Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  17:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FRANK BLACK HONEYCOMB PROMOTIONAL POSTER

That's right my brothers and sisters "in all things Frank", when you purchase your next copy of "Honeycomb" demand your promo poster from your favorite independent record stow [Tower doesn't have 'em]

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 07/29/2005 17:55:30

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  17:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you!!! I am going to try to get one tomorrow!!!

Must get more HONEYCOMB and HONEYCOMB poster!!!
Go to Top of Page

The Marsist
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
730 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  18:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i want ,nay, NEED that poster

"To be known as an underdog - that can only be a good thing. It's better than sucking."
- Frank Black

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  18:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OldMan, your too cool!! You'll look quite the man about town with that poster in tow!
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  18:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that looks cooler than the album art.

did i say that out loud?
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  18:47:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn, CoffeeCan, is that a JBW sticker on your vehicle? That's hard-core, man.

Sometimes, no matter how shitty things get, you have to just do a little dance. - Frank
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  19:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wtf dude

pretty dangerous surely, can't see out the back.

Oh let it linger

Edited by - PixieSteve on 07/29/2005 19:20:30
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  05:50:31  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks for the peek

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  05:52:59  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That poster is quite frankly (hahaha) stunning.

*jealous*

If you invite people who all have the same blood type to a party, but you don't tell them, they'll talk about something else
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  03:55:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floop

that looks cooler than the album art.

Thatīs so true! Much cooler.

Very nice poster there, OldMan.
Go to Top of Page

Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo
* Dog in the Sand *

1056 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  06:02:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a very nice one in Paris where he is holding the telephone in the cabin... The comment is: "The new album by the ex-pixies"...

Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  19:55:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by OldManInaCoffeeCan

FRANK BLACK HONEYCOMB PROMOTIONAL POSTER

That's right my brothers and sisters "in all things Frank", when you purchase your next copy of "Honeycomb" demand your promo poster from your favorite independent record stow [Tower doesn't have 'em]

OMINACC I owe you HUGE for your tip!!!

Yesterday I went to Electric Foetus in Minneapolis and they were so cool that they gave me two posters!! One for each of the Honeycomb CD's I got. Not sure how many, if any they have left... but if you live in Minny I would head down there.

ALso if you don't live there, it doesn't hurt to ask. I was a little shy and I hate asking for things, but I am so glad I did!!!

All I could say was thank you!! like 10 times and it was nerdy but maybe cute at the same time!!

Anyway! I also have a Honeycomb bracelet. If you buy your cd at an indie record shop more than likely you will have this huge thick golden colored rubber band banding together Honeycomb with a free promo mix cd called "New Noise no.10".

So ala Lance Armstrong and his "Livestrong" thing I am going to wear this golden rubberband as a symbol of Honeycomb and good taste in music.

Ok... talking about all this just brings back the biggest thrill!

Thanks again OMINACC!!!!
Go to Top of Page

The Marsist
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
730 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  20:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im so fuckin jealous wheres my free stuff?

"To be known as an underdog - that can only be a good thing. It's better than sucking."
- Frank Black

Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  00:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I asked a record shop in town today and the guy at the shop's going to look into getting some more posters. Also he had a stack of 'Back Porch Records' sample CDs which includes the 'Honeycomb' track and other singles for free.

Ask around, don't be shy.

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  20:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, i used to be shy... that gets ya nada!!! :)

asking politely might score you some cool stuff!
Go to Top of Page

Ronzilla
- FB Fan -

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  08:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, I haven't even gotten Honeycomb yet, my local CD shop ddoesn't have it, so I doubt they will have this poster...
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  16:51:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, ya gotta get it somehow!! Maybe your local store can order it for you... or there's always online sales!!!
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  17:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Daisy Girl, you're not gonna believe what I missed out on...I called Grimey's (my favorite independent record stow)
to see if they had anymore promo posters, I figured I could get some more and share 'em, so the guy says, "Well, let me check,
I know we're out of the AUTOGRAPHED ones, but let me check for the other ones...."
You can imagine my gasp of horror at the realization of my loss! Son of a bitch, timing is everything, isn't it!

Anyway, when you think about it, that was pretty fuckin cool of The Man to take the time
to sign some of these, so maybe, if asked, he wouldn't mind doing something special like that for everyone here at fb.net...
they could even be used as a small fundraiser for this unoffical/offical website, or they could be given away...hmmmmmmm...

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 08/05/2005 17:08:32
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  06:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, OLdMan, tell us, how that story continues.

The guy at Grimeyīs checked if they had anymore promo posters...

and then came back and told you ...

well, WHAT?

Are you now in a position to share the love?

Edited by - kelladwella on 08/06/2005 06:46:59
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  06:50:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, kelladwella, it was heartbreaking. The guy told me immediately that they were out of the AUTOGRAPHED ones, and then he came back on the phone and said they were out of all of them. Truly tragic. I figure I'll go down there in a few days and buy another copy of "Honeycomb" and ask if I can have the store's promo poster when they're finished with it. Have you checked for these at any of the record stores in Berlin?

