Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  01:14:53  Show Profile
All,

Look, I'm new. I'll start with one important question. I'm not trying to be intrusive - but is there a chance Frank has a published address so I can send him some actual good ole fashioned fan mail? As a fan it would mean a lot if I could send some words his way.
At any rate, I can understand if he doesn't want that kind of thing - but for now I just don't know, so tell me if he has an address. Or can I mail his record label? Thanks

paul

The Marsist
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
730 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  06:13:58  Show Profile
i dont atually no if he publishes his e-mail address.but he does visit and occasionally post on this site sometimes

A day is really two days
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  07:30:48  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage
i'm 90% sure that he does not have such an address set up. but stick around the boards long enough and you'll see him pop up now and then.

ps. mere/dean - this should really be in the FAQ if its not already

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  11:27:38  Show Profile
You could go to Oregon and just holler....he might hear you if he's passing.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  12:25:09  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address
Nah, if what I hear about Oregon is accurate, your call will be muffled by the incessant rainfall.

"Reunion? Shit union!"
Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  20:56:41  Show Profile
Yeah I checked the FAQs, but no luck. How often does he show in the forums? I think that's kind of wild. Kind of like God himself coming down for a chit chat.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  21:01:40  Show Profile
i would think you'd be able to send a letter to his management and they'd forward it on ..

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  01:40:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by paulw

Kind of like God himself coming down for a chit chat.

if god existed

take a look round the site, i mean, a good look.
check the members page for 'frnck blck'
a little ground work goes a long way
Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  02:59:07  Show Profile
No one cares that you're an athiest. I already know Frank's a member, and I've read through a lot of his posts. They all seem to pertain to specific member questions, though, and I never came across anything specific about a good way to reach him. Don't assume.

Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  03:00:04  Show Profile
- and if he mentioned something that I missed please let me know.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  03:32:49  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage
Try offering sexual favours to Ken Goes. See if he kills you or not, it would be an interesting experiment.

I'm like a lost snail in the night.
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  05:00:46  Show Profile
quote:

No one cares that you're an athiest.

i've never asked anyone to care about anything i've ever said here.

and from what i've read, frank knows what his music means to his fans, i doubt a letter from some random will make his day. maybe theres no way of contacting him for the simple reason he doesn't want to be contacted (shit! another assumption)
but you never know, so good luck.

dear frank.

i know you must get so many letters like this but, your music means so much to blah blah blah...
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  05:11:44  Show Profile
oh, and i was trying to be helpful but you're right, i did assume.

try cooking vinyl record label
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  07:04:33  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage
paul

the simple answer (which i've already given) is that there is no way to do so. i understand that you wish to get in touch with one of your favorite musicians, and i respect that, but frankly, so does everyone else in the world. and most people have 0 chance of getting in touch with their favorite musicians. however, FB has done Q&A here before, or in the KING HOLDS COURT thread there have been many specific questions answered. so i would suggest just being patient and then asking your question/giving him your comment then. as for having a personal discussion w/ the man, i'd say you're probably out of luck unless you literally bump into him somewhere.

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page

hawken
- FB Fan -

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  07:41:58  Show Profile  Visit hawken's Homepage
He hasn't posted here in a long time. I think the last post was just to say he had a kid, before that it was the "king holds court" topic...about a year or so ago. If you put a post out saying "Hi Frank you're great", you have an almost non-existent chance of getting a reply.

If I had a cool job like him I wouldn't hang out on an internet forum very often either.
Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  08:58:15  Show Profile
yeah you see I know all this. I'm not a dork - okay. I'm not looking for a correspondence, and I wouldn't expect to hear back from the guy, but I'm willing to bet any musician would get a kick out of some regular fan mail. You know? I mean hell, he isn't Ringo. I'm sure he isn't swamped with a PO Box full of little pink envelopes with lipstick kisses on them. I'm not going to send him bits of my hair or cut out magazine letters to make my words.
I know he visits the forum every now and again, but something about the internet tends to drain the quality from communication. It was a simple question at any rate - no need to get all jerk-ish about it. And so what if he gets a letter that starts out "I know you must get tons of letters blah blah blah" - what's the harm in that? Why get so high and mighty?
Bottom line, I'm old fashioned and I send letters. I send them to friends, family, and others on a regular basis. There's something very nice about a letter that I wish others would realize. You can't put the care into a forum that you can into a letter. I apologize for any of this being cheesy.
And mentioning god out of context like that was just a big flag wave to me, so that's why I said no one cares.
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  09:15:23  Show Profile

Hey paulw, congratulations, you now have a reputation here at FB.net, and whether you like it or not, it will preceed you and follow you everywhere you go here.

