New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

disclive
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  01:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on the Amherst show:

Our on the road crew for Disc Live apologize for not being able to provide the service of giving fans the chance to bring home a copy of the stellar show at UMass tonight. Trust us, we were incredibley saddened today to learn that we had no CDs or digipaks to release for the Amherst show tonight. Our CD's and collector's digipaks were stuck on our shipping carrier's plane in Memphis that never left the runway. For this we are truly sorry.

However, as always, we were able to record and master the show and it is available online at www.disclive.com and will be shipped to your home complete with packaging. And for those who had already preordered for pick-up at the show- be reassured that you will be sent the product, minus the shipping costs for your pre-order.

The good news is that we are in Lowell right now, getting ready for tomorrow and we will have the show ready for you as well as Thursday's show! Don't forget- there are only 1,000 copies of this show that will ever be produced.

We're excited to be in Mass, and are continuing to work our hardest to be an on the road mobile live recording, shipping, and handling company. We've really enjoyed meeting so many of you at the shows and are greatful for your enthusiasm and support along the way.

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  05:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
disclive has time to post in this forum, but no time to answer my emails...uhm
Go to Top of Page

mrgrieves1971
= Cult of Ray =

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  06:26:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always received prompt replys from Disclive when I e-mail them.
Go to Top of Page

freakin phreak
- FB Fan -

161 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  20:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone know how long it takes for you to get the cds in the mail?
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2004 :  21:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Disclive is a small company. Without them, it would be hard or near impossible to get as good of quality recordings of the shows. The situation they handled was out of their control and they are handling it in the best way possible. Thank you for Disclive for bringing us the music we wouldn't have otherwise and preserving it forever.

Edited by - Daisy Girl on 12/01/2004 21:38:54
Go to Top of Page

Picapiedra
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  23:00:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frigg'n Italians & Freakin freaks...

"Drug run'n on this Panamanian schooner."
Go to Top of Page

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2004 :  03:26:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Picapiedra

I miss the meaning of frigg'n
Go to Top of Page

Picapiedra
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  23:08:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moro,

I was just poking fun at the guys making such a stink about this situation. ;-)

Frigg'n, Frigging, Frick'n, Fricken, Fricking, Freaking, Freak'n, Stink'n, Stinking, etc, etc'n, etcing, are all terms used in liu of "f*n*cking or f*n*ck'n", but in a much lighter sense.

Nothing personal, nor national, pal.
I know that you're from Italy, but just try not to *wine*. Oh that was bad; it must be time for sleep.
-rog.

quote:
Originally posted by moro

quote:

Go to Top of Page

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  03:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Moro,

I was just poking fun at the guys making such a stink about this situation. ;-)

Frigg'n, Frigging, Frick'n, Fricken, Fricking, Freaking, Freak'n, Stink'n, Stinking, etc, etc'n, etcing, are all terms used in liu of "f*n*cking or f*n*ck'n", but in a much lighter sense.

Nothing personal, nor national, pal.
I know that you're from Italy, but just try not to *wine*. Oh that was bad; it must be time for sleep.
-rog.

quote:
Originally posted by moro

quote:

ok, thanks for the explanation and no problem at all, I didn't take it as a personal thing. Still, I believe there's much ground for complaining about disclive...I mean, they actually sold "faulty" discs and got full cash for them...and as of me, I'm still waiting for some response about my messed up discs.
Go to Top of Page

Triakel
- FB Fan -

119 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  09:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems a bit odd to have this kind of disruption on a major tour -- going from one distributor (DiscLive), to another (MusicToday), then back to the first (DiscLive) before settling on a third (PixiesDiscs.com) -- all in the course of a few months. If you want a recording, do you pick it up at the show, download it, or wait for it to arrive in the mail? Presenting consumers with this kind of confusion seems like a great way for a band to lose potential sales.

My experience with DiscLive was OK -- not perfect but adequate considering how new onsite recording and distribution is as a business model.

I pre-ordered a DiscLive CD for a show I was to attend, realized I'd ordered for the wrong night, and asked to change my order. Although response was not prompt (more than one day), I did get my change order and I did get my CD the night of the show. The recording had some imperfections, which disappointed me, but I also got my product 20 minutes after the show. It was worth $25 to me.

But the many posts I've read from other customers, especially ones who ordered CDs for delivery and have endured ridiculous waits gives me pause. It sounds like DiscLive is disorganized or understaffed in that regard.

The e-mail I received on my change order was short and somewhat unprofessional, giving the impression the writer was extremely rushed. Staff at the venue also seemed frazzled. I've worked in small organizations that are understaffed and that's how this group seemed. Like they had promised (or were simply promised to do) more than they could reasonably deliver. That can be a lousy situation for everyone involved and can be caused by lots of factors.

I suppose we forum folk won't know the full situation, but it's pretty clear the Pixies would want a top-notch job from any recording/distribution company because the product and its delivery reflect on the band. If you get your DiscLive two months after order, or find customer service unresponsive, you might think "Why couldn't these guys hire a more competent company? What's wrong with *them* that I have to put up with *this*?"

That the band has left DiscLive twice indicates they are not happy with the company's performance and that they want better. And if this new company includes people band management are comfortable with -- well, they're in a position to decide.

As a customer, I would rather have seen the band stick with one company, and I sympathize with DiscLive employees who apparently have done their best to serve Pixies fans. But poor service is poor service. I'd also hate to be one of those fans still waiting to receive CDs they purchased weeks or months ago.

On-site recording is a new technology and orchestrating this type of endeavor (onsite recording w/onsite distribution plus mail-order availability) can't be easy for small company that has seen so much recent upheaval. But until someone perfects this type of system (recording *&* distribution) for large-scale tours, you also can't blame bands or fans for seeking alternative solutions. That's capitalism.

Just my thoughts as a longtime Pixies fan and both a MusicToday and DiscLive customer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000