Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 WANTED: Graphics Person - Make This Site Prettier!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  09:05:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but with the folders?

lolzabad
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  09:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used the pencil tool I think, although i may have messed around with hue at some point.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  09:20:55  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes! There we are. The bees and folders look great! My only request is could we darken the pencil in the edit icon a little so it stands out against the more orange folder? As far as I can tell, though, that's all the folder icons. We may have to change a few of the paper icons too, like the next topic and reply to topic ones, but let's leave that until the new scheme is in, maybe they'll still look OK.

What I think this means is that we are done the forum. Dave wants to wait and redo the whole site at once, graphics wise, which is why we didn't change anything too seriously on the main page or other pages when we were cleaning things up last week. Incidentally, we'll be changing the poll again with the graphics update, the one there now was our minor little April Fools thing.

Now what do we need? Tre, can you do a large mockup of the main page, with the new colours and/or font. We also need one icon to replace the "FB&TC Show/Frank Black Solo/Radio/In-Store" icons, probably a flower or something. I'll have Dave change the colours on the Pixies icons if needed. And I still need something to replace the dog/star icons.

Do we change the heading fonts? Like the "Welcome to the official capactiy of a Frank Black fan site" and the "appearances", "website directory", etc? Will they/do they look good with Courier? We should probably also change the "Not this Frank Black" image too, while we're at it. Maybe brown background, if someone wants to play, play away.

Other things:
Header for Bio Page (I wonder if this should be more generalized re:Catholics). It could be something wholly different or tie into the front page as the existing one does. If we stick with the Catholics in the title, it could probably be one of the SMYT promo shots where the one of Frank was taken from.

Actually, I think that's it. Tre, if you also want to do a finalized mock up of the forum, that'd be cool, but that's not a priority.

Thanks again everyone. Sorry it's so wordy, there really isn't that much left to do.

"Oh dear / I seem to have joined the Cult of Frank."
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  10:50:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did a quicky mockup of the main overview, not sure what's going on with the colour of the links so i left them.

also, it says log in when i'm already logged in but nevermind!

http://www.btinternet.com/~steveswickedwebsite/mockup1.jpg for full size (feels a bit like you're on the forum if your res is 1280)

lolzabad

Edited by - PixieSteve on 04/03/2005 11:06:08
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  11:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
darker pencil

and seperate files for the bees

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  12:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Active Duck thanks so much! Those folders look awesome... thanks for all your hard work. The last round of bees are very cool too!

Dean, from the way it looks to me, I think we have what we need for the Forum pages. Is there anything else you can thing of?

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 04/03/2005 12:43:41
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  13:14:04  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent, looks good, looks good. I think we're done on the forum, there may be a few things that will come up when we do the transition, but I can't think of anything that's missing. Just the site itself is left now...

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  14:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool.. Dean is it easier for us to then focus on the Main Page (since we've gotten the Forum and Splash under control).. or do want to get the Forum nailed down before we move on?
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  14:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're using the guitar and flowers here is one with the guitar at a less awkward angle.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  14:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Active Duck... I must say I really like it at the angle you just posted.

It seems more mellow.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  17:53:03  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aye, you guys are really cookin' it up!

I agree with Dean, the Forum is looking good!

Damien - if you wanna double-check the icons, just download the file from Snitz:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sf2k/sf2k_v34_05.zip?download

"Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time / Has Been
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  18:20:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have that file but I can't face double checking.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  20:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, I wish I would have seen this earlier... I am heading to bed tonight but can double check tomorrow.

If it's really easy for anyone to rattle off the names of the folders that Active Duck so kindly posted that would help. But if it's going to take awhile, don't worry about it. I will get it tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  02:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daisy, I'm fairly sure I got them all. When I was doing the folders I opened all of the icons and changed them one by one.

Edited by - Active Duck on 04/05/2005 06:36:27
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  06:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  17:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, it looks like we're onto the "Main page"

Definately, we want to use the same background as the forum page. Some of the work has already been done to clean up the main page.

I do like the FrankBlackFrancis art in the corner.

We might want to consider swaping out the Beehive/Bee artwork with gutair handles and one of the small flowers Active Duck came up with.

Here's some examples mocked up by the lovely Tre.

quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten

cool active duck! (good luck on the catch up!)

Kathryn, looks like dream frank will be disappointed, dreams about frank, lucky girl..

more randoms...

proper appearances section

newsflash section, I couldn't get the font to align properly in paint so it's centralised. This is NOT a suggestion because I feel justified type is far easier to read, this is just the only way I could do it tonight without giving me a massive headache

Close up on the second rejig of the main pages (i think tinypic just shrinks the larger images so this should show ok.) I don't even know if this is possible but if we were to keep the through honeycomb theme I think those tiny hives and bees are neat!

