Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dslator
- FB Fan -

24 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  13:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
READING & LEEDS
HEADLINERS ANNOUNCED

The headliners for this year's Carling Weekend: Reading & Leeds Festivals were announced this evening (Monday) at simultaneous launch events in London and Leeds.

Pixies, Foo Fighters and Iron Maiden will all be making exclusive festival appearances at the three day event, which runs concurrently in both Reading and Leeds from Friday 26th to Sunday 28th August.

We will be announcing more of the bands confirmed to appear on both the Main Stage and the NME/Radio1 Stage here at 7.15pm.

With their only confirmed UK dates and only UK festival dates, the return of Pixies to a festival they made their own with their stunning headline performance in 1990 is a very special moment. This will be your only chance to see the Pixies in the UK this year.

If one band have been the epitome of all that the festivals represent in recent years then that band is Foo Fighters. Having nearly collapsed the second stage tent on their debut Reading performance in 1995, it is both an honour and a pleasure to announce Foo Fighter's only English festival appearances.

For over 20 years Iron Maiden have been at the forefront of heavy metal and one of the world's greatest live bands, headlining stadiums and major festivals all over the planet and selling over 60 million albums in the process. Their appearances will mark Iron Maiden's first Reading appearance since headlining in 1982 and only UK festival performances this year.

Weekend tickets are on sale now priced at £125 per person. Click on the links below for more information.

dslator
- FB Fan -

24 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  13:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To book tickets go to

http://www.leedsfestival.com/displayPage.asp?ArticleID=2197&URLID=65
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  13:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I started a topic about this here about three hours ago and it got deleted. I assume this will be now.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

dslator
- FB Fan -

24 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  13:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why would someone delete this topic ?
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  13:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I also posted it in the Live thread 'cos I just wanted people to see it ASAP 'cos I know they don't have many tickets left from this batch. I did say I would delete one of them after today, but it appears that the mods weren't happy with that.

EDIT: So I assumed they would delete this one for the same reasons as they did mine.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!

Edited by - Homers_pet_monkey on 03/21/2005 13:51:03
Go to Top of Page

dslator
- FB Fan -

24 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  13:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your thread is still there.

I've just added to it !
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  14:29:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not in this section it isn't. That's what I am saying, it was deleted from here.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  14:47:39  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the two threads were identical and we only needed the one in the live section. If I knew which thread it was in the Live section, I'd link and lock this one. Show announcements belong in the live section generally.

"Join the Cult of Frank / Seriously."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000