Creaking in "Everything is New"...?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  17:50:29  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't believe I didn't notice it until last night when I was drifting off to sleep with Show Me Your Tears playing via my iPod, but during "Everything Is New" I can now hear a very distinct creaking noise that pops up every once in a while. Anyone know what this is?

-=Apesy

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  06:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think its all my ghosts, dog gone it

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

spunXtain
= Cult of Ray =

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  18:18:56  Show Profile  Click to see spunXtain's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heard it the first time i listened to the album.

probably a chair that someone was sitting in.

Got coffee, got donuts, got wasted..
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  18:23:27  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i remember peter radiator saying at one point he believed it was a piano bench, and that seems pretty probable as it pops up on songs where a piano is prevelant

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  08:35:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, i noticed this a while ago and pretty much came to the conclusion that it was a piano bench too.

I joined the Cult of Pi / Because it's cool
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  10:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, it's a little known fact that for the recording of Show Me Your Tears Frank set up his studio on top of an Indian burial ground.

You know what incidental noise on a Catholics record freaks ME out? Toward the end of "I've Seen Your Picture", you can hear a muffled voice in back. It sounds like a voice you might hear through a thin wall. Or, if you're listening to the album through headphones, it sounds like someone outside your headphones trying to get your attention. Which scared the fuck out of me some time ago and continues to throw me today (because I might be retarded).

Maybe you can only hear it through headphones. Those are the only times I've taken clear notice of it. I don't have the CD right now to pinpoint the exact second, but it's somewhere around the second time Frank sings "I went a ways on the road that was on..."
Go to Top of Page

dayanara
* Dog in the Sand *

Australia
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  11:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a siren in either SMYT or BLD. It always freaks me out when I'm listening as I drive to work. I'm sure it was probably just a police car driving by the building as they recorded it, but I always forget it's in there and end up frantically checking all my mirrors for flashing lights.

If you really want to know, look in the Frank
Go to Top of Page

Hatchetman
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  05:37:09  Show Profile  Visit Hatchetman's Homepage  Click to see Hatchetman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think that's in 1826.

Ade

As the air conditioner hummed....
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  07:17:25  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, its in 1826 and once i was walking down a crowded city street and was looking around like a moron to find the siren

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Go to Top of Page

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  03:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard it for first time yesterday. Probably the first time I've consciouly listened for it and there it was.

Do you think it's meant to be there? It does sound good and the right sng for a siren if ever there was one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000