhahahah!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000