New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dayanara
* Dog in the Sand *

Australia
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  17:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did we know about this already? i can't remember. anyways...

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000837902

Rock, Country Acts To Visit Music Midtown

Superstars from the world of rock and country will descend on Atlanta's annual Music Midtown festival, which runs June 10-12. Among the first wave of confirmed rock acts are the Pixies, the White Stripes, the Killers, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Lou Reed, while Loretta Lynn, Alan Jackson and Keith Urban will represent country's A-list.

Other artists set to appear include U.K. rock acts Keane and Bloc Party and country veterans Clay Walker, Montgomery Gentry and Trace Adkins.

Advance tickets went on sale this morning (March 14) via Next Ticketing for $65; regular priced tickets go on sale April 9 via Ticketmaster for $75.

Music Midtown will have competition this year, as Vibe magazine plans to stage is first MusicFest during the same weekend at the Georgia Dome. On its official Web site, the event promises "two nights of live concerts and two days of next artist showcases" but has yet to confirm specific acts.

I love my dead gay son!

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  17:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't recall seeing this. Woooooo hoooooo! (Too bad I can't go)

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Catholics
Go to Top of Page

dayanara
* Dog in the Sand *

Australia
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  17:10:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i can go! anyone up for a road trip? as much as i loathe festivals (and atlanta), seeing the pixies and the white stripes is not a bad way to spend your birthday.

I love my dead gay son!
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  18:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A long ways from the Vatican but a girl's gotta do what a
girl's gotta do.

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Catholics
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  18:46:21  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow that's a pretty nice lineup

The joke has come upon me

http://plasticporkbone.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

The OK Pope
- FB Fan -

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  22:39:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A bit pricier than previous MM shows (about $25-35 more), though a much better lineup than last year's. To those considering attending, you are VERY far away (as in 100+yards) from major bands that play on the 99x and 96 Rock stages (which the Pixies will likely play on either of the two). Unless you want to fight the drunks, that is.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6116 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  23:51:59  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good news,
they will be doing lots of festivals I think
not as much as last year I hope
because I don't see a b-sides show on a festival happening

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  01:29:31  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's a hell of a line-up. I don't know wether to post it on the tour dates pages, given that tickets are already on sale, or to wait until the official website gives a confirmation of the lineup.

Denis

"I believe in your perfect face..."
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  13:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, considering I live in Atlanta, I just might go. I've been to Music Midtown the past 3 years and it's always been a terrible experience--huge crowds, drunks, etc. I must warn everyone to be at the stage the Pixies are playing on about 3 hours early if you desire to be anywhere remotely close to the front, as that is by far the most popular stage and a LOT of people will be there. It seems like ticket prices have gone way up (last year it was $50), but that might just be for the full three-day pass and single day passes might be cheaper. Denis, the Pixies are definitely 100% confirmed. They play June 11 on the 99x stage.

ˇViva los Católicos! http://adrianfoster.dmusic.com/
Go to Top of Page

Shelobe
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  14:41:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live real close to ATL as well and I will be going for sure. I've never been to Music Midtown because of all the crazyness but I'll do it for the Pixies. Thanks for the advice Nimrod, I defintely want to be up close to stage wehn they play.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000