Question about Disklive cds of Pixies Concerts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Flashing_Eyes
- FB Fan -

46 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  19:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to get a few things straight in my head about these discs because I'm going to see them on Tuesday in Amherst.

-Are the discs only be sold after the concerts ? I thought i heard about some website where you could order a copy of the live show you want, is this true ?
-How much are the live disc ?
-What's the sound quality of it ?
-Are they only being pressed in limited copies ? Like say i don't get a copy at the concert is there still a good chance i could find the recording somewhere ?

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  01:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
-the discs are sold both at the concert and at www.disclive.com
-at the website are 25 dollars, don't know if they are cheaper at the venues
-usually very good
-they are pressed in limited copies, once they're gone...they're gone ( they regularly surface on ebay, but sure at higher prices )
Go to Top of Page

Triakel
- FB Fan -

119 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  10:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also sometimes files show up on Web, but only select shows and in lossy file formats. Usually not show you attended, so reserving DiscLive is good. Same price at concert as on Web.
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  10:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very glad that I bought a copy of the second Montreal show ($30 Canadian or $25 American). It's a good feeling to wake up and listen to the previous night's show. ;-)

Oh and the quality's very good.

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Frank
Go to Top of Page

kcdiscipline81
- FB Fan -

8 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  09:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you can buy the actual CDs after the show and take actual discs home with you? Wow. At Dead shows last summer you could order your show but they'd ship it to you the next week.
Go to Top of Page

Jefery With One F
- FB Fan -

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  09:32:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could, but Disclive was apparently fired last night. They didn't record Lowell and everything after Amherst has been taken down from their website.

But yes, it was an amazing opportunity while it lasted. I haven't stopped enjoying the Hull show yet. In a lot of ways, it's far more clear than being at the concert itself. Because they had a soundboard connection, you can hear the dialogue betwen the band better as well as Frank whispering "Puņeta...Cabrona" during Vamos and stuff like that.
Go to Top of Page

scarred4life
- FB Fan -

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  09:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to sound bitter, but we fans in Massachusetts just keep on getting the shaft with this tour. Not only did they take a long-ass time to even schedule any dates in the state (and it looks like there won't be any date scheduled in Boston, where this whole band thing started), but now we're not even going to get Disclive recordings of these shows? If I had known, I would have brought a tape recorder or something. This blows!
Go to Top of Page

my mind seceded
- FB Fan -

7 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  10:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dude, that seriously blows hardcore. I was very much looking forward to that, like way too much. At fist I questioned whether that was why, but i found this:

No official statement has been released yet regarding the decision or the reasons for it, but PIXIESMUSIC has been informed that DiscLive will not be recording any shows for the tail end of the Pixies tour. We'll update this as we recieve more information.

This is very not cool, especially since last night's show was so incredible. I could hardly compile a beter setlist than that (given what there is to work with), except they didn't play the holiday song. Anyway, this is indeed a sad event. If anyone does get ahold of a recording of the show- which is unlikely since we all expectedofficial releases- I would greatly appreciate info.
Go to Top of Page

Flashing_Eyes
- FB Fan -

46 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  18:03:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel so lucky knowing that at least the amherst show. (the show i went to) was recorded and will be released.
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2004 :  19:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody know what the problem was?

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Frank
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly