General Frank Black Chat
 FB setlist question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FredTheValet
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  14:15:05  Show Profile  Click to see FredTheValet's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi folks -

New to this forum, very happy to find it.

Is there a database or list somewhere of Frank Black live songs/setlists? I've heard a rumor that he's been known to occasionally play a song written by a friend of mine called "Family's Family", and would love to track down a recording of it, or at least confirm that it has been played live by Frank.

Thanks!

- Fred.

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  14:19:21  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you go to the main site there's all sorts of info.

Try this link out, you may be able to find it in here (though I've never heard him play that song, nor have I heard of that song):

http://www.frankblack.net/gigography/

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

FredTheValet
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  15:12:10  Show Profile  Click to see FredTheValet's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No luck there ... but thanks for the link ... I swear I even looked at the main site for just such a thing ... just not well enough, I guess ;-)

I heard of him playing this song (originally written by Chandler Travis) from a friend of mine who is friends with Frank's brother.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  15:21:27  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That'd be pretty cool. Got an MP3/sample somewhere?

"Join the Cult of Frank 2.0 / And you'll be enlightened (free for 1.x members)"
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  17:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm... I've kept track of setlists pretty well and to my knowledge I've never seen that title, but he could have played it sometime, I suppose.

ˇViva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  17:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might look through here: ('93-'99) http://members.cox.net/divercity/trade/setlistspixfb.html and here: (2000 and up) http://members.cox.net/divercity/trade/setlistspixfb2.html

That's from Gavin's (the guy who did the gigography) trade list. It's not complete by any means, but it's got the setlists for quite a lot of shows.

ˇViva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000