The stars and dogs? (moomin things?) would be the only icons that would need to change wouldn't they? what little people icons did you mean?

cats have nine lives/ which makes them ideal for experimentation

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 04/05/2005 17:18:02
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  17:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's another great example from Tre.... I do like this.

What to you guys think about changing the bacground to match the forum page and updating the fonts to match the frankblackfrancis fonts, but pretty much keeping it as is?

I know it's getting close to the deadline, but if we need to make our decisions fast. Dean needs everything by Friday so we can have everything up for the chat.

quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten

got a pp to send you as well daisy, did you get the last one?

cats have nine lives/ which makes them ideal for experimentation

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 04/05/2005 17:19:31
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  18:17:12  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think the background will be consistent throughout the site (except inverted for the splash). I really just need those icons. The chat will actually not take place on Sunday but I'm waiting for Rich to get back to me before I change the date, so likely we won't have it ready anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  19:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks for the update.

What do you think about using the gutair top/flower icons to replace the current dog/star designs? Or do you guys have something else in mind?

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 04/05/2005 19:08:45
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  19:50:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pretty open to that or any other ideas, nothing really in mind at the moment. I suppose my preference would be not to use the flower if we're going to use it to replace the icons for the FB shows in "appearances" but nothing really in mind.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  16:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are right...for variety's sake.

Maybe the top of the gutair and another one shaped like a gutair pick??

Or perhaps doing somethign with the typewriter thing and have one that looks like a typewriter button.

I guess another option s having it look like music notes.

Just some ideas...
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  16:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are right...for variety's sake.

Maybe the top of the gutair and another one shaped like a gutair pick??

Or perhaps doing somethign with the typewriter thing and have one that looks like a typewriter button.

I guess another option s having it look like music notes.

Just some ideas...
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  00:15:49  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats a good idea Daisy, nice and musically generic so if the next redesign is a slow one it won't look outdated in a years time.

sorry I haven't had time to do a full page main page thing, I got a lot on at the minute. I don't think I'll have time till the weekend and chances are I'll have been cut off by then anyway (I'm surprised I can still log on to be honest with you)

Plus, Sleeping at night at the minute, cuts my productivity down but on the plus side I can see things better :P

I joined the cult of Derek/ because Dereks don't run
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  18:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tre. I just appricate all the huge amount of guidance and assistance you have given on this project :) Don't sweat a thing!! :)

Well I am gonna look for gutair picks on the web...

I know there were some FB ones on ebay awhile back...

I just wish I could remember what color Franks's were.
Go to Top of Page

dayanara
* Dog in the Sand *

Australia
1811 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  18:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
orange. i think frank's said kim and kim's said frank.

I love my dead gay son!
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  20:27:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
D-- man, you are always so on top of everything! Thanks so much for the knowledge, sista.

Well, Dean I do happen to have such a pic here at home...

Do you want me to scan it this weekend and then shrink it down as see what it might look like as an icon.

I can do one with the Dunlap D and one with out.
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  06:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or you could google image search!

http://www.elderly.com/images/accessories/PK/PK28-60.jpg

etc.

lolzabad
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  07:34:43  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, sure Daisy. It appears we're not going to get this site updated yet anyway since there are still a few missing things for the main page, but I've had a REALLY busy week and wouldn't have had the chance anyway. Plus Dave & I have to coordinate our schedules.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  15:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool Dean,

I will get that image to you this weekend. Is there anything else I can help with?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  15:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, just incase that was taken as a snide remark, it wasn't! there's already scanned images of the picks he uses, unless you're on about a different one that's more unique. it would probably save time if you used something like i posted. i could do it if you wanted but i'm not sure what icon you want it to replace.

the above post is a snide remark and has little to do with the conversation
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  10:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it wasn't. Actually reading over it I thought the link was part of your sig. I had already done a google image search and not come up with anything, but maybe I didn't spell it correctly or something.

For some reason, your sigs have been confusing me....like the one you have now that says "the above post is a snide remark and has little to do with the conversation" A couple of times I have thought it goes with the post.

Anyway.... thanks for the tip Pixie Steve!

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 04/10/2005 10:10:33
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually, the one i have now is different yet again, hehe.

Oh let it linger
Go to Top of Page

Perk
- FB Fan -

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  23:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it !
Miko was freaking me out man !
Looks seasonal now.

Don't sweat the petty things
and don't pet the sweaty things
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  00:30:52  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! how did I miss all this, my fault for never looking in this section. Sites looking great, Active Duck and the rest of you guys did a lovely job as I was saying in general chat.

Join the cult of Conrad/'cause he's a nob head.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  01:21:59  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooooooooh....
Aaaaaaaah....

I like it chaps, good job.

I'm like a lost snail in the night.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000