So,no, I can't share the love right now, but I do have some plans for love-sharing that involve The Man's Honeycomb showcase here in Guitar Town on September 10th. The AMA has some cool posters and t-shirts that will be available at the conference and I thought I would buy a few and see if I can get Frank to sign some of them. If my plan succeeds you'll be one of the first to know.

[off-topic] Hey, I'm going to see LUCERO, THE LEGENDARY SHACK SHAKERS, AND THE REVEREND HORTON HEAT tonight. They're playing a parking lot gig as part of the summer-long Cannery Row Revival and afterwards LUCERO is going to play a late night show upstairs at the Mercy Lounge. It should be great. JBW will be there. I'll tell him how much you're enjoying "17th & Shelby". Last time I saw him at Layla's I told him you had bought "Hellbent & Brokenhearted" at CDBaby and that I sent you "17& Shelby". He has one earlier album, "Black Boots and a Suitcase" from 2000, and as you commented previously, this one is more raw and darker than 17th or Hellbent. It's out of print, but I'll see if he has a few more available.

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  10:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I don't know if there were any autographed copies. Actually I missed the exchange of the posters. The guy that worked there was like well... check around the store and if you can find any hanging up, it's yours. So I was checking around and while this was going on my husband was up at the cash register.

While I was looking around the guy is like maybe i should check in this cabnet. My husband said he looked around in there... so I guess there may have been an autographed poster underneath. Who knows?? I would go back but I am kinda shy. But that's cool that you found that out!

You know what OMINACC, that's a great idea about having Frank sign soe and give and send the proceeds to charity. I mean, I know he's busy, and not a dancing bear, but if he would be up for it I think it would be very cool!! Man, OMINACC you have so many cool ideas.

My one suggestion would be if he is signing those posteres with the black background and the copper paint that he gets one of those metalic like pens in copper to sign em.

Man that would look stellar!!

Thanks OMINACC for hooking us all up!!!
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  11:11:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Well, let me check, I know we're out of the AUTOGRAPHED ones, but let me check for the other ones...."
Hehe, that is a really funny line.

I wish I could have seen your face. Eyes widening, mouth dropping, as you realized what could have been possible if you had asked earlier or different.

I havenīt checked for any promo goodies here in Berlin. Normally Iīm too shy to do so, but the foto in your first post is an inspiration, I have to say.
Could be that this particular poster is a 'Black Porch Records' thing and 'Cooking Vinyl' has different stuff for their promo, though.

And definitely say hello to JBW from me! Played '17&Shelby' at a dinner at my place yesterday. People noticed an asked.
Iīll also check out these Lucero guys, you keep on praising lately.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  15:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be funny if the guy in the music shop said, 'well, I think we're out of those specially recordings he did for Honeycomb fans, I'll go check!' ;)
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  16:19:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, and, "hey, why didn't you stop by, Frank was sorry he missed you OldMan when he came by for his longtime scheduled jam session with Steve Cropper, Spooner Oldham, Anton Fig,and Dan Penn here at my store. Didn't someone tell you about it the other day when you bought your first 50 copies of Honeycomb? Oh well, must have slipped our minds, didn't think it was important I guess."

I mean the reality is not too far from this scenario, when you consider they must have still had some autographed copies when I got my unautographed copy, they just didn't bother telling me. Oh well, I better chill out, I don't want to go postal [empty a few cartridges from an AK-47] over some stupid poster,huh! [I'm just kidding in case the FBI is monitoring this]

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  16:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  16:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kelladwella

quote:

"Well, let me check, I know we're out of the AUTOGRAPHED ones, but let me check for the other ones...."
Hehe, that is a really funny line.

I wish I could have seen your face. Eyes widening, mouth dropping, as you realized what could have been possible if you had asked earlier or different.

I havenīt checked for any promo goodies here in Berlin. Normally Iīm too shy to do so, but the foto in your first post is an inspiration, I have to say.
Could be that this particular poster is a 'Black Porch Records' thing and 'Cooking Vinyl' has different stuff for their promo, though.

And definitely say hello to JBW from me! Played '17&Shelby' at a dinner at my place yesterday. People noticed an asked.
Iīll also check out these Lucero guys, you keep on praising lately.

Hey kelladwella, I saw JBW last night at the LUCERO show and told him about you diggin "Hellbent" and "17th & Shelby" He said he has finished recording a solo acoustic album that has not been mastered yet and he's not sure when it will be released, and he's still scheduled to record the "band" album this fall with Rich and another producer.

As for LUCERO, you can hear 5 songs from LUCERO's newest album "Nobody's Darlings" and see some videos at: http://luceromusic.com/av.cfm

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  08:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news!
One JBW solo&acoustic album and another one produced by Rich Gilbert in the making.

Thanks for the Lucero link. I will give them a try tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000