Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  09:28:11  Show Profile
All,

Here's my situation. I grew up on the pixies from my dad (literally rode to pre-school in 89 with them blaring in our Honda Civic) - so I know them backwards and forwards, up and down - and I love it all to pieces. I just got into Frank's solo stuff last fall, but there's a problem.
Most all of the listening I do is by way of a friend in Nashville who has all of his solo CDs. I hang out with him a lot even though I'm in Knoxville (two hours away), but now I realize I'm just going to have to go out and start buying his albums myself instead of borrowing and losing my friend's CDs. (I lose things).
There's a point, bear with me.
The only album I have is Devil's Workshop - I got that in December. Now where from here? Give me some good recommendations because I'm not a wealthy college student and as much as I wish I could, I can't just go on Amazon.com and buy it all at once.
Devil's Workshop is so good that even after a hundred listens it still makes me want to laugh out loud and beat the shit out of a pillow (that's a good thing). What compares?

I'll run to the CD store tomorrow (I have birthday money) if someone can point me in a few good directions.

hawken
- FB Fan -

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  09:38:36  Show Profile  Visit hawken's Homepage
They are all good....but here is my list. Since you already have DW maybe you should consider Black Letter Days as you next one. They were released on the same day. Anyway here is my list minus Pistolero....that's the last one I need to complete my collection.

1. TOTY
2. BLD
3. Frank Black (S/T)
4. Dog In Sand
5. Show Me Your Tears
6. DW
7. Frank Black and the Catholics (S/T)
8. Cult of Ray

I think that's it (no pistolero or b-sides yet).
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  09:42:44  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage
Because of about 5 recent topics that asked the EXACT same thing, it has now been added to the FAQ. http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=961

also, here is one still on the main page, which i believe is the most recent query before yours : http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12367

If that is not enough info, if you do a search, you should be able to find at least 2-3 topics about this already.

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Edited by - Broken Face on 04/04/2005 09:45:29
Go to Top of Page

Suicide_Samurai
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
431 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  09:43:03  Show Profile
I think TOTY is the best solo album and Dog In The Sand is the best Catholics album
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000