New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  21:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Contactmusic.com...are these quotes taken from the interview in NME?

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/black%20wants%20weird%20glover%20to%20play%20him

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/black%20idolises%20mitchum%20

BLACK WANTS 'WEIRD' GLOVER TO PLAY HIM

PIXIES frontman FRANK BLACK would love actor CRISPIN GLOVER to play him in a biopic, because he's the only screen star odd enough to do the role justice.

The 40-year-old rocker isn't concerned that the CHARLIE'S ANGELS actor looks nothing like him, because they share a similar outlook on life which would bring far more to the part than superficial appearance.

Black says, "He doesn't look anything like me, but I think he could pull it off somehow. He's one of my favourite actors.

"There's plenty of weird affectations and mannerisms of mine that he could incorporate into his performance."

24/08/2005 17:04

BLACK IDOLISES MITCHUM

American rocker FRANK BLACK looks up to late actor ROBERT MITCHUM because the movie star played by his own rules.

The PIXIES frontman took no time to think when he was asked by a journalist who he would chose to have a drink with at a bar in heaven.

Black, 40, says, "Robert Mitchum, because he's Robert Mitchum. He's his own man.

"I wouldn't ask him any questions. He's Robert Mitchum! You don't just walk up to Robert Mitchum and ask him questions.

"You just go up and maybe buy him a drink, and talk. You talk. You don't ask."

24/08/2005 20:56

jose
- FB Fan -

France
140 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  15:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I said Pretty Please !
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  18:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"Let me buy you a drink, son!"
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  20:03:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool viva the mavericks.

I would love to see them do a movie about fb and crispin gover wouldn't be the first to come to my mind but since fb says it I can see it and it would rock!!

Wow yeah Robert Mitchum. I recognized the photo... he's quite the looker. He was in the original Cape Fear as well as Scrooged :) Among other movies.

"I ain't goin to be what I ain't"
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  20:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crispin could have some prosthetics or cgi to make him look like Frank! Mitchum has a little cameo in Scorsese's Cape Fear remake, along with Gregory Peck.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  21:34:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or a super cool mask/special effects make up artist! lol.

but does he have to look exactly like frank to play him? i mean, wouldn't you rather have a good actor than someone who maybe couldn't act and looked like fb? mmmm... many questions...

"I ain't goin to be what I ain't"
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  23:58:13  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Or perhaps...

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  20:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See "The Night of the Hunter". Mitchum at his best, a great, great film.
Go to Top of Page

The Marsist
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
730 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  07:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
john candy were he not dead would make the best frank black

Art is the child of Nature; yes, her darling child, in whom we trace the features of the mother's face, her aspect and her attitude.
-Beck

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  02:09:31  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I've always wanted to have a punk-rock power trio called Schwarma. I need to get a fuzz box and make some noise."

quote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9257578/smoking_section?rnd=1139652218109&has-player=true
In January, Frank Black wrapped up work on Fastman/Raiderman, the follow-up to 2005's amazing (and thoroughly underappreciated) Honeycomb. Black took his songs to Nashville, where studio magicians like Spooner Oldham and Steve Cropper brought them to life. Black has supplemented those recordings with sessions in L.A., featuring bassist Carol Kaye and drummer Jim Keltner. Songs such as "Dog Sleep" and "Put the Needle in My Arm" stand up to anything Black ever wrote for his Pixies, with a mellower flavor. "Now that I've cleared my plate with the Nashville sessions," says Black, "maybe we'll do a Pixies record." The band is contemplating taking its reunion tour to the former Eastern bloc this summer ("It's like Cher's never-ending Farewell Tour," he says) -- but Black has another idea up his sleeve: "I've always wanted to have a punk-rock power trio called Schwarma. I need to get a fuzz box and make some noise."

There is light...
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  04:34:05  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow that would be great

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  05:52:47  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it sure would. i love my frank with a pinch of fuzz
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  07:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

"I've always wanted to have a punk-rock power trio called Schwarma. I need to get a fuzz box and make some noise."

quote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9257578/smoking_section?rnd=1139652218109&has-player=true
In January, Frank Black wrapped up work on Fastman/Raiderman, the follow-up to 2005's amazing (and thoroughly underappreciated) Honeycomb. Black took his songs to Nashville, where studio magicians like Spooner Oldham and Steve Cropper brought them to life. Black has supplemented those recordings with sessions in L.A., featuring bassist Carol Kaye and drummer Jim Keltner. Songs such as "Dog Sleep" and "Put the Needle in My Arm" stand up to anything Black ever wrote for his Pixies, with a mellower flavor. "Now that I've cleared my plate with the Nashville sessions," says Black, "maybe we'll do a Pixies record." The band is contemplating taking its reunion tour to the former Eastern bloc this summer ("It's like Cher's never-ending Farewell Tour," he says) -- but Black has another idea up his sleeve: "I've always wanted to have a punk-rock power trio called Schwarma. I need to get a fuzz box and make some noise."

There is light...

Ab-so-fuckin-lutely!!!.......I want my HardCore Frank...

"I'm more of a self-indulgent epic kind of guy." King Charles IV

OMIACC - PostMaster of fb.net's Zenith threads

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 02/11/2006 07:14:22
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  07:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Punk rock!
Power!
Trio!

That sounds like a top idea to me. Maybe 50 Foot Wave style?
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  09:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

quote:

There is light...

Cool possily a new Pixies album and FB and a Punk Rock trio!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  09:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You beat me to it, Soren, I was gonna post this!! Good to see some news on the new album. And Pixies, too!

pas de dutchie!

Edited by - Carl on 02/11/2006 09:15:14
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  10:45:38  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah! Frank + a fuzz box, that's what I'm talking about!

Denis

I love Guitar Wolf from the Erath!
Go to Top of Page

FrankfanL
- FB Fan -

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  19:23:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that post FBC !! Jim Keltner, interesting...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000