Something to think about, huh?

Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  09:18:37  Show Profile
uh - what kind of reputation? I'm not the screaming fan-girl with braces am I?
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  09:38:33  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage
quote:

yeah you see I know all this. I'm not a dork - okay. I'm not looking for a correspondence, and I wouldn't expect to hear back from the guy, but I'm willing to bet any musician would get a kick out of some regular fan mail. You know? I mean hell, he isn't Ringo. I'm sure he isn't swamped with a PO Box full of little pink envelopes with lipstick kisses on them. I'm not going to send him bits of my hair or cut out magazine letters to make my words.
I know he visits the forum every now and again, but something about the internet tends to drain the quality from communication. It was a simple question at any rate - no need to get all jerk-ish about it. And so what if he gets a letter that starts out "I know you must get tons of letters blah blah blah" - what's the harm in that? Why get so high and mighty?
Bottom line, I'm old fashioned and I send letters. I send them to friends, family, and others on a regular basis. There's something very nice about a letter that I wish others would realize. You can't put the care into a forum that you can into a letter. I apologize for any of this being cheesy.
And mentioning god out of context like that was just a big flag wave to me, so that's why I said no one cares.

paul, i hope you didn't think i was trying to be a jerk, i was just trying to give you the jist of how things are in frank black-land. i guess if you really wanted to try you could always send a letter to either spinART or cooking vinyl or back porch and ask them to forward the letter, but i don't think that'll do much good.

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  09:53:27  Show Profile
I was pointing "jerk-ish" towards, uh..., "FBC" I will call him/her. But no matter. I wasn't actually serious. Just so you know I'm lighthearted as hell no matter what I say. Getting mad at someone over the internet is just plain ridiculous. Kill me before that happens.
I do appreciate the help. In all honesty, my question has been answered about five times over and ten times better than I had expected - so thanks a lot.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  10:00:00  Show Profile
I dunno, maybe if you write his management, he'll get your letter. He's not this untouchable rock star locked behind golden gates or something. I'm sure he gets a lot of mail. Maybe he reads it, maybe he dos'nt get a chance. Who knows? That's all thre is to it.
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  10:17:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by frank black conspiracy

quote:

Kind of like God himself coming down for a chit chat.

if god existed

take a look round the site, i mean, a good look.
check the members page for 'frnck blck'
a little ground work goes a long way

wow!

what a time to check in. being labelled a jerk. i'm honoured.

other than the god reference, i'm slightly bemused to how this first post was of no help. Not once have you mentioned looking around this site for the answer to your question, so i was just being helpful by suggesting you do. I'm sorry i presumed you hadn't checked it out first before starting this thread, but again, how was i to know.

The 'jerk-ish' behaviour is all yours, starting from the no one cares sentence. Personally, i don't really give a shit what people think of me or my words, here and on the outside. And i have no need to care, as most of the time i try to be both kind and helpful, especially to new members on this site, who most of the time can be ignored.

Just so you know, there are folk here who have the answer to your question, and contacts to the man, but for some reason they don't feel like sharing this information with you.

i was gonna try and make amends in your other thread (that got locked), because i don't like swapping harsh words with other members, it's not me. Like you say, it's ridiculous, and why would i want to fall out with someone who obviously has something in common with me, excellant music taste.

and just so you know whenever we next converse, it's a she.
Go to Top of Page

ElevatorLady
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  10:21:12  Show Profile
paulw, don't take it so seriously. I know many members will passionately deny this, but here all newcomers are treated like shit. Well to be honest I actually think they are treated just fine, but I also think most newbies feel like they are being treated like shit in the beginning. I bet many just post a couple of times and then forever give up. But my advice is, stick around. It doesn't get any better, but you do get used to it after a while ;-) I mean, just look at the things these guys said to frnck_blck when he first started posting. He was really cool about it though. My hero.
Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  10:50:41  Show Profile
No I said jerk-ish because I didn't actually want to call you a jerk. I'm actually not one either, so we can truce and I'll take it back. Maybe it would be better if you could actually look at me right now sitting at my computer. Even when I say something like "no one cares" or "you're jerk-ish" there's a smile on my face. You'll just have to trust me. I'm no forum-man, so I won't cry myself to sleep if I get hell from anyone whether I deserve it or not. There's a simple solution to that. I turn my screen off and go find something to do. It's spring for Christ's sake.
*if Christ existed....
ok I'm joking.
Anyway, a forum isn't a fraternity. If people are going to type-haze and be jackasses then I'll just leave.
:(
I'm joking again. Elevatorlady, don't fret. It isn't a big deal. I'll stick around if I have a question or if I feel like talking about music. I won't ever get 5000 posts or little kittens or even those little words under my name that say things like =frank black attack=

