Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  19:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn

Thanks a ton, moro!

One question: In Selkie Bride, is the line really "I'll forsake the life that I love" - and not "live"?

Sometimes, no matter how shitty things get, you have to just do a little dance. - Frank

I am hearing "live"
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  19:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moro

quote:
Originally posted by The Marsist

quote:
[quote]Originally posted by moro

But one winter he got it together and

i think its

But last winter he got it together

"To be known as an underdog - that can only be a good thing. It's better than sucking."
- Frank Black

it's "one" in the booklet...but of course even the booklet may be wrong, or they may have printed earlier lyrics for the songs that have then changed for the final versions...it happens sometimes.

i am guessing that's what happened moro. I am hearing "last," too.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  19:29:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to say thanks for everyones team effort on this! It's been a blast hearing all your ideas. Thanks to all the old vetrans leading the charge as well as all the people that are newer to the forum! Welcome and thanks for all your hard work. Please stay awhile and hang out!

In the next day or so I am going to listen to these lyrics word-for-word based on the Japaneese cd version posted here. That is all except for the ones listed in separate threads that say DB b/c those it appears have recieved the collective blessing that they are correct.

:) Honeycomb rocks!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

lucasio
- FB Fan -

Switzerland
19 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  00:12:22  Show Profile  Visit lucasio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what the heck is "shakra"? its in the song violet. maybe someone can explain the whole verse to me. i dont' understand it. i only know a swiss METAL band (yuk) called shakra.
thanx you guys
lucasio
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  01:30:51  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Discopedia is usually the place to look for song information you can also check the violet db thread where it says:

quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten

Violet's the Chakra for me

The word comes from the Sanskrit cakra meaning "wheel, circle", and sometimes also referring to the "wheel of life". The pronunciation of this word can be approximated in English by chuhkruh, with ch as in chart and both instances of a as in yoga (the commonly found pronunciation shockrah is incorrect).

The seven main chakras are described as being aligned in an ascending column from the base of the spine to the top of the head. Each chakra is associated with a certain color, multiple specific functions, an aspect of consciousness, a classical element, and other distinguishing characteristics.

Chakra - The Crown
Colour - Violet
Primary Function - connection to the divine
Element - Space

Edited by - starmekitten on 04/05/2006 02:00:41
Go to Top of Page

lucasio
- FB Fan -

Switzerland
19 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  08:36:51  Show Profile  Visit lucasio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow, thats intersting, thanx!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000