Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 WANTED: Graphics Person - Make This Site Prettier!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  05:04:57  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
please don't allow huge - 3d - flashing avatars for members...some forums i visit are a punch in the eye with all these animated gifs and stuff.i've risked an epileptic crisis more than once.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3422 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  06:06:11  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
or no avartars at all - i think they're atrocious!

this forum works so well because of it's simple design...don't change anything too much!

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  06:14:44  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree. I hate going somewhere and they have these huge images, whether in the signature or elsewhere. Nice, simple, and so on. There are parts of this forum, though, that need some sprucing. I don't think I would touch the folder icons unless something equally intuitive came along. People have enough problems getting into the groove it seems. :)

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  08:59:07  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You've got cats..what more do people need? =)

There've been so many postings, less people getting into the groove might be a good thing... I'll just turn 'em all into little black boxes..hahha

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  16:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If someone can come up with ideas for some icons to replace the pink and yellow folders I'd be happy to have a go at making them.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  00:00:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing on the folders, but I think it's time to move past these cats... Dave? Anyone else?

EDIT - Modified so I am asking everyone's opinion. :)

Edited by - Cult_Of_Frank on 02/14/2004 07:47:23
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  00:07:21  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dean, I'm aware that you didn't ask for my opinion. However, I agree that it's time to move past the cats.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  07:47:50  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There IceCream, now I am asking your opinion (see edit), so thanks.

Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  08:39:53  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
here here - or hear hear. or hear here. what ever you prefer...basically, i agree!

and the titles too. or maybe just teenager of the year being changed?
Or maybe the choice for people to make up their own titles...but a default for those who cant be bothered?

I dont know. I just really dont want to become teenager of the year! hahaha

Boys go to Jupiter,Become more stupider,
Girls go to Mars, Become rock stars
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  09:19:22  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe, we could keep the cats, but they would only be for one 'status'.

Like 50-99 posts could be =Cult of Ray= status:

100-499 posts could be *Dog In the Sand* status:

500-999 posts could be <Pistolero> status:

1000+ posts could be ~Show Me Your Tears~ status:

I don't really like this idea, but....I don't know. I had a thought. I respect if there are limitations.

Edited by - IceCream on 02/14/2004 09:23:04
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  09:24:59  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I know *Dog In The Sand* doesn't match the icon, and I'd need to shrink it down.

I don't think "Frank Black and the Catholics Self-Titled" is a good title. Maybe "The (solid) Gold Album"
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  20:15:49  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mebbe SMYT should be five cats..hahahaha

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  23:07:38  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anti-archiving post!

Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  11:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So how's it going on this front? anyone.

don't know who deals with the stuff but if you need any graphics let me know, my bro, probably like some of you, is a graphic designer.
starting with the forum badge of the catholics seeing that this is an FB site and the catholics no more.

we can freshen this site up with some new bkground artwork. maybe we can post a few pics up and the have the forum decide

just a thought. seems to be alot of talk but no action.

Edited by - frank black conspiracy on 02/22/2005 12:06:45
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  12:08:19  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FBC, it's time for action. We're looking at doing a Honeycomb themed (unless you have other ideas) layout next, complete with bees instead of kitties etc etc.

I'm pretty open to ideas, so if you have some, spill them, if you want to work, go ahead and we'll talk about it when you show them to me, or what have you. Active Duck and Apl4eris are both very talented and would probably work with you. What do you need from me to get this done?

"Join the Cult of Frank / Seriously."
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  12:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not much. just the size of images etc.
i'm up for coming up with some ideas, but like i said, if we can post a few up here then see what the ones who read this thread prefer.

you're honeycomb idea sounds brilliant. loving the bees

do you need a new backdrop for the forum, we have the stars and 'Frank Black' going on at the mo.
would you still want it white?

i had this image for the badge thread, but don't think too many saw it so it went down like a lead balloon.
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  12:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my girlfriend got one of those badge it! contraptions for christmas so thought i'd put it to good use
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  12:33:30  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what you mean by the badge thread or where you want to use that?

I definitely want a new background, but I don't want it to be too dark. I was thinking a yellow/brown or gold, very subtle. My main concern about doing a honeycomb theme is that I don't want it to look cartoony here, I still want it to look like a nice simple forum, as it does now, except with a tint, you know? Instead of a black (for where it says Quick Reply, for example), maybe a very dark brown.

As for image sizes, we'd basically be replacing existing ones, so just right click on anything and go properties, and it'll show you.

For example, the kitties are 15x15.

Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  13:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
think it was an fb./net tee and badge thread. it was just an idea and for fun but no one played along so it ended up fine in the end.

thanks for the info, i'll take a peek and get working on it. shall i post up any ideas here or mail them to you.
and am i the only one here who wants to have a go at the images, do you know?
the more the merrier the bigger the brain storming.

i really do like this site the way it is now, i was just on about updating the catholic pics in places, seeing that fb seems to have moved on for the time being. and the all talk no action wasn't a challenge layed down to whoever does the work. just the thread was 5 pages of chatting about new designs, but still nothing came out of it. that was all.
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  13:17:18  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ooh, I'm not much help here (not an artistic bone in my body) (well maybe my clavicle) but about the colours...

I was thinking about colours before all this came up and with FBF (and with the pixies art work in particular) it all felt very sepia-toned so basically my point, which I may have deviated from some, is I think the subtle brown/golds ---sepia shades is a bloody marvelous idea.

[edit] don't seem to have a spelling bone either

Edited by - starmekitten on 03/01/2005 13:18:32
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  14:01:31  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure is good to be hearing from you kitten. Likin the sepia-tone/into Honeycomb trip.

I'll be on this brainstorm team, FBC. I'll throw some bees (to replace kitties) up here in a couple days. Still think we should do an FBF sepia-tone photography (and maybe subtle typewriter) theme for an interim look, before the Honeycomb wave hits. If someone can send me some scans of the cd art (yeah, I know its sacriledge that I don't own it), I can get that done pretty soonish and see how it sits w/y'all.

Edited by - apl4eris on 03/01/2005 14:03:52
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  14:04:36  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that sounds so sexy

Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  14:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice one apl, shall we just throw up our ideas on this page?

maybe we need to list the things that can be changed, whether it's just the kitties and backdrop to the forum
neh, just take it as it comes i guess, forget that sentence above

i'll get scans of FBF for you an mail them on asap if thats okay
i'm no designer (that be the bro) just photoshop, illustrator and that other mac stuff for fun

this is so gonna be great

and another 'love' here for the sepia
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  14:29:36  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, let's see how this sepia/honeycomb blend will work then. Until we have someone that wants to step up as a team leader for this, I'll continue to help you guys get organized. Let's stick to this thread for now as there is a lot of brainstorming in earlier pages to draw from.

I'd prefer not to have everything displayed right away so that there is an element of surprise when we get done and put everything out. So the more you guys can keep the actual imagery to private comm (feel free to cc me on everything/anything so I'm in the loop) the better.

Again, anyone else is still welcome to join in on the artistic fun, don't be shy.

Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  14:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's cool. we'll mail you any ideas for the final say, if that's ok
would you prefer the FBF theme like apl mentioned or shall we go all out for Honeycomb?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  14:57:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My preference is Honeycomb, but I think that if we could blend the two, that would work great and hopefully everybody's happy then. A sepia sort of colour scheme with honeycomb themeing, I guess.

The great thing about sepia as far as banners and suchforth go is that you can take pretty much any photos of FB and/or his various working parties and apply a sepia filter to them.

This would take some mad photoshop skills and a lot of patience in finding good photos, but I'd really like to see the banner or the front splash page (where the news is listed if you type in www.frankblack.net) have a gathering of Frank Black (with the man in the centre) with all the major people he's worked with through his career musically. You know, Pixies, Catholics, collaborators (Rich, EDF, etc). Probably such a thing would be larger so it'd have to be the front splash page, but as always, come up with a cool idea and go for it.

Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  15:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mission on!
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  15:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my two cents, the general visual feel of this forum is the best. easy to navigate between topics and read threads quickly. i've been to few other boards where it's impossible to read because the colours are too bright or its white type on black background, or you have to click on each persons response one at a time, that sort of thing. keep it simple in the forum please.

one suggestion, you know when you move the cursor over a person's handle it says "view so-and-so's Profile" - i think it would be cool if you could link that so it gives some quick personal info, ie. name, age, sex, member since.....anything else you have to click for.

I'm what you call a repeat offender. I repeat, I will offend again!
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  15:37:39  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
like a montage group shot? or like on music plasma with them all floating around?

either way that'd that'd be pretty impressive, but I don't envy whoever gets to do that

and re: fb banner, does this mean some lucky-so-and-so gets to look through hundreds of frank pictures..

Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  16:21:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm looking through pics for the front splash at the mo

checking out pixie, EDF,catholics and few others to merge into a cool montage

if you have any nice pics (anyone) then i guess post here or send my way
or if you up to the task try yourself, so far i'll be cc'ing cult and apl for thumbs up or down

(oh, and let me know if you want to be mailed too, seal of approval from a few would be much appreciated, i'll keep you involved in any loop if just for critiquing)

Edited by - frank black conspiracy on 03/01/2005 16:26:08
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  02:23:21  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
feel free to send me any frank pictures you like dear boy! prrrr
no seriously, if you want anothers view, feel free

you still have my e mail?

Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  05:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i do i do

CC to you too, starme.k

should be some day soon, there's a few pics to look at. i do like the FBF one though, a personal fave.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  09:20:18  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be looking for the FBF scans from ya FBC. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  09:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my pleasure

i'm back from work which takes a big chunk of the day away, but this spare time of mine i'm looking at any and all visuals we have of everything relating to fb. pixies, lyle, eric the lot.

i'm getting the scans back form my bro tomorrow unless he emails me sooner, you'll be the first to see apl
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  06:31:43  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How're things going? Do we all have a general idea of what we're looking at for this new theme?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000