As for people having "contacts" - what gives? It's an address. He isn't on the witness protection program is he? And I thought it was hilarious to look back under the "king holds court" thread and see that first smart-assed question "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop". That cracked me up. Kind of like the scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when what's her face grabs the big snake thinking it's the elephant's snout and tosses it in the bushes.
Well that's a rant.
You're all right, whoever mentioned this. My question was answered long ago. I actually sent someone an email right after opening the thread and got an answer. I don't know why this is as long as it is. Let's just drop it. Change subjects. Etc.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  10:58:13  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage
that is just flat out bullshit - we do NOT have contact info for FB. i beleive dave noisy might have a contact for ken goes, but that is for management/web site stuff - we do not have FB contact info FBC, so don't go spreading such bullshit

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page

ElevatorLady
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  11:00:13  Show Profile
Yeah, let's just drop it, but first let me write a 2000 words essay on how I'm right and you're all wrong. Just give me a minute.
Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  11:06:15  Show Profile
ha - not before I write one on the differences between a cactus and a number two pencil.
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  12:24:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

we do not have FB contact info FBC, so don't go spreading such bullshit

I never meant direct link to the man, so quit the bullshit too, please mr. moderator. You're setting a bad example here.

I meant we have JT, we have Jo, we have a friend from spinart, and in the graphics thread a member mentioned something regarding Ken Goes. Which i took to mean the member has some contact with FBs management, even if it's in a small way. Thats not bullshit. That's fact.

What a weird thread. Thanks for the fun Paul. And yeah, truce.
I never take it personally, until now. But not from you.

Edited by - frank black conspiracy on 04/04/2005 12:25:33
Go to Top of Page

Suicide_Samurai
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
431 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  12:31:24  Show Profile
Im feeling a lot of love in this thread
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  12:32:37  Show Profile
Gentlemen, gentlemen.

The truth is that Frank is swamped with a postal box crammed full of little pink envelopes with lipstick kisses on them.
I write to him at least twice a day.

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Catholics
Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  12:34:27  Show Profile
well then what's his address?

Go to Top of Page

paulw
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  12:35:40  Show Profile
and now the thread doubles in length
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  12:41:43  Show Profile
i haven't had, and read this much fun in ages

paulw, you better not disappear on us too.
ride the bullshit and stick around

Edited by - frank black conspiracy on 04/04/2005 12:43:37
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  13:23:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

paul

the simple answer (which i've already given) is that there is no way to do so. i understand that you wish to get in touch with one of your favorite musicians, and i respect that, but frankly, so does everyone else in the world. and most people have 0 chance of getting in touch with their favorite musicians. however, FB has done Q&A here before, or in the KING HOLDS COURT thread there have been many specific questions answered. so i would suggest just being patient and then asking your question/giving him your comment then. as for having a personal discussion w/ the man, i'd say you're probably out of luck unless you literally bump into him somewhere.

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

did no one listen to my suggestion? it seems like, as far as fan mail goes (which is what we're talking about here right?), the common, most appropriate way to do it would be to send it to his management or record company.

i've never sent fan mail, but i know people how have sent letters to musicians, and film directors, and usually gotten some kind of response.

there's no guarantee it will get to him, but that seems like the appropriate way to do it. i wouldn't accept "there's no way to contact him" for an answer paulw.

why is broken face getting so riled up here?

ist es möglich für ein quesadilla skrotum zu lecken? beim sprechen der quesadillas von LBF, ja. ja in der tatheheheheheheehehee!

Edited by - floop on 04/04/2005 13:28:41
Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  13:36:18  Show Profile
floop's right, paul.
you said your questions been answered over and over but just in case,
and for anyone else interested

Cooking Vinyl
PO Box 1845
London, W3 0ZA
UK

Tel: +44 (0)20 8600 9200
Fax: +44 (0)20 8743 7448
Email: info@cookingvinyl.com

Sorry if you already have this. i should have posted it to begin with.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  13:41:56  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage
i'm getting riled up because FBC implied that i was holding back information, which i do not have. i hope he can get in touch w/ FB - i have no problem with that.

but can we just bury this, please